MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

So a 55 year old has to sing choral music. Got it.

If you don't like it that's fine but to say Madonna at 53 needs to make *a* type of music is nonsense & ridiculous. I respect her more for pushing it at 53 than her making Something To Remember part Deux and if you have a problem I D'ONT GIVE A.

The album is pretty fantastic. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Where it ranks to early and i don't like polls/poles ;)

How can you not *LOVE* Love Spent is beyond me. This album has everything for a Madonna fan.

:thumbsup:

Guest ditaluver

a friend of mine the other night was telling me she should give up on ballads. she hasnt had a good ballad since "amazing".

i didnt say anything. i just sat there....

then he claimed masterpiece was the worst thing ever, yet he never heard the full version, he couldnt be bothered.

a friend of mine the other night was telling me she should give up on ballads. she hasnt had a good ballad since "amazing".

i didnt say anything. i just sat there....

then he claimed masterpiece was the worst thing ever, yet he never heard the full version, he couldnt be bothered.

would love to hear the acoustic version...

MDNA is made to be the best selling album ever.

any argue about parts of it is irrelevant. if you have heard it you must agree that the hooks are everywhere. each song has at least 3 great pop hooks in it. you don t need to like first part of some song and there is second part that puts you in a trance. and album have 16 songs..hello? something for everybody.

each song on MDNA could be madonna single. example for that is Give me all your love.

"Falling Free" is one of the most amazing songs Madonna has ever done! Her vocals are flawless on this song.When people say that Madonna can't sing,THIS is the song that you should play for them.In addition to the awesome vocals,the song has a gorgeous melody and incredible lyrics!!

"Falling Free" is one of the most amazing songs Madonna has ever done! Her vocals are flawless on this song.When people say that Madonna can't sing,THIS is the song that you should play for them.In addition to the awesome vocals,the song has a gorgeous melody and incredible lyrics!!

I've always been at a loss for words when people say she can't sing.

"Evita" and Ray Of Light" should have told them everything they needed to know but "FF" is something else....it's exquisite.

Guest Xanthium

Wrong!! I couldnt give a shit about Madonna's age, and I agree that confessions wasn't something that a singer in her 40's would be suited for but Confessions was catchy and those were good pop songs regardless of Madonna's age.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and if you don't like MDNA more power to you but you seem to be making some contradictory statements. You say age isn't a factor but in an earlier post you wrote "Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it?" and then just now you write "I agree that confessions wasn't something that a singer in her 40's would be suited for". I will admit that when I first heard the lyrics to GGW and saw the single cover I was like "Oh hell no Madonna, act your age!" but then I realized after awhile that even though I think the GGW lyrics are just shit in general it had nothing to do with her age. And my outrage had nothing to do with me being personally offended by Madonna 'not acting her age'. I realized I was worried about how others would perceive Madonna and that they would laugh at her or make fun of her. I decided to say fuck it and not worry about what others think.

Guest Xanthium

The only songs madonna didnt write on MDNA are falling free, girl gone wild and love spent right?

Oh she didn't write that? Well THANK GOD. She shouldn't have picked it but at least she didn't write it.

Guest Sinisin

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and if you don't like MDNA more power to you but you seem to be making some contradictory statements. You say age isn't a factor but in an earlier post you wrote "Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it?" and then just now you write "I agree that confessions wasn't something that a singer in her 40's would be suited for". I will admit that when I first heard the lyrics to GGW and saw the single cover I was like "Oh hell no Madonna, act your age!" but then I realized after awhile that even though I think the GGW lyrics are just shit in general it had nothing to do with her age. And my outrage had nothing to do with me being personally offended by Madonna 'not acting her age'. I realized I was worried about how others would perceive Madonna and that they would laugh at her or make fun of her. I decided to say fuck it and not worry about what others think.

Love this. Good for you! :clap: Its freeing isnt it? :vogue:

Confessions sounds perfectly right for her age. I don't see whats wrong with her being in her 40's and making dance music?

Ok, let me backtrack...what's an artist in their 40's and 50's supposed to sound like? Please enlighten me cause these barriers are the very reason our world will continue to stall in making positive change. This is the reason Madonna stopped paying attention to the press/media and I completely understand. She is way above it all and listening to this type of "this doesn't sound like this and this should sound like that" will only hurt her.

I don't know. I just think these are perfect examples of ideas and opinions that need to be shifted into a more open mind so that we could all stop judging each other for our age, race, sexuality etc...and to hear this on a Madonna forum is just... wow.

Wait, after reading Xanthie post I have to add that I guess it all has to do with that age-old problem of what other people think. It always creeps up and calls us for attention though I must say the second I heard GGW, I felt amazing and danced and not for one second thought the lyrics were shit or anything. I just enjoyed singing along and dancing.

Oh she didn't write that? Well THANK GOD. She shouldn't have picked it but at least she didn't write it.

Yeah, theres supposedly a demo out there. she only changed one line.

Now I need to know if she didnt write love spent and falling free or not? im so curious

Guest Xanthium

Love this. Good for you! :clap: Its freeing isnt it? :vogue:

It is freeing because I can just sit back and enjoy my Madonna again, ya know? To the people who say Madonna is courting a younger audience and acting like a hoe in her 50's you have to remember she has ALWAYS courted a younger audience and has ALWAYS been a hoe. This is nothing new or out of the ordinary. I respect her for being true to herself and sticking by her guns. Plus she's being rebellious which I love. And do we really want her to be a goodie two-shoes? I'm not saying I don't want artistry or for her to just be all about 'dancing and fun' but I sure as fuck don't want to hear her constantly rambling about the principles of Kablahblahblah or children's books. That was the worst.

The only songs madonna didnt write on MDNA are falling free, girl gone wild and love spent right?

Love Spent has a lot of writers- I wonder if it's two songs stitched together... the first half sounds very Madonna to me.

Now that I'm shocked about. :shock: I can sorta see GGW which is standard stuff though the somewhat banal lyrics could easily be her, but FF is so personal and so in the tradition of her recent album closers and Love Spent is way too specific about her. I didn't consider that any weren't written by her, though I wasn't sure who the producers were apart from Orbit who still sadly has that signature Beautiful Stranger sound.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6838&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MDNA Special on Rai 2 this Saturday

Madonna's new album MDNA will be part of Italian music show London Live 2.0 broadcasting on Rai 2 this Saturday, March 31 at 2 PM.

The show will feature a special about MDNA which includes footage from the Electronic Press Kit that has been produced for the promotion of the new album and images from the "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Girl Gone Wild" videoclip.

If you're not able to see the show on live tv, tune in to www.rai.tv for the internet broadcast.

news_raidue.jpg

Guest Xanthium

i think it's more "i'm too old for this" but people say she's too old for it- clearly she isn't, with some of the best reviews of her career and what will soon be a worldwide #1 album.

Which is kinda depressing. All I know is that I will still be shakin' my ass when I'm at Shady Pines!

i think it's more "i'm too old for this" but people say she's too old for it- clearly she isn't, with some of the best reviews of her career and what will soon be a worldwide #1 album.

I love the allmusic.com review of it, that sums up the she's old as fuck ethos very well. But I don't give a shyt about it at all this time cause we're not barraged any more by "tick tock time is running out" and "no one's gonna stop me evah" type songs, the only reference to time like that crops up in GMAYL which I hate - and iTunes helped me out by putting it in a separate folder on my iPod since it was a song with features. Otherwise my skip button would never get so much work. :lmao:

Even "Birthday Song" is fabulous and uplifting and nicely kind of addresses the issue in a non-bitter way. The music is so good that if she's too old for it is a moot point. I do think this is probably the last time she could credibly get away with doing such a heavy dance party album though. But then we always thought that with each album didn't we, so you never know.

I think Madonna is credited on every song but there are more writers than usual on tracks so it's difficult to say.

Yeah it certainly sounds very Madonna as you say. :confused: And she always gets in on the credits by hook or crook. I need to check Wikipedia thoroughly as that album booklet is a bombsite with the credits all stuck together in small print.

I do think this is probably the last time she could credibly get away with doing such a heavy dance party album though. But then we always thought that with each album didn't we, so you never know.

Seems to me like she mainly does this music because she wants the tour to be non-stop dancing and movement, another way to challenge herself.

Yeah it certainly sounds very Madonna as you say. :confused: And she always gets in on the credits by hook or crook. I need to check Wikipedia thoroughly as that album booklet is a bombsite with the credits all stuck together in small print.

I think 2 of the writers said Madonna completly changed the song they wrote for- one was Gang Bang, I forget the other, maybe Love Spent.

Good god, not only are there a cast of thousands on the writers, but the producers as well - looks like creaky Orbit needed some help. And OMG Alain Whyte, Morrissey's best collaborator even gets a writer credit on "Love Spent", I knew he was going to be on the album but didn't expect that, how cool. And yay, the return of Joe Henry.

She cowrote everything on the album. To minimize her input because of the number of cowriters is silly. We should all have learned by now that she is involved in everything when it comes to songwriting. Falling Free seems like a definite Madonna-Joe Henry vibe, as their songs are always just a little off the beaten path :)

This album is stunning. So impressed by Madonna and all those involved in the project, I expected it to be great but WOW this is beyond my expectations which were high in the first place. I love every single song on the album. All those sounds, all the way she uses her vocals.... and it is eclectic but also cohesive, I can hear all her albums in it but at the same time it's like nothing I've heard before. So pround of M, can't get over this woman she is a force of nature. 10 OUT OF 10! :dramatic: