MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

This album is stunning. So impressed by Madonna and all those involved in the project, I expected it to be great but WOW this is beyond my expectations which were high in the first place. I love every single song on the album. All those sounds, all the way she uses her vocals.... and it is eclectic but also cohesive, I can hear all her albums in it but at the same time it's like nothing I've heard before. So pround of M, can't get over this woman she is a force of nature. 10 OUT OF 10! :dramatic:

:bow::wow::sassy::queenbitch:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Wrong!! I couldnt give a shit about Madonna's age

Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it?

1494-kd58.jpg

I like the album and it's nothing I expected but then again Madonna is always like that: giving us something new and different each album. I agree with a lot members that her choices of singles for MDNA were disappointing and odd. I do fear that the songs aren't "commercial enough" for U.S. radio though. Like for GGW it is a bit too rave-y for top 40 radio.

I know I'm dating myself but do you guys remember the 7" mix or the radio remix? I totally think that GGW would benefit from a 7" or radio remix and it could fly up the charts.

I really like the Justin Cognito remix and I wonder when we'll get more mixes for GGW. I so didn't like the GMAYL mixes but I'm looking for GGW mixes.

I know I'm dating myself but do you guys remember the 7" mix or the radio remix? I totally think that GGW would benefit from a 7" or radio remix and it could fly up the charts.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I meant to ask - IS there an edit sans the (admittedly amusing) intro? I know there was on that Vevo thing.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

I like the album and it's nothing I expected but then again Madonna is always like that: giving us something new and different each album. I agree with a lot members that her choices of singles for MDNA were disappointing and odd. I do fear that the songs aren't "commercial enough" for U.S. radio though. Like for GGW it is a bit too rave-y for top 40 radio.

I really like the Justin Cognito remix and I wonder when we'll get more mixes for GGW. I so didn't like the GMAYL mixes but I'm looking for GGW mixes.

i can understand the reasoning behind the singles released so far. one of the things that surprised me the most about the album is that, aside from the aforementioned singles and a few others like 'turn up the radio', it's not very commercial, is it? i mean, yes, there is definitely a very glossy sheen to the album, but as amazing as the songs are, not many of them sound like they would fit in on radio. anywhere. maybe i'm alone in thinking this but either way, it's one of my favorite things about the album as a whole.

and they need to get the GGW remixes on itunes NOW. none of that eons later shit like they did with GMAYL.

The Justin Cognito mix is definitely an improvement over the original. And yeah, the album isn't very radio-friendly - at least not for an artist who isn't at her commercial peak and can set trends rather than needing to follow them. I still think "Superstar" and TUTR are the most commercial, but a case can be made for GGW and even GMAYL (quality aside).

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6845

A MDNA Shrine in Milan

Have a look at the incredible standee that Universal Music Italia has created to promote the release of the new Madonna album in the Italian music stores.

The giant tryptic features three Madonna images from the album and singles artworks surrounded by the most tongue-in-cheek, ancient looking, gold painted, arc-shaped wooden frame.

And what best place to spot it than the historic Ricordi MediaStore in the world famous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II arcade in the heart of Milan - a place which is the closest you can get to a sacred place, in the world's Capital of fashion.

mymdna_italy_003.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=how-madonna-got-badass-nicki-minaj-mia-on-mdna&t=fb

How Madonna Got 'Badass' Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. On MDNA

Producer Martin Solveig tells MTV News about recording 'Give Me All Your Luvin,' 'I Don't Give A' and 'B-Day Song' with three fierce ladies.

As if just having Madonna on her own album wasn't enough, the Queen of Pop enlisted the help of two hip-hop princesses to up the girl-power quotient on MDNA.

As she sat down with producer Martin Solveig to whip up tunes for her latest studio album, when it came time to bring more feistiness to the already-sassy album, she knew the only two artists who could perfectly compliment her were Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. (Maya Arulpragasam). Solveig explained to MTV News how the twosome came to appear alongside Madge on the album's lead single, "Give Me All Your Luvin."

Watch video HERE

"I had this idea of just creating this sort of mini-gimmick that you could very easily use in the stadium or arena," he said of the cheerleader-inspired chant in the song. "And so I thought of that, which was very basic. ... That was the start.

"In the first place, it was just the intro, and then it became a bit more of a gimmick, and she liked it, and so she thought, 'We should have sidekicks to perform with me on the this.' ... She thought of very naturally Nicki and Maya to perform this because they are badass girls.

"I was very surprised [it was the first single], and then it made it totally sense with her Super Bowl [performance] because, yes, it was definitely the Super Bowl song. And when we started, it was definitely not the case," he explained. "We wanted to do something like this. It was a little surf-y. Then I guess when the Super Bowl was confirmed, they thought it would work for that, and I think it did."

Solveig broke down the recording sessions he and the ladies had for not only "Give Me," but also the scathing "I Don't Give A," which features Nicki, and the funky "B-Day Song," which has M.I.A.

"We were the studio both one day with Nicki and two days with Maya," he said. "They have both very strong personalities and very different. Nicki's very pro. She's like, once she arrives and she spends some time, she writes, seriously, her stuff and then she records very quickly, and she's like bang.

"And with Maya, she's a bit more arty," he said. "I didn't see them together. I would have loved to witness this. Definitely, [Madonna] was definitely the perfect [middle]."

The "I Don't Give A" collaboration got a lot of press, thanks to its seemingly overt reference to Madonna's life and her split from director Guy Ritchie.

"A few days after I finalized the song, she finished the lyrics of 'I Don't Give A,' and I could feel there was a lot of references to her life," he said. "Nothing that I really know of, because you don't know that kind of stuff, but then I saw it was very commented everywhere."

In the end, when it's all said and done, Solveig noted that working with Madge was pretty awesome. "I got a call last year from [her manager] Guy Oseary, and he wanted to know if I was in town working, and that was the phone call of a lifetime when you're a producer, when you heard all the legend and all the story. So I took the next plane and went to meet with Madonna, and I quickly got to work.

"In the first place, it's very confus[ing] because everything that's all together, you have a very kind person in front of you, [and] you're like, 'Can you imagine who you're talking to?' and she's very natural," he continued. "She's very easy-going, so you tend to forget it. But, of course, the first time, it's crazy."

The Justin Cognito mix is definitely an improvement over the original. And yeah, the album isn't very radio-friendly - at least not for an artist who isn't at her commercial peak and can set trends rather than needing to follow them. I still think "Superstar" and TUTR are the most commercial, but a case can be made for GGW and even GMAYL (quality aside).

I disagree. Nothing will beat the album version. :wow:

Some are too stuck in her past catalogue. Some are too ageist. Some are so jaded they seem to pre-reject anything she comes up with. But why bother with them? What matters is we know MDNA is an excellent album and we love it! No MDNA hater can take away the pleasure and joy I have in listening to MDNA. To me, MDNA is like the collection of the best music/sounds of her career. What matters is I love MDNA and I don't give a * to what any MDNA hater says.

I agree. This album brought me back to Madonna. It feels new but harkens back to what I loved about her and have been missing. Why I became a fan in the first place. I really don't understand how any Madonna fan (especially a longtime fan of her early days) could hate this album. MDNA has me jumping for joy. My family is like, "oh God, she's back on Madonna!"

There are some people on here that I already know to just ignore. I see their names and skip over their posts. Just a bunch of ridiculous nonsense, IMO. I'm surprised at some who seem to have nothing good to say about Madonna. Yet ... are posting ... on a Madonna ... fan forum. I don't get it. If she's such a disappointment, then go somewhere else.

me too! it's cute. :inlove:

not sure how anyone could be disappointed in this album...it's pretty much the essence of everything that makes madonna MADONNA condensed into one big, amazing album. it's perfect. :dramatic:

THIS. :inlove:

I'm already tired of some songs on the album. I think that for me this album is already over it's not something memorable. Even Masterpiece has become boring to my ears. I try to be excited and listen to her music but it's just so crappy at some point in the album. I'm sure many people feel as I do right now. Honestly M did it right. Made a worse album than HC.

PLUS I'm disappointed by the fact that M lost her originality in that hideous video for GGW. I know she was the first to do provocative things on her videos BUT you know it's 2012 and we've seen this sex stuff with religious messages, already and before. It has become boring and cliche. She seems to be craving so much for returning back to her throne that she does the wrong thing and loses the meaning. meh sorry about that post but that's how I feel.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I bought the physical album yesterday, when i put it in my iTunes, Give Me A Bucket ONLY had "Feat MIA" on it, I HAD TO ADD NICKI MYSELF! :americanlife: WHO FORGOT TO ADD HER? disgusting!!!!

x.

It MNDA really #4 on iTunes after four days? That's pretty bad.

It's set to sell 300k minimum this week. Can't be that bad :manson:

It's low because of the mammoth amount of pre orders she received that are not counted toward the iTunes ranking at this moment.

I've played it so much, several times each day, that I'm trying to ration it a bit now - don't want these burnt out so I can use them on cardio (which WILL burn them out! :lol: ).

The amazing unseasonal summery spring weather further burns it into your consciousness and I have all these songs buzzing around my head. Really her best album for well over a decade. :dramatic::confessions:

Guest Not4Pussies

through out the day i always have certain songs stuck in my head. right now as i type i have Love Spent in my head

It's so hard to take a break from this record! Ahhh, 4 years since the last album, it feels so fucking great to finally hear NEW Madonna again.

DAMN, I really need the weather to improve so I can put my top down to this! (who am I kidding -- so I can take the metro :rotfl:)

It's set to sell 300k minimum this week. Can't be that bad :manson:

It's low because of the mammoth amount of pre orders she received that are not counted toward the iTunes ranking at this moment.

Exactly, the album is doing great!! Thank God for you, always the voice of reason! Not to mention you are hot as hell!