BEAUTIFUL KILLER

Juliana

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why wasn't this included on the standard edition of the album and why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why couldn't it be released as a single with a kick-ass video? It's probably the best song on the whole album. Classic Madonna, if you ask me.

CLASSIC MADONNA.

Madonna-Beautiful-Killer2.jpg

Cum on my face.

:D

7.) Now we're back to the MDNA theme with Beautiful Killer placed firmly in the middle of the album and not as a relegated bonus track. Solveig literally delivers the goods in this fine production harnessing the Queen Of Pop's fascination with the beautiful bad guy. Imagine Madonna back in the Papa Don't Preach storyline; the only difference is that she runs off in her slight baby bump with a handsome murderer! "Can't really talk with a gun in my mouth. Maybe that's what you've been dreaming about. Cause you're a beautiful killer, with beautiful eyes. A beautiful killer and I love your disguise." The song is structured the way most Madonna songs have been done in the past. You actually remember the chorus and want to hear it over and over again. The distinct strings : violin, viola and cello are prominently used instead of electrobeats giving it a late-90s-Suzie Katayama approach.

Vocals: 2, Production: 2, Lyrics: 1.5, Chorus Strength: 2, Mainstream Appeal: 2 = (9.5/10)]

other tracks on http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/05/madonna-mdna-album-performance-review.html

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why wasn't this included on the standard edition of the album and why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why couldn't it be released as a single with a kick-ass video? It's probably the best song on the whole album. Classic Madonna, if you ask me.

CLASSIC MADONNA.

Madonna-Beautiful-Killer2.jpg

Love this. Still one of the best songs on the album - and damn accessible w/o being generic.

I keep coming back to this. And I keep dwelling on the travesty that is the disregard by M and her "management" for this song!!! :angry:

I was listening to it today, as I do just about every day. I usually listen 3 or 4 times in a row. It's up there with her very best pop songs. Best song on MDNA, and that's saying a lot because I adore almost every song on that album. And I think it's because of the point I keep going back to, it's a classic Madonna song. It's the lyrics, the sound, the melody, the rhythm... everything we fell in love with about her music, all rolled into one. Someday, I'ma make a music video to it. :vogue:

Beautiful Biller! :dramatic:

What Alain Delon movie is being referenced here? I forgot what was mentioned and meant to check if I could Lovefilm or Amazon it.

The only thing I dislike is she mentions Delon by name at the end - unnecessary, since she dedicated it as a tribute, a bit of sampled dialogue a la Jimmy Cagney in White Heat might have been better. But it's great little number.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely agree - should've been on the regular edition and should've been the second if not the lead single! What a missed opportunity...

Right. What a waste, same with Love Spent.

Someone needs to shake her violently. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest SuperPop

5 months after the release of MDNA this is the track that I mostly listen to

love its simplicity and the production

Yep. They should have just released a 13 track edition IMO. With Beautiful Killer being on it.

IFU, B'DS and BF should have been 'b-sides' (unlikley in these times I know) or just not released at all.

And BK should have been a single.

• 2 weeks later...

The "charge/discharge" sound they added in the chorus after "Can't really talk with a gun in my mouth" for the Olympia version is so simple yet so genius. It always plays in my mind when I listen to the CD version now.

Much better than the stupid shot sound at the end. (Although, again, the Olympia performance elevated through visuals.)