MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

"The MDNA tracks... I'm thrilled... though I have to say.... I saw how they could've been better from day 1."

He's proud, but not proud enough apparently.

I got the same interpretation. Fair enough (songs, like any other art, could be tweaked over and over and over), but MDNA is great as it is. Though he could've definitely helped with the track listing! I read somewhere that we was responsible for it since he was the supervisor of the whole project. Thematically it makes sense but sound wise it's pretty terrible. But we got the same disaster with Music (I wonder if he was involved in the sequencing then too).

Oh well, that's not what I came to share today: I listened to the album for real, with my headphones on and not at work or about to sleep or on the bus or whatever and I was blown away all over again. Walking outside with I'm Addicted; buying groceries with Gang Bang and I'm a Sinner; getting coffee with Love Spent and Masterpiece; walking back with Turn Up the Radio and making breakfast with Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up. It was marvelous. Thank you, Madonna.

"The MDNA tracks... I'm thrilled... though I have to say.... I saw how they could've been better from day 1."

I wonder if he thought this was going to be ROL Part 2?

Well, I don't think William should even think that. We got a fantastic album. It's not his fault that Madonna's losing her pop instincts about what constitutes a kick-ass lead single anymore.

I think (as fans) we got our money's worth. Tons of songs (plus mostly good bonus tracks) and some heartfelt lyrics that cut to the core. The only thing that sucked about this era (for me) was the lead single. That's it. Promo would've been nice too, but hey, if the lead single would've been stronger the album probably wouldn't be sliding down the charts like a greased stone.

Er... if he saw how they could be better why didn't he MAKE them better? I don't think they're bad but he apparently thinks so. What a weird way to undercut your own work and undoubtedly piss off Madonna in the process.

I finally got to download the album from iTunes...My computer crashed the day before it was released in March and it took them 1 month to repair that shit (screw you, Windows). Finally I can listen to it without the car radio :lol:

I'm probably quite late with my opinion, but I'm sticking to the general one. It's really cool, of course no LAP or ROL (who expected that anyway?) and Confessions was also (partially) better, but it's much better than Hard Candy and there are some killer songs on it: Gang Bang, Love Spent (PLAY THIS ON TOUR, I BEG YOU MADONNA!!!) and Falling Free. I have to admit even B-Day song is actually quite ok. I also like the variety of the album, I was a bit afraid that the songs produced by Solveig would sound too different (and inferior) to the Orbit songs, but the album got a really good mix. It's not like Hard Candy where there were some awful songs and you kind of had to find "the diamants of the album" by yourself. I don't know how it compares to the other albums exept the ones named above, I think we can only really judge that fairly when the era is over. Too sad that the promo is shit, though :p

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

Times are good.

Interesting times.

Got 3 pages emails and tomorro gonna get back EVERY EVERY one. Especially Vidia and Nadira

(we made history in HK)

Cargo 5 i KNOW now,

after doubts and agony,,,

has got the goods.

for CERTAIN.

and MDNA tracks . . . am thrilled . . . tho havt say,,,, saw how coulda been better from day 1. . .

Not hindsight,

But whatever.

Fate plays as fate deals

I remembered he was tweeting congratulatory messages to Martin Solveig when MDNA was about to be released . If this is indeed the real William Orbit then it's very silly of him to write such things.

And YES I'm pretty sure he thought this was going to be ROL 2 or even bigger.

I haven't saw many negative reviews, but this one was particularly brutal :confused:

34eqat1.jpg

Yeah, but it's funny that even through the venom of that review, you can tell even the haters like "Gang Bang", "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" - which just proves that hardcore anti-fans would've potentially been swayed more by those songs than the first two singles.

"Love Spent", "Gang Bang" and "I'm a Dick, Ted" are clearly the 27th, 51st and 19th Best Madonna Songs of All Time, respectively, when even the unfairly negative reviews cite them as highlights.

Did he actually really listen to the album? Addicted To Your Love? :wacko:

Exactly :lmao:

+ "Gangbang" instead of "Gang Bang"

+ "I Don't Give A Fuck" instead of "I Don't Give A"

He clearly hasn't heard it. FAIL.

What? Because he doesn't get the titles exactly right? Even Madonna says 'Get Into The Groove' when she talks about it sometimes.

It sounds like he clearly has heard it as he's written what he's heard as opposed to just copying what's on the back of the sleeve.

It's one bad review and that's only the second I've seen. It's probably by some 20something male journalist who doesn't want to like it. I would say that the majority of music journalist reviewers are mid 20s - mid 30s males who are the least likely to support Madonna.

Overall, the reviews have been excellent. And who reads Uncut magazine? I wouldn't be surprised if that one folds at some point.

I suspect it was more that he was taking notes while listening to the songs and not reading the actual liner notes on the CD.

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/2012/05/madonna-display-at-virgin-megastore-paris.html

Madonna display at Virgin Megastore Paris

The Champs-Elysees branch of Virgin Megastore in Paris features this huge display of her current and previous CDs, 12 inches, singles and picture discs, and another display of the re-issue vinyl albums.

virginmegastore_paris1news.jpg

virginmegastore_paris2news.jpg

OMG, this looks orgasmic.

"Love Spent", "Gang Bang" and "I'm a Dick, Ted" are clearly the 27th, 51st and 19th Best Madonna Songs of All Time, respectively, when even the unfairly negative reviews cite them as highlights.

I would like to see your entire list. ;)

Guest groovyguy

^

I was expecting "Turn Up The Radio" but "Love Spent" is even better. :bow:

Maybe Love Spent for Europe and TUTR for USA?

What? Because he doesn't get the titles exactly right? Even Madonna says 'Get Into The Groove' when she talks about it sometimes.

It sounds like he clearly has heard it as he's written what he's heard as opposed to just copying what's on the back of the sleeve.

It's one bad review and that's only the second I've seen. It's probably by some 20something male journalist who doesn't want to like it. I would say that the majority of music journalist reviewers are mid 20s - mid 30s males who are the least likely to support Madonna.

Overall, the reviews have been excellent. And who reads Uncut magazine? I wouldn't be surprised if that one folds at some point.

Exactly, I often think it's called "I Don't Give A Fuck". What is this? Anal OCD fans monthly? :blink:

Though I strongly disagree with your assessment of Uncut, loads of people read it and it's a great magazine. The real question is who reads that irrelevant joke rag Q anymore with their invisible floating demographic. Though I will concede the Q review was brilliant and perhaps the best, but that's mainly cause it's from a great writer who's done books on Morrissey, I was pleased he had such an opinion on Madonna.

The writer of that Uncut review is mostly good as well, though that was a little confused - if you're gonna trash it, stick to the point and don't highlight multiple good tracks or else up the score. They've recently changed format to give marks out of 10 rather than stars out of 5 a la NME so I was interested in what they would give this time, but they were a month behind everyone else and it didn't come out till this current month's issue.

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/2012/05/madonna-display-at-virgin-megastore-paris.html

Madonna display at Virgin Megastore Paris

The Champs-Elysees branch of Virgin Megastore in Paris features this huge display of her current and previous CDs, 12 inches, singles and picture discs, and another display of the re-issue vinyl albums.

virginmegastore_paris1news.jpg

virginmegastore_paris2news.jpg

Why con't we have this in the USA?