MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

right? i certainly dont hate GMAYL the way many seem to, but if anyone were to glance at my ipod, they'd probably think i hate the rest of the album. :lol: i keep changing my mind over whether or not to reset its play count.

True dat! Ugg, just diagnose me with OCD cause this situation is really irking me.

:inlove:

I've just realised that I like the instrumental of GMAYL 6x better than the actual song. I had the same feeling when I saw the MDNA teaser (M + M.I.A. in the studio). Still, I need the full intrumental to make a decision.

Today I had a random thought. Madonna should go on NPR, on a show like Fresh Air Eith Terry Gross. Someone who will ask her intelligent questions about her artistry. Vnot even kidding. She would sell even more records!

They should dust off Kurt Loder and have them do an interview. What is he up to these days anyway?

Yikes, I found my answer (although I haven't seen the film yet and I imagine he's not out to get her, so maybe his criticisms are valid):

http://reason.com/archives/2012/02/02/we-chronicle-and-the-woman-in-black

I'm already tired of some songs on the album. I think that for me this album is already over it's not something memorable. Even Masterpiece has become boring to my ears. I try to be excited and listen to her music but it's just so crappy at some point in the album. I'm sure many people feel as I do right now. Honestly M did it right. Made a worse album than HC.

PLUS I'm disappointed by the fact that M lost her originality in that hideous video for GGW. I know she was the first to do provocative things on her videos BUT you know it's 2012 and we've seen this sex stuff with religious messages, already and before. It has become boring and cliche. She seems to be craving so much for returning back to her throne that she does the wrong thing and loses the meaning. meh sorry about that post but that's how I feel.

I agree. Im very disappointed with this album.

:D

After a week's worth of downloads, GIRL GONE WILD and GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN' still figure higher than any of the MDNA tracks. Following behind are GANG BANG, MASTERPIECE and I DON'T GIVE A.... The rest of the other album tracks which were visible during the initial day/s of release no longer appear to have charted.

If this is used as a gauge for future release/s, Gang Bang is an (odd) favourite distantly followed by I Don't Give A... (since Masterpiece is already released as a single in the UK only).

US iTunes Album as of 03 April, 2012

# 9 MDNA (Deluxe Version) - Madonna

UK iTunes Album as of 03 April, 2012

# 12 MDNA (Deluxe Version) - Madonna

Canada iTunes as of 03 April, 2012

# 5 MDNA (Deluxe Version) - Madonna

Australia iTunes Album as of 03 April, 2012

# 17 MDNA (Deluxe Version) - Madonna

more chart details on http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/04/madonna-mdna-album-chart-performance.html

:rolleyes:

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and if you don't like MDNA more power to you but you seem to be making some contradictory statements. You say age isn't a factor but in an earlier post you wrote "Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it?" and then just now you write "I agree that confessions wasn't something that a singer in her 40's would be suited for". I will admit that when I first heard the lyrics to GGW and saw the single cover I was like "Oh hell no Madonna, act your age!" but then I realized after awhile that even though I think the GGW lyrics are just shit in general it had nothing to do with her age. And my outrage had nothing to do with me being personally offended by Madonna 'not acting her age'. I realized I was worried about how others would perceive Madonna and that they would laugh at her or make fun of her. I decided to say fuck it and not worry about what others think.

Age was brought up by someone else who wanted to knock me because I don't like MDNA. The bottom line is, I don't like the music it sounds like loud noise no substance. I thought with William Orbit back it would have been a lot better. I prefer Handy Candy to this

Age was brought up by someone else who wanted to knock me because I don't like MDNA. The bottom line is, I don't like the music it sounds like loud noise no substance. I thought with William Orbit back it would have been a lot better. I prefer Handy Candy to this

I'm surprised that you don't like MDNA but you are entitled to an opinion. I think it has something for everyone on it...including old elements from her previous work combined with newer and more up-to-date tracks. I think songs like Falling Free, Love Spent and Gang Bang have a lot of substance.

There is nothing Madonna about MDNA Hard Candy had more Madonna. It sounds like Lady Gaga and I hate Lady Gagas music

Well, whether we like it or not...Lady Caca, or rather her production team, has influenced the current pop sound. But I think Some Girls and the dubstep breakdown in Gang Bang are the only parts of the album that bear a slight resemblance to Caca's sound. The rest is pure Madonna!

There is nothing Madonna about MDNA Hard Candy had more Madonna. It sounds like Lady Gaga and I hate Lady Gagas music

Holy Fuck, this makes no sense. Turn Up the Radio, Love Spent, Masterpiece, and Beautiful Killer are classic Madonna! She set the template for these "types" of songs, they certainly sound like her. She also did two songs that are quite different from anything she has ever done: Gang Bang and Falling Free. The day that Gaga sings something as beautiful and free of artifice as Falling Free may or may not ever come.

One of the reasons it's hard to take these piss on the parade comments seriously is because they say either "she is too old for this music" or "it does not sound like Madonna." both of which are, to be frank, kind of ignorant. If you don't like the album, that is fine; but just leave it at that or give a decent reason.

The End.

http://www.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=13281_16771_14577_23711&pc=FXCMMDN54023

Madonna MDNA Zip Hoodie

Madonna's MDNA Album logo in a multi-color raised print on the front of a 100% cotton, black, zip hoodie.

Item #: FXCMMDN54023

$49.95

MDN54023.JPG

NICE!! I'm gonna order one of these.I also have the white 'Hard Candy' hoodie,with the pink lettering.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007K3KO74/ref=as_li_ss_sm_fb_us_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=drownmadon-20&linkCode=shr&camp=213733&creative=399837&creativeASIN=B007K3KO74&ref_=sr_1_4&qid=1333363329&sr=8-4

Price for the MDNA Vinyl has dropped to $29.67

MDNAhttp://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=47&t=38996

Madonna | Format: Vinyl

Price: $29.67 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

This title will be released on April 10, 2012.

Pre-order now!

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

51NLtgJeU1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Holy Fuck, this makes no sense. Turn Up the Radio, Love Spent, Masterpiece, and Beautiful Killer are classic Madonna! She set the template for these "types" of songs, they certainly sound like her. She also did two songs that are quite different from anything she has ever done: Gang Bang and Falling Free. The day that Gaga sings something as beautiful and free of artifice as Falling Free may or may not ever come.

One of the reasons it's hard to take these piss on the parade comments seriously is because they say either "she is too old for this music" or "it does not sound like Madonna." both of which are, to be frank, kind of ignorant. If you don't like the album, that is fine; but just leave it at that or give a decent reason.

The End.

Well said! :clap: MDNA is classic Madonna.It has elements of everything that she has ever done,musically.And,like you pointed out,she experiments a little too...making this a well-rounded,eclectic display of her talents.

I just read non senses, i respect the fact that there cool be fans that don't lime MDNA, Hard Candy, American Life or whatsoever ... But just leave it there, don't look for excuses like it is something inmature, she's been there, done that, she's just a copycat ... First of all i think that MDNA sounds nothing like Gaga, and def got something for everyone, lyrics are much better than HC or even COADF ... At the end of the day it is an evolution, and honestly a great one, i can still dance, listen and get emotional to her music, if it's not a grower for some of you 'c'est la vie' but do not put the blame on Madonna

I read in another forum that the sales from the tickets won't be counted? Not sure where that comes from though...

They are counted as long as the person who bought the tickets actually redeems the "coupon" they were sent. If they don't redeem the "coupon" (by registering for a physical copy to be sent, or downloading a digital copy), then the sale doesn't count. This has been confirmed by Billboard.

Guest bluejean

In what way does it sound like Lady Gaga? I am not hearing it.

I am hearing slight traces of Britney, Rihanna and Katy Perry but not really in a big way. There is so much variety on this album there is bound to be traces of current pop artists in the production.