MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

LOL... I saw that post and knew it wouldn't air in the U.S., but just in case, I went to VH1.com TV schedule and saw the usual 'Mob Wives' and other crap shows they have on instead.

Hopefully somebody gets a rip of it. I'm sure we'll see it but I thought there was a shot in hell that it WOULD air in the USA as part of their "non-traditional promotion." it would've given people a look into why she IS indeed the Queen of Pop for those that are stupid enough not to know.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/248486/The-Voice-bosses-line-up-Madonna-performance/

29th April 2012

THE VOICE BOSSES LINE UP MADONNA PERFORMANCE

BOSSES at the Beeb are aiming for record ratings by lining up Madonna for a guest performance.

They believe the queen of pop will give the hit show its biggest audience to date.

And they want Madonna, 53, to perform during a Sunday night results show.

A source said: “Getting Madge on to sing is bound to pull in the viewers.

“You don’t get much bigger than her – she’s a living legend.

“The show has regularly been getting ratings of over ten million.

“Having Madonna, plus the all-important results, could push it past the 12million mark.”

Securing the pop icon for an appearance would be the biggest coup in TV talent show history, according to insiders.

One said last night: “X Factor’s finest hour was getting Britney Spears on – but there’s no doubt Madonna is a much bigger name.

“Simon Cowell will be furious if The Voice upstages him with a massive guest performer like Madonna in its first series.”

Video Games singer Lana Del Rey, 25, will perform on tonight’s results show and BRIT award winner Emeli Sandé, 24, is due to sing next weekend.

http://www.dailystar...na-performance/

29th April 2012

THE VOICE BOSSES LINE UP MADONNA PERFORMANCE

BOSSES at the Beeb are aiming for record ratings by lining up Madonna for a guest performance.

They believe the queen of pop will give the hit show its biggest audience to date.

And they want Madonna, 53, to perform during a Sunday night results show.

A source said: "Getting Madge on to sing is bound to pull in the viewers.

"You don't get much bigger than her she's a living legend.

"The show has regularly been getting ratings of over ten million.

"Having Madonna, plus the all-important results, could push it past the 12million mark."

Securing the pop icon for an appearance would be the biggest coup in TV talent show history, according to insiders.

One said last night: "X Factor's finest hour was getting Britney Spears on but there's no doubt Madonna is a much bigger name.

"Simon Cowell will be furious if The Voice upstages him with a massive guest performer like Madonna in its first series."

Video Games singer Lana Del Rey, 25, will perform on tonight's results show and BRIT award winner Emeli Sandé, 24, is due to sing next weekend.

Hmm? :think: Unless I'm missing something, the show airs Monday and Tuesday nights. There are NO Sunday shows. The last 4 shows are lined up to air this coming week and next week, airing both Monday and Tuesday nights. Next Tuesday... May 8th is the FINAL result show where the winner is announced.

That would be nice... What the hell would she sing there, though? The Brits seem to have a stick up their ass concerning this woman this time around :boxing:

The British media have a problem with her but the British public haven't had a chance to hear her singles! I've heard GMAYL once on radio and I've never heard GGW. Even if she sang one of these two songs, it would still help. The current situation is there's been virtually zero promotion in the UK for this project.

Getting on the Voice would be a fantastic opportunity but I would prefer she sang something to show off her voice rather than the awful GGW.

So that's the reason GGW is gonna be released in uk later than other countrys. Well maybe just maybe at the end this new kind of promo will make sense.

I wished she would do ONE date in Asia. It would be a instant Sell out !

I wished she would do ONE date in Asia. It would be a instant Sell out !

She totally should do an asian leg in 2013 with the australian leg. She's already on the road!

Australia, Japan and some other countries she never did before, the same way S&S 2009 was.

She totally should do an asian leg in 2013 with the australian leg. She's already on the road!

Australia, Japan and some other countries she never did before, the same way S&S 2009 was.

Your user picture! :thumbsup:

Today my aunty told me that she heard M's new single on the radio and she loves it, she asked me if i knew it? (ok stupid question) just to say that the single it is radio friendly but the radios are not playing it, i keep on thinking that whatever she releases is not gonna be played on radio, nowadays radio is quite limited to young artists, and oldies radios will most probably play Like a Prayer or Vogue than MDNA.

I still love MDNA, and think that singles choices are OK, and no other choice could make this a bigger hit, let's just asume that Madonna is not commercial anymore, but she sells fair enough, all those number 1 proves it, and even if it falls out of the lists it is not a question about long living in the charts, let's leave that for new artists, as Amy Winehouse was, Adele is ...

Fat bitch Friedman strikes again....

http://www.forbes.co...-after-5-weeks/

Madonna's "MDNA" Update: Drops Out of Top 40 After 5 Weeks

Madonna_Live_8_-_1.jpg

Time for an update on Madonna's "MDNA" album.

"Desperately Seeking Sales"

It's just about done on the charts. I'm told that hitsdailydouble.com counted about 9,100 copies last week. "MDNA" drops out of the top 40 after five weeks, and lands at number 44. Meanwhile, Lionel Richie's "Tuskegee," released the same day, will finish at number 3 with about 80,000 copies sold. Lionel's doing so well he's dropped out of new "Duets" show on ABC so he can tour and promote "Tuskegee." Madonna is embarking on her international tour, where she and Live Nation will make their real money. "MDNA" is cause for a graduate thesis about how not to release an album in 2012. The only person getting a good chuckle out of this must be Guy Richie, her ex husband, about whom Madonna warbles many f words on the album. Karma, baby.

Freidman is a disgusting piece of crap. He hounded MJ while he alive and now he's moved on to Madonna.

Is he seriously saying low album sales are karma for madonna after her pathetic ex-husband ripped her off for 80 million?

Get fucked.

The British media have a problem with her but the British public haven't had a chance to hear her singles! I've heard GMAYL once on radio and I've never heard GGW. Even if she sang one of these two songs, it would still help. The current situation is there's been virtually zero promotion in the UK for this project.

Getting on the Voice would be a fantastic opportunity but I would prefer she sang something to show off her voice rather than the awful GGW.

This is just terrible, but good to know. Who would've known??? I agree that GGW should not be left for dead - people have just NOT HEARD THE SONG. Sure, a fair amount won't like it as usual, but others would. And that would be success enough.

Of course, I change my mind daily on this subject and sometimes wish she'd just really turned up the promo (wink wink) for Turn Up the Radio.

Guest Pud Whacker

Fat bitch Friedman strikes again....

http://www.forbes.co...-after-5-weeks/

Madonna's "MDNA" Update: Drops Out of Top 40 After 5 Weeks

Madonna_Live_8_-_1.jpg

Time for an update on Madonna's "MDNA" album.

"Desperately Seeking Sales"

It's just about done on the charts. I'm told that hitsdailydouble.com counted about 9,100 copies last week. "MDNA" drops out of the top 40 after five weeks, and lands at number 44. Meanwhile, Lionel Richie's "Tuskegee," released the same day, will finish at number 3 with about 80,000 copies sold. Lionel's doing so well he's dropped out of new "Duets" show on ABC so he can tour and promote "Tuskegee." Madonna is embarking on her international tour, where she and Live Nation will make their real money. "MDNA" is cause for a graduate thesis about how not to release an album in 2012. The only person getting a good chuckle out of this must be Guy Richie, her ex husband, about whom Madonna warbles many f words on the album. Karma, baby.

and his karma is the face and body that reflects back at him every time he looks in the mirror.

Today my aunty told me that she heard M's new single on the radio and she loves it, she asked me if i knew it? (ok stupid question) just to say that the single it is radio friendly but the radios are not playing it, i keep on thinking that whatever she releases is not gonna be played on radio, nowadays radio is quite limited to young artists, and oldies radios will most probably play Like a Prayer or Vogue than MDNA.

I still love MDNA, and think that singles choices are OK, and no other choice could make this a bigger hit, let's just asume that Madonna is not commercial anymore, but she sells fair enough, all those number 1 proves it, and even if it falls out of the lists it is not a question about long living in the charts, let's leave that for new artists, as Amy Winehouse was, Adele is ...

Other than Adele, Madonna is pretty much selling like anyone else in this day and age. I mean; she currently has sold a little over a million copies of her record, making her the 4th biggest seller in the whole world. Granted, she isn't selling albums like she did even ten years ago, but for most artists who have been around as long as Madonna has, rarely do sell like they did when they were younger. Though, look at those who are getting all the radio airplay and attention in the media, and look at how they are struggling to sell even a million copies even in 10 weeks time. Madonna sold over a million in nearly 4 weeks.

So yeah, maybe her album plummeted fast after debuting as the the first biggest week seller of the year. And yes, she may not be selling millions of records like she did in the past, but other than ADELE who else really is? To add further insult, all these other entertainers who are younger and more popular on mainstream radio or media outlets, are doing tons of promotion, etc, yet they can't move their albums. Madonna has done little to none since her album has been released. Though look at someone like Katy Perry.... She's phenomenally huge on radio. Her singles do very well, and she's done a lot of promotional performances. In fact, I compare her exposure and single success to the likes of Madonna's True Blue album, where her TEENAGE DREAM album produced six top tens... (Five of them number ones), yet she has only been able to sell a little over two million copies in the U.S. in the two years it's been released. Madonna back in her day would have sold triple that amount... and has done so with far less successful singles from one album.

It's a matter of putting the current music business in perspective. No one is selling albums like they used to. Adele is the only one currently dominating and that obviously is just a rare fluke. It'll be a long while til we see someone overcome the same success Adele is having currently, and she has had fewer successful singles than Katy Perry.

I know some consider MDNA a flop, but I don't. Not when you consider the fact that no one else who is 20 or 30 years younger than her is selling much more than her these days.

^very true, so they could have thrown lots of money into promotion to move a few extra units for little return, because fact is album sales are not what they used to be.

Sounds pretty smart to me.