MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

I'm so sick of these negative articles! :thumbsdown: This is why I wish Madonna had made a real effort to promote the album aggressively.The album would be doing better and the 'haters' wouldn't have any ammunition.

I don't know, it's like eveybody (minus her fanbase) are sick of her even though she got out of the music scene for 4 years. Maybe doing lots of promo wouldn't really make a difference, 80% of the media publications are spinning negative articles about her non stop since W.E. Most of the positive reviews of the album were written by professionals of the music industry, but out of that every other article is written by gossip journalists that are in a world cruzade against Madonna. At this point that she is not selling much they believe they can finally break her and put the woman to rest. :(

I wonder if it would have been different if WE wasn't in the picture. If she had just come back with a brand new album and promoted it globally like she did with WE.

I mean they had the MDNA album launch here in Bangkok and that was tied in with the Gaga Born this way Ball!!!

I think in the end people just have problems with Madonna coming back with a Non-Middle-Age album ( Thank God ! ) and a sexualised image.

God this album just gets better and better. I never put my favourite music on my ipod that way I never get tired of it, pretty smart huh :)

You're lucky, I wish I was like you regarding mdna... The truth is I don't play it often... Except the begining of I'm addicted sometimes. I'm a bit sad because it should have been a big madonna return, and we only have a good electro album, good, but not enough for the general audience who just ignore it.

People usually buy the general impression that the media has of the artist (the person). If the media is all against her, the public will most likely follow that. MDNA doesn't have obvious hits, but it's a solid album with very good songs to play that sets a very nice mood. It deserves better! An album shouldn't be all about scoring big hits! MDNA has a goob vibe in it and should be embraced for that.

I feel sorry for the woman in that aspect. She works so hard and all she gets is trash from everybody! People can't stand that the woman has a career at age 53! She definitely gonna be very missed when she is gone, you can just tell.

People usually buy the general impression that the media has of the artist (the person). If the media is all against her, the public will most likely follow that. MDNA doesn't have obvious hits, but it's a solid album with very good songs to play that sets a very nice mood. It deserves better! An album shouldn't be all about scoring big hits! MDNA has a goob vibe in it and should be embraced for that.

I feel sorry for the woman in that aspect. She works so hard and all she gets is trash from everybody! People can't stand that the woman has a career at age 53! She definitely gonna be very missed when she is gone, you can just tell.

I completely agree. I mean when GGW vdo came out young people on twitter were going " Oh Madonna is old and she still wears tight clothes !" I mean really ? What do you supposed to wear in your 50s ? A tent with a hole in the middle.

I know she will be laughing all the way to the bank with the tour but it would have been nice for her to have a hit album as well.

Guest Not4Pussies

"Sure, although my point of view and philosophy continues to change and grow. As the years go by you go through this evolution. You think, “Oh my God, having a song on the radio and being number one is the most important thing in the world”, and then that happens for a while and then you get the shit kicked out of you and you think, “I can’t deal with this”, and you go into introspection mode and then you come through the other side. You realise that having a number one record and being loved and adored isn”t the most important thing in the world. But at the same time, I don’t have a problem with it. What I’m trying to say is, I’m not a reluctant pop star. I’m very grateful and happy for everything that I have and for things when they go well. On the other hand, I’ve had enough of the other side to know that if it doesn”t, I will survive that and life goes on.

At the end of the day when I’m standing at the golden gates, I’m sure God doesn”t give a shit how many records I’ve sold or how many number one hits I’ve had. All he gives a shit about is how I behaved, how I treated people. So understanding that, and still doing my best making records, is the conclusion I’ve come to. I think about that more now than I used to."

-Madonna, The Observer, 2005

"Sure, although my point of view and philosophy continues to change and grow. As the years go by you go through this evolution. You think, “Oh my God, having a song on the radio and being number one is the most important thing in the world”, and then that happens for a while and then you get the shit kicked out of you and you think, “I can’t deal with this”, and you go into introspection mode and then you come through the other side. You realise that having a number one record and being loved and adored isn”t the most important thing in the world. But at the same time, I don’t have a problem with it. What I’m trying to say is, I’m not a reluctant pop star. I’m very grateful and happy for everything that I have and for things when they go well. On the other hand, I’ve had enough of the other side to know that if it doesn”t, I will survive that and life goes on.

At the end of the day when I’m standing at the golden gates, I’m sure God doesn”t give a shit how many records I’ve sold or how many number one hits I’ve had. All he gives a shit about is how I behaved, how I treated people. So understanding that, and still doing my best making records, is the conclusion I’ve come to. I think about that more now than I used to."

-Madonna, The Observer, 2005

She'll be in trouble if he joined her fan club. That Hard Candy ring alone is enough to banish her 'down there'.

i think it's far too soon to say this record is over and done. saying that, i love MDNA and it's one of my favorite albums by her and no amount of negativity is gonna change that. my flag is up and it is waving! that is all.

Yeah, just because radio isn't playing the singles and the album didn't stay in the top 10 doesn't change the fact it's going to be the soundtrack to the tour, and an album that I'm going to enjoy for many more months to come non-stop. Some fans needs mainstream acceptance of this album to validate it's a great album. :wacko:

It's not a case of people needing validation to listen to the album. It's the fact that a lot of people are disappointed that Madonna's turned out a great record and some basic promotion has not been done to make it a bigger hit.

I'm hoping it will be a slow burner... It IS a great album and it's superior to the dross Rihanna has turned out recently.

They need to license the tracks for advertising etc. That turned Moby's 'Play' into a monster hit.

It's not a case of people needing validation to listen to the album. It's the fact that a lot of people are disappointed that Madonna's turned out a great record and some basic promotion has not been done to make it a bigger hit.

I'm hoping it will be a slow burner... It IS a great album and it's superior to the dross Rihanna has turned out recently.

They need to license the tracks for advertising etc. That turned Moby's 'Play' into a monster hit.

:clap:

She is on the cover of Thai OK magazine.

ok20120417000001.jpg

We are also hosting Madonna Gone Wild Party tonight in Bangkok.cos someone needs to promote it !

madonnagonewildparty154.jpg

Now that's a nice idea. Movies too, like when Jump opened The Devil Wears Prada.

Turn Up the Radio, Superstar could def be music for women products :)

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7012

On the Russian ''Rolling Stone'' and ''Interview''

Live From Russia - The Russian editions of "Rolling Stone" and "Interview" magazine both feature Madonna in their April 2012 issue. Click the images below to check out the scans brought to you by MadonnaTribe longtime contributor from Russia Rinat.

rus_rs_500.jpg

rus_interview_500.jpg

rus_rs_001.jpg

rus_rs_002.jpg

rus_interview_001.jpg

The U.S. FUCKING SUCKS yet AGAIN! Lol

Sorry I just had to scream! :americanlife:

LOL... I saw that post and knew it wouldn't air in the U.S., but just in case, I went to VH1.com TV schedule and saw the usual 'Mob Wives' and other crap shows they have on instead.