BEAUTIFUL KILLER

Juliana

It's a nice song but i rarely play it. i went crazy when Solveig played it live though, so maybe its a grower for me. she killed it with that Olympia performance :dramatic:

Yeah, it would have been cool if that performance made it into the actual show, though she probably thought it would have been gun overkill at that point.

Yeah, it would have been cool if that performance made it into the actual show, though she probably thought it would have been gun overkill at that point.

True true. i think some people wanted it to replace Revolver but that is one of my faves so ill take that one off performance :wow:/>

Do you know any good remixes Skin?

I love everything about this song...classic Madonna!!! Strings, hooks, awesome lyrics!

"Can't really talk with a gun in my mouth/maybe that's what you've been dreaming about" one of her best lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...

UGH. I'm back on this again. What a horrible injustice! :lol: Probably the biggest missed opportunities of her entire career were not releasing this, Masterpiece, and Love Spent as singles. I repeat: UGH.

I never understood the hype about this song tbh

Well, there are many reasons, but perhaps the easiest way to explain it to people who don't like it as much is this: it's a nice pop song that builds up to a satisfying second half.

It's got a nice steady rhythm (nothing jarring like the Give it 2 Me bridge, for example), a chorus that becomes stronger the further the track goes (as opposed to becoming more boring or repetitious), a great bridge, classic string arrangement and a good chorus "delay" at the end. It doesn't feel rushed and it's not too long either.

One or more of these qualities are missing in pretty much every other MDNA song. Doesn't mean that some of those other songs aren't fantastic in their own right, but it means that they're going to be less appealing to a wider range of people.

As Pud said a couple of pages ago, this is the TOTAL Madonna song.

It would've been hard for people to change the radio when it came on, even if only because it's good background music.

I wish,from the bottom of my heart,that this Old Lady do another Twitter ask session. Then we will flood her timeline questioning about Beautiful Killer and Love Spent. She must have a logical explanation. Maybe it's part of non-conventional promotion,lefting good songs as b-sides.

Well, there are many reasons, but perhaps the easiest way to explain it to people who don't like it as much is this: it's a nice pop song that builds up to a satisfying second half.

It's got a nice steady rhythm (nothing jarring like the Give it 2 Me bridge, for example), a chorus that becomes stronger the further the track goes (as opposed to becoming more boring or repetitious), a great bridge, classic string arrangement and a good chorus "delay" at the end. It doesn't feel rushed and it's not too long either.

One or more of these qualities are missing in pretty much every other MDNA song. Doesn't mean that some of those other songs aren't fantastic in their own right, but it means that they're going to be less appealing to a wider range of people.

As Pud said a couple of pages ago, this is the TOTAL Madonna song.

It would've been hard for people to change the radio when it came on, even if only because it's good background music.

Excellent :clap:

• 1 month later...

Been listening to this many times in the past few days since the Grammys. I think it could've been a fine single and the Olympia version could've been a really cool Grammy performance. Damn them!!

I love the Olympia version of this song, as well as the performance!

All the people I know that is not a Madonna fan love this song and all of them say the same thing about it as soon as she starts singing "Hey! It's Madonna". With most of the tracks of "MDNA" they say "Who sings that song?" and when you say "Madonna" they say "Ah, ok... I didn't recognize her voice".

I think that the good thing about "Beautiful killer" is that. You hear Madonna all the time. I'm not saying that the rest of the songs are bad but I miss her real voice most of the time. I think that without so much distortion on her voice they could be much better.

All the people I know that is not a Madonna fan love this song and all of them say the same thing about it as soon as she starts singing "Hey! It's Madonna". With most of the tracks of "MDNA" they say "Who sings that song?" and when you say "Madonna" they say "Ah, ok... I didn't recognize her voice".

I think that the good thing about "Beautiful killer" is that. You hear Madonna all the time. I'm not saying that the rest of the songs are bad but I miss her real voice most of the time. I think that without so much distortion on her voice they could be much better.

:clap::thumbsup:

That's a great point, and why so many of us like it so much. Masterpiece and even Turn Up the Radio sound like her too, but this one's the most recognizable tune.

I can't get enough of this song! Just perfect! Classic madonna melody and classic madonna vocal energy.

It's definitely her best song from her last two albums. I'd have to go back to 2005 to pick a better track.

I can't get enough of this song! Just perfect! Classic madonna melody and classic madonna vocal energy.

It's definitely her best song from her last two albums. I'd have to go back to 2005 to pick a better track.

+1 :clap: