MDNA vocals - WOW

Apples388

Guest Xanthium

It's VMA's ROL!!! :D

That's fluidity baby. :fag:

WHAT?! The VMA'S ROL?! Get the fuck outta here with that SHIT :manson: She was AAAWWWFFFUUULL!

Guest Xanthium

No honey. That performance equals to life. :)

Um, the one where she sounds like a cat being SKINNED ALIVE?!?! OH HELL NO!

Guest Xanthium

AND THE WILD ROL VMA 1998 :wow:

She looked like some drunk yuppie businesswoman trying to bust a move at her job's annual Christmas party :manson: She even had the SLACKS to go along with it!

She looked like some drunk yuppie businesswoman trying to bust a move at her job's annual Christmas party :manson: She even had the SLACKS to go along with it!

The henna and the tits and the hair compensated the slacks :wow:

Guest Xanthium

Madonna was a ballerina. How can you even compare her dancing skills to Britney's robotic choreography? :confused:

I just think that Britney has demonstrated certain moves that I don't think Madonna could accomplish. As a dancer, I think Britney is more talented (well WAS). But Nikki did bring up a good point about elegance. I will say Madonna has a gracefulness that Britney will never have. But when I said dance off in my earlier post, I meant like a traditional dance off where you bring your hottest and fiercest moves. The GGW choreography videos posted the other day were a good example of what I mean. I feel Britney in her heyday could've beaten Madonna at one of those. I still think Madonna is a great dancer.

Something that always annoyed me with Britney fans is when i ask them why they're fan of her they almost always said things like "oh i'm a Britney fan because it's Britney bitch!" Talk about having good arguments :lmao::lmao:

Britney's "voice" is maybe "unique" but "unique" doesn't mean good. I know she used to be a better dancer than Madonna, i give her that. But that's in the PAST now. RIGHT NOW, Madonna is a better dancer than her, at freaking 53!! Just look at the choreography in Girl Gone Wild, Britney will not be able to do that NOW.

Well at least Rihanna sing LIVE unlike Britney. That's a big difference (and i'm not even a Rihanna fan, i just enjoy her music).

And i have to agree with you Viktor, i don't understand what appeal Britney have. For me she's the most overrated artist of ALL times. When you can't sing, can't dance (yeah i know she used to be a good dancer but the thing is: if you're just a DANCER, you just become a DANCER and not a "singer")and doesn't even write your songs, you just don't deserve to have a career, let alone a career THAT big.

I know she's a sweet girl, i love her personality actually but it's still annoying to someone with so little talent become that big when so many talented artists never make it big. It's honestly unfair. No offence to the Britney fans, it's just my honest opinion.

It's odd to see a Madonna stan be so adamant about Britney's lack of talent. I think ATRL is getting to you again.

It's all about the material and the X Factor sweetie. You can like or dislike her but how about not being so dismissive and disrespectful about other peoples tastes next time hmm?

It's odd to see a Madonna stan be so adamant about Britney's lack of talent. I think ATRL is getting to you again.

Are you for real? :manson:

You can like Britney if you want, there's no problem with that. But don't try to make me believe she's more talented than Madonna.

And yeah, i REALLY need to stop reading ATRL, i agree :lmao:

Are you for real? :manson:

Absolutely. If you had any awareness, you would realize that someone could say that Madonna opened the door so that someone like Britney with little perceived vocal talent could make it on hype and catchy songs alone but you are someone that basically came on here to complain about Lady Gaga so...

EDIT I see you added another line. No I'm not saying that. Not now and not in her heyday and not when it comes to dancing. But I would expect that after all the drubbing Madonna has gotten over the years about basing her career on controversy, having no talent etc, a whiny Madonna stan would be more CHARITABLE to someone that wasn't exactly WHITNEY HOUSTON in the pipes department but came out with catchy pop tunes and a larger than life image. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Absolutely. If you had any awareness, you would realize that someone could say that Madonna opened the door so that someone like Britney with little perceived vocal talent could make it on hype and catchy songs alone but you are someone that basically came on here to complain about Lady Gaga so...

Please. Madonna's voice has ALWAYS been better than Britney's. And, since the beginning of her career, she was an active songwriter too and was the lead of her career. NONE of these things apply to Britney so these comparisons are unfair.

And i have my reasons to dislike Gaga, it's not because of her talent, i know she's talented.

Like i said, i'm not trying to start a war here, i'm just giving my honest opinion.

Please. Madonna's voice has ALWAYS been better than Britney's. And, since the beginning of her career, she was an active songwriter too and was the lead of her career. NONE of these things apply to Britney so these comparisons are unfair.

And i have my reasons to dislike Gaga, it's not because of her talent, i know she's talented.

That's funny since Madonna's early very high vocals were reminiscent of Britney and she wasn't involved in the writing of some of her biggest hits up to LAP. Again with all the throwing around of the word TALANT and how JUDGEMENTAL you are about Britney, you'd think Madonna was BARBRA/Bjork/Tori Amos. Get a grip.

EDIT I see you added another line. No I'm not saying that. Not now and not in her heyday and not when it comes to dancing. But I would expect that after all the drubbing Madonna has gotten over the years about basing her career on controversy, having no talent etc, a whiny Madonna stan would be more CHARITABLE to someone that wasn't exactly WHITNEY HOUSTON in the pipes department but came out with catchy pop tunes and a larger than life image. SOUND FAMILIAR?

why should a Madonna fan give a free pass to everyone because of what people FALSLY said about her? It's confusing because you stan for Britney, but then will say she's total shit now yeah it's over etc.

why should a Madonna fan give a free pass to everyone because of what people FALSLY said about her? It's confusing because you stan for Britney, but then will say she's total shit now yeah it's over etc.

Oh I knew Supernatural's Britney batsignal would go off. The point is that Madonna had a lot more in common with Britney than things dividing them in the initial stages of her career and faced a lot of the same criticisms. Of course then Madonna evolved into the all conquering ultimate female popstar and Britney into a sedated shadow of her former self. I just find it RICH that a Madonna fan would be so OFFENDED that Britney is so devoid of talent since Madonna was the one that changed the game so that someone with Britney's PERCEIVED lack of talent could make it.

PS I don't really STAN for anyone, I try to see everyone I like with a critical eye. I think STANNING would be closer to what you do, policing the Madonna section for negative comments, posting bad Britney and Gaga pictures for the LOLZ etc.

I really love the vocals on this album. From the whispery depth of Gang Bang, to the soaring beauty of Falling Free, to the robotic funk of Some Girls. It's all really good. The lowered vocals in Some Girls are some of my favorite moments on the album ('like a virgin, sweet and clean', 'extra credit, it's gonna hurt', 'too much is never enough'). I'm not a big fan of ballads, but Falling Free is undeniably beautiful, and I love that weird vocal alteration at the end where she kind of sounds like a depressed drag queen. :lol: In a good way though. I love all the vocals, but those three stick out for me.

since Madonna was the one that changed the game so that someone with Britney's PERCEIVED lack of talent could make it.

well I don't think many Madonna fans consider that a good thing?? I've seen critics and other artists bash Madonna for it, though MTV played a big part too.

PS I don't really STAN for anyone, I try to see everyone I like with a critical eye. I think STANNING would be closer to what you do, policing the Madonna section for negative comments, posting bad Britney and Gaga pictures for the LOLZ etc.

you're the one who freaks over britney and gaga, everyone else you don't seem bothered to defend.

That's funny since Madonna's early very high vocals were reminiscent of Britney and she wasn't involved in the writing of some of her biggest hits up to LAP. Again with all the throwing around of the word TALANT and how JUDGEMENTAL you are about Britney, you'd think Madonna was BARBRA/Bjork/Tori Amos. Get a grip.

Not true. Lucky Star, one of her iconic hits and first top 5, was entirely written by her. And ALL the songs on True Blue were co-written and co-produced by her. So she was very implicated way before LAP.

Not true. Lucky Star, one of her iconic hits and first top 5, was entirely written by her. And ALL the songs on True Blue were co-written and co-produced by her. So she was very implicated way before LAP.

Some people think Madonna became famous and then later found talent, and other singers can go about it the same way. They can't.

ACTUALLY Lucky Star was co-written by Steve Bray but they divided the credits for some reason and he got sole credit on another song they co-wrote. It was posted here a few weeks ago. And even though FANS love to bring up Lucky Star, it's not the song that made her a star, is it.

I'm not saying that Madonna wasn't implicated in her career. Of course she was. Madonna MADE herself. Britney was made by others. I remember an interview by the person who did the lighting design for the Virgin tour and he said that Madonna demanded that he show her how she fit into the design. Britney would never do that. And that's why Madonna evolved into who she is today and Britney lost interest and relevance. My point is that it was never her amazing VOCALS or her DANCING that made Madonna a star. It was that intangible thing, the X Factor that people connected to. It's the same thing that made Britney a great popstar. Their difference in artistry accounted for their very different career paths.

you're the one who freaks over britney and gaga, everyone else you don't seem bothered to defend.

I would hardly call what I'm doing right now freaking out. Actually I think it's interesting that I clearly consider myself a fan of Britney and Gaga and yet you seem to be a hater and at the same time more passionate and obsessed with responding to topics and posts about them than I am. After all I don't check my local record stores to see what price they're selling the latest Gaga cd at or can quote her sales numbers off the top of my head.