MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

OKAY since I can't post a new thread I am gonna say it here..........

I'M ACCEPTED TO UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN and moving to the apartment building where Madonna lived :dramatic:

Wow well done ! How cool is that ???!!! ( VERY !)

It's really irritating that Guy Oseary responds to fans as if they are little kids with no sense of what is happening behind the curtain. He should just shut up and do not respond at all. His responses makes it looks worse. It's obvious that she can't promote, do photoshoots, interviews, tv shows, performances, videos or anything while rehearsing daily for the tour. WE GOT THAT GUY OSEARY. The point is why the rush to go on tour. Does she wants to end this era as fast as she can with a big cash in her pocket to jump in another movie project? Just saying.

I'm not clear as to what promotion through releasing singles and videos has to do with art. The point of promotion is to sell more records though having hits on the radio. That is about business too, just as much as touring. She did the album which you can enjoy as a piece of art. I'm not clear as to how it selling more copies will increase the art.

Maybe she feels what she does on tour is part of her art, too just as much as the album is. She does put a lot of effort into creating costumes, special performances and videos for the tour so I'm sure she feels there's art in her live performances too. If it was just about money, she could just perform all her old hits in one outfit with no special staging. But she puts a lot of effort on the tour into showcasing the new album.

With W.E., there was no other way to promote it to the public than doing interviews. But with the album, there is a way of promoting it that she is doing, the tour.

It's not about the selling. By this point the selling is guaranteed by her name alone. It's about filming videos, doing photoshoots, making interviews about the music, tv performances with her band (by this point we could only dream) to create the mood and the legacy of this work. The selling of the album is also a consequence of that besides her name, but that is ultimately the developing of her art, of her music.

Of course the tour is a huge and great part of the deal, but is it the only thing for MDNA? Why they did not booked the tour for some months later and let the era develop smoothly? That decision has a purpose and the MONEY is the obvious response.

The tour is not promoting the album. In fact, the album is promoting the tour. The focal point is where the fast money is and that's the tour. It's a pitty but that's the reality of this business strategy. They are going after where the real money is, and the album comes in as a support sadly.

It's not about the selling. It's about filming videos, doing photoshoots, making interviews about the music, tv performances with her band (by this point we could only dream) to create the mood and the legacy of this work. The selling of the album is a consequence of that but that is ultimately the developing of her art, of her music.

This really makes no sense to me. Do you really think her going on some chat show where she is asked the same boring questions about her kids etc. is developing her art? As someone else said, most of the media now never wants to talk about the music. She did go Larry Flick's show which is one of the few where artists get to talk about the actual music and the creative process. Why is performing a song on tv developing art, but performing the same song on tour for her fans not art, and all about the money? Why is a photoshoot developing her art, but the costumes she wears on tour not developing her art, but just money? She is putting her art into a different form, the tour. We all need to accept that now.

This really makes no sense to me. Do you really think her going on some chat show where she is asked the same boring questions about her kids etc. is developing her art? As someone else said, most of the media now never wants to talk about the music. She did go Larry Flick's show which is one of the few where artists get to talk about the actual music and the creative process. Why is performing a song on tv developing art, but performing the same song on tour for her fans not art, and all about the money? Why is a photoshoot developing her art, but the costumes she wears on tour not developing her art, but just money? She is putting her art into a different form, the tour. We all need to accept that now.

If you are OK with it that's nice. But as a fan i want to feel the era as a whole process of taking MDNA to life. And that's not only playing the CD on my car. An album era is the union of many aspects of her art, including the performances, the new looks, the tv shows, the photoshoots, the album parties, the news, AND OF COURSE THE TOUR. Everything comes together and creates a mood to it.

Even HC had that feeling to it even though it wasn't very well received by the fans. COAD had a GREAT feel attached to it and that plays a whole lot to why that album is considered so legendary nowadays.

The tour is a great part of it, but it's not only that. But as you say, we have to accept that now.

If you are OK with it that's nice. But as a fan i want to feel the era as a whole process of taking MDNA to life. And that's not only playing the CD on my car. An album era is the union of many aspects of her art, including the performances, the new looks, the tv shows, the photoshoots, the album parties, the news, AND OF COURSE THE TOUR. Everything comes together and creates a mood to it.

I guess we look at music differently. How I relate to music is I listen to it and my enjoyment of it has to do with how I relate it to my life and my life experiences. I don't need Madonna to do interviews to explain it all to me or do all these things to create the mood.I listen to a lot of indie and unknown artists who don't have the access to the media to do those type of things. That doesn't stop me from getting into their songs. I think you're unrealistic about promotion in the past. Madonna wasn't doing it to create a mood, she was doing it to sell records. This mood thing was just your interpretation of it.

I guess we look at music differently. How I relate to music is I listen to it and my enjoyment of it has to do with how I relate it to my life and my life experiences. I don't need Madonna to do interviews to explain it all to me or do all these things to create the mood.I listen to a lot of indie and unknown artists who don't have the access to the media to do those type of things. That doesn't stop me from getting into their songs. I think you're unrealistic about promotion in the past. Madonna wasn't doing it to create a mood, she was doing it to sell records. This mood thing was just your interpretation of it.

Oh Glinda :doh:

Guest Gigolo

I feel the same way Nessie does. A pity because unlike HC, I think MDNA is a great album that deserved videos, photoshoots, etc and then, a superb tour. Having the tour so soon undermines the era. Maybe the album outperform their wildest dreams?

Guest ditaluver

Having the tour so soon undermines the era.

what? shes starting the tour around the same time as she did with COADF...

that era was fantastic

what? shes starting the tour around the same time as she did with COADF...

that era was fantastic

Uh? COAD was released on November2005 and the Confessions Tour started in May2006. WTF? :wacko:

Before the tour she did loads of promo including even a trip to Japan!

Uh? COAD was released on November2005 and the Confessions Tour started in May2006. WTF? :wacko:

she hates to repetherself...

she can do whatever she wants...

she dont give a fuck what people thinks..

she ll do it on her own way...

...i don t get the people who complain all the time. she put an album out...she s doing a tour...she did 2 videos...and we are still on the begining of 2012.

Guest Not4Pussies

after 2-3 weeks out, i really like the album but i cant really seem to connect to it like i instantly have with all of her other albums.

there are some songs i love and think are standouts but there's just something about the album as a whole that i can't point my finger on.

i dont know if its the order of the songs. it reminds me of the flow of Music.

maybe cause its dark and cold like Erotica, an album that took me a while to warm up to and now its one of my favorites.

i dont think i can even rank MDNA yet. if i did right now, it would probably be below top 5.

after 2-3 weeks out, i really like the album but i cant really seem to connect to it like i instantly have with all of her other albums.

there are some songs i love and think are standouts but there's just something about the album as a whole that i can't point my finger on.

i dont know if its the order of the songs. it reminds me of the flow of Music.

maybe cause its dark and cold like Erotica, an album that took me a while to warm up to and now its one of my favorites.

i dont think i can even rank MDNA yet. if i did right now, it would probably be below top 5.

You think it lacks cohesion? I suppose that may be true, like it was with Music as you say. I can't rank it yet either.. but I would say it's her most enjoyable and perhaps best songs wise since ROL.

MDNA is a good solid beautiful album with lots of variety and i am in love with it. that is all. #1 or #121 :thumbsup:

I totally agree with you. On first listen, I didn't like the sequencing of the tracks but then I came up with my own sequence with I'm Addicted as the opener followed by Gang Bang and Girl Gone Wild. I have to say this is her best album since ROL. Every track is very strong.

Its a good album and ranks up in her top 5 for me but perhaps some of us are missing a major performance. I mean we got a bit of GMAYL at the Superbowl and that's it.

Thank GOD someone else feels the same as me. I am so fucking enamored of the MDNA album and grateful for it, I could not give a FUCK about her going on some lame show to discuss motherhood. I loved the Larry Flick interview!

You probably are also in shock about people bemoaning the sales of this album?

she hates to repetherself...

she can do whatever she wants...

she dont give a fuck what people thinks..

she ll do it on her own way...

...i don t get the people who complain all the time. she put an album out...she s doing a tour...she did 2 videos...and we are still on the begining of 2012.

Your post is :wacko:

Guest Not4Pussies

You think it lacks cohesion? I suppose that may be true, like it was with Music as you say. I can't rank it yet either.. but I would say it's her most enjoyable and perhaps best songs wise since ROL.

yes i think so. i even made my own playlist on itunes and the flow works much better

Guest Not4Pussies

this is what i came up with so far.

i say so far because i might change it up a bit or remove 2-3 songs.

yttfytytr.jpg

I love how everybody has their own tracklist for this album. :lol: While I find the whole mood of the album is cohesive, it's definitely a product of the itunes era. Here is my tracklist:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. I Don't Give A

3. Gang Bang

4. I'm Addicted

5. Some Girls

6. Turn Up The Radio

7. Give Me All Your Luvin

8. Superstar

9. Birthday Song

10. I'm A Sinner

11. Beautiful Killer

12. Best Friend

13. I Fucked Up

14. Love Spent

15. Masterpiece

16. Falling Free

In regard to her touring so early...the way I see it, the reason Madonna has the status she has at this point in her career and can demand $400 for tickets to her show is because of her reputation as a live performer. She may put out a bad song, album, crappy videos from time to time but she ALWAYS redeems herself with her tours (hello American Life). I've always felt performing her music live is where she exudes the most passion even more than her albums. The stage is where she can embody ALL her talents.....she has control over themes, look, just organizing the whole thing in general, kind of like a "director".....she dances.....she sings.....she acts.....and she gets to feel the energy of the fans. At this point in her career with the way radio gives her cold shoulder, the decline of album sales in general, the return she gets from "traditional promo" isn't worth the investment. Plus she's signed with LIVE NATION, I can totally see why she's just jumping into what she loves doing most.

I realize it's a different time and all that but I kinda like Madonna going back to basics like she did back in the day. Throw the singles out there with some HOT videos, put the album out and let them do what they will do. It feels kinda old school lately with all the positive buzz yet we've seen very little of her out there. I remember when she started doing more promo in the late 90's/early 00's I was kind of surprised because she always seemed kind of elusive up until then. IDK...seeing her talk to seemingly any journalist and showing up on HSN etc :lol: kind of made some of the old school "mystique" fade a bit IMO. I know...times change and all that.

I think I need to shuffle it myself, I'm already over that default tracklist order and had to have a break from it for a day or 2 so I don't wear it out and the sequencing must be one reason. I LOVE Isaac's order putting the two "fuck" songs together and I always thought Best Friend was a near closer (the abrupt ending for one). B'Day Hole of course perfect beside GMAYL.

I love how everybody has their own tracklist for this album. :lol: While I find the whole mood of the album is cohesive, it's definitely a product of the itunes era. Here is my tracklist:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. I Don't Give A

3. Gang Bang

4. I'm Addicted

5. Some Girls

6. Turn Up The Radio

7. Give Me All Your Luvin

8. Superstar

9. Birthday Song

10. I'm A Sinner

11. Beautiful Killer

12. Best Friend

13. I Fucked Up

14. Love Spent

15. Masterpiece

16. Falling Free

This is MINE! :wow:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I'm Addicted

4. Turn Up the Radio

5. Give Me All Your Luvin'

6. Some Girls

7. Superstar

8. I Don't Give A

9. I'm a Sinner

10. Beautiful Killer

11. Best Friend

12. Love Spent

13. Masterpiece

14. Falling Free

Her BEST album. :thumbsup:

I love B-Day Song but it would ruin the flow. I Fucked Up is the worst song of this era.

Guest bluejean

And I remember too the big shock of starting a tour so soon after an album release THEN. Hard Candy was even sooner and this time around is even sooner again. Maybe next time she'll release the album as the tour starts :lol: