Madonna at Miami Ultra Music Festival

Guest ditaluver

They say that her performing set will be brief meaning between 2-3 songs. Hoping it's Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, and I'm Addicted / Turn Up The Radio.

Guest ditaluver

WAIT A MINUTE! HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE! Is she performing or just hanging out to DJ a bit?! OMG :dramatic:

i dont know! thats why i started this thread! :lol::dramatic:

Guest Xanthium

well it would make more sense for her to perform. It IS a dance festival and why the hell would she fly out to Florida just to DJ for 30 minutes. Maybe this is what Guy meant by non-traditional promo. Oh god this all sounds too good to be true :|

They say that her performing set will be brief meaning between 2-3 songs. Hoping it's Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, and I'm Addicted / Turn Up The Radio.

Three songs? GMAYL, GGW and Masterpiece. :rotfl:

She isn't going to perform. And it's not the first time Madonna's hung out with a DJ to spin her music. A performance would have been planned well in advance with invitations going out to fans... as in a "promo tour". Guy said there will be no "promo tour". All her energy is going into the tour, right now. She isn't going to show up to do an unrehearsed/planned performance, nor is she going to give us a preview performance of what's going to unfold on the tour.

While it would be nice if it's a performance, I would expect something more like COADF and the Roxy appearance with Stuart or the Smirnoff event with Solveig DJing.

In fact, I wouldn't even be the least bit surprised if all this is just a DJ spinning the exclusive Smirnoff remixes of the album or something like that.

LOL! She isn't going to perform. And it's not the first time Madonna's hung out with a DJ to spin her music. A performance would have been planned well in advance with invitations going out to fans... as in a "promo tour". Guy said there will be no "promo tour". All her energy is going into the tour, right now. She isn't going to show up to do an unrehearsed/planned performance.

she'll probably lipsynch and dance around the stage

She isn't going to perform. And it's not the first time Madonna's hung out with a DJ to spin her music. A performance would have been planned well in advance with invitations going out to fans... as in a "promo tour". Guy said there will be no "promo tour". All her energy is going into the tour, right now. She isn't going to show up to do an unrehearsed/planned performance.

While I pretty much agree with your sentiment, "promo tour" can mean the press/media stops, and could be distinct from "promo gigs" (which is what the Roseland Ballroom gig and Paris gig for Hard Candy were -- like the COADF Koko gig, Roseland Ballroom/Brixton Academy for Music etc.).

Given the demanding schedule and the physical pounding her body is taking, though, I find it less and less likely there will be any promo gig either.