MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

It's amazing how different everyone's tastes are. Those are 3 of my 5 absolute favorites.

mine too! I absolutely adore i fucked up...i have played it a million times or more...can not get enough of that song. in fact, i listen to the bonus disc more than the other disc. i love beautiful killer, and i fucked up...

i also love superstar (which i am sure everyone else hates but i dont want to go back and read everyones comments but i never like the tunes everyone else likes) i just found it funny cause the washington post (and i'm in washington) HATED that song and tore it up in their review and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it...simply LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED that song.

Guest sasca1971

I Fucked Up is my top 3 too

mine too! I absolutely adore i fucked up...i have played it a million times or more...can not get enough of that song. in fact, i listen to the bonus disc more than the other disc. i love beautiful killer, and i fucked up...

i also love superstar (which i am sure everyone else hates but i dont want to go back and read everyones comments but i never like the tunes everyone else likes) i just found it funny cause the washington post (and i'm in washington) HATED that song and tore it up in their review and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED it...simply LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED that song.

I have to say this album stands with her classics...its probably her most complete since "Music"

I agree, this album feels like a future M classic. Its M at her best.

I agree, this album feels like a future M classic. Its M at her best.

Are you kidding me?? The album is a let down, Im sorry it's disappointing it just sounds like noise. Give me Music anyday and Music isn't one of my favourite Madonna albums. But putting MDNA in the same league as Confessions On A Dancefloor is ridiculous. Confessions is Madonna's best album of the decade this one is down the bottom. I think I prefer Hand Candy and thats saying something.

Are you kidding me?? The album is a let down, Im sorry it's disappointing it just sounds like noise. Give me Music anyday and Music isn't one of my favourite Madonna albums. But putting MDNA in the same league as Confessions On A Dancefloor is ridiculous. Confessions is Madonna's best album of the decade this one is down the bottom. I think I prefer Hand Candy and thats saying something.

It's not really rediculous, since most fans and critics think mdna is one of her best albums.

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/03/critical-mass.html#more

Critical Mass

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0167644a43de970b-400wi

If you hate "Love Spent" and hate "Gang Bang" and hate "Masterpiece" and hate "Love Spent"...what did you ever find appealing about Madonna in the first place?

Read More

Um, quite a lot. Look at Madonna's back catalogue, such as Like A Prayer, Erotica and Ray Of Light and then listen to MDMA. Theres an ocean of difference and it has nothing to do with the times it has to do with the quality. Madonna does her best when she isn't trying to be anything and her best albums are when she really goes off the beaten path and tries something completely different. MDMA = trying to young and popular which = fail

:confused:

I'm really shocked at this. I love the album. I think it's great. I find I'm just constantly singing different bits of songs throughout the day. Obviously, not everyone can like it but I am surprised. I must admit, I think COADF is overrated. I think this has far more variety and stronger songs. I do think it lacks strong singles material but to say it just sounds like noise where there is such a variety from ballads to mid-tempo sixties to dubstep elements and club material sounds bizarre. There seems more diversity on this album than many from the past ten years.

Oh well. Each to their own. I'm just glad I love it so much!

Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it? Thats why I can't get into it, its monotonous and sounds cheap to me. Theres hardly anything catchy, hardly any real instruments. I really thought that after Hard Candy and the divorce to Guy that we would see a shift in direction but this is piss poor for Madonna I think the album is just an excuse to tour in a nutshell. I'll keep reliving old fine memories with Madonna's old albums lol

Guest groovyguy

it's a really great album, sad to think of it as a let down to some fans. how come?

Some are too stuck in her past catalogue. Some are too ageist. Some are so jaded they seem to pre-reject anything she comes up with. But why bother with them? What matters is we know MDNA is an excellent album and we love it! No MDNA hater can take away the pleasure and joy I have in listening to MDNA. To me, MDNA is like the collection of the best music/sounds of her career. What matters is I love MDNA and I don't give a * to what any MDNA hater says.

I am thoroughly impressed by this album. I must admit, the first few listens I was kinda like "meh", but then all of a sudden, it hit me. I love almost every song. The only ones I see myself skipping in the future are "I'm Addicted", "Some Girls", and "Falling Free"(YUCK! Did she have a cold when she sang this? And what's with that last, slow verse - sounds like they just slowed down her vocals or something - totally unnatural). There is no Madonna album that I listen to all the way through without skipping something, so I can easily put this album on par with the best of the bunch.

I think she actually put a great deal of effort into writing the lyrics for most of the songs. They're very personal. Obviously, Give Me All Your Luvin' isn't a great example of this, but there's always a little fluff, isn't there?

Love Spent is perfection! Absolute perfection.

How can you NOT love "I'm A Sinner" and "Beautiful Killer"?? Amazing tracks.

I've been waiting for melodies like these from Madonna for a long, long time. Way to go, girl! This album is a keeper and will be on heavy rotation for me for many years to come.

Either they are too stuck in her past catalogue or they are too ageist or they are so jaded they seem to pre-reject anything she comes up with.

Wrong!! I couldnt give a shit about Madonna's age, and I agree that confessions wasn't something that a singer in her 40's would be suited for but Confessions was catchy and those were good pop songs regardless of Madonna's age. How could I be stuck in Madonna's back catalogue Ive been a mega fan since 1992 I love most of her albums and probably know more about her career than most of you put together. Some of you cannot bear to hear a fan voice disappointment, as soon as I heard the first single from MDMA the writing was on the wall for me I really wanted something else

Guest groovyguy

I am thoroughly impressed by this album. I must admit, the first few listens I was kinda like "meh", but then all of a sudden, it hit me. I love almost every song. The only ones I see myself skipping in the future are "I'm Addicted", "Some Girls", and "Falling Free"(YUCK! Did she have a cold when she sang this? And what's with that last, slow verse - sounds like they just slowed down her vocals or something - totally unnatural). There is no Madonna album that I listen to all the way through without skipping something, so I can easily put this album on par with the best of the bunch.

I think she actually put a great deal of effort into writing the lyrics for most of the songs. They're very personal. Obviously, Give Me All Your Luvin' isn't a great example of this, but there's always a little fluff, isn't there?

Love Spent is perfection! Absolute perfection.

How can you NOT love "I'm A Sinner" and "Beautiful Killer"?? Amazing tracks.

I've been waiting for melodies like these from Madonna for a long, long time. Way to go, girl! This album is a keeper and will be on heavy rotation for me for many years to come.

:thumbsup: It's like MDMA! You get the sudden hit and you can't help but luv it.

What matters is I love MDNA and I don't give a * to what any MDNA hater says.

If you don't give a shit then why bother making a big deal about it? Im a Madonna fan I wouldnt be here otherwise I mean it isn't a Madonna-hater forum is it? Im just not keen on the album..boo hoo for you lol

Hardly any real instruments? Did you read the credits, Mad? More real instruments than what was on Erotica and Hard Candy.

For me, it's a solid album- and I enjoy it a heckuva lot more than HC.

Don't worry- when M visits Australia and plays the songs, you'll end up enjoying the songs more. :gent:

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

I actually love Superstar :lol: it feels like an updated Cherish/True Blue.

me too! it's cute. :inlove:

not sure how anyone could be disappointed in this album...it's pretty much the essence of everything that makes madonna MADONNA condensed into one big, amazing album. it's perfect. :dramatic:

Guest groovyguy

me too! it's cute. :inlove:

not sure how anyone could be disappointed in this album...it's pretty much the essence of everything that makes madonna MADONNA condensed into one big, amazing album. it's perfect. :dramatic:

:inlove:

The only ones I see myself skipping in the future are "I'm Addicted", "Some Girls", and "Falling Free"(YUCK! Did she have a cold when she sang this? And what's with that last, slow verse - sounds like they just slowed down her vocals or something - totally unnatural).

"Falling Free" is glorious. It's actually surpassed "Some Girls" are my favorite MDNA track.

HOW COULD YOU? :(

"Falling Free" is glorious and her vocals are outstanding. It's actually surpassed "Some Girls" are my favorite MDNA track.

HOW COULD YOU? :(

How can I make this up to you? :horn:

Its hardly an album for someone who is almost 55 is it? Thats why I can't get into it, its monotonous and sounds cheap to me. Theres hardly anything catchy, hardly any real instruments. I really thought that after Hard Candy and the divorce to Guy that we would see a shift in direction but this is piss poor for Madonna I think the album is just an excuse to tour in a nutshell. I'll keep reliving old fine memories with Madonna's old albums lol

i can really listen to different tastes if they're argumented. but as someone other said, MDNA is probably the most varied album since music (lyrically and musically) and for real instruments, look at the credits. maybe you've been disapointed from the singles, maybe you need more listens to the album, don't know. and someone who's at her 55 what has to sing? streisandesques songs? and M has having all the possible emotions here. and that's from one who had doubts and desired a departure from both COADF and Boring Candy.

hope you'll enjoy it

I'm also not the biggest fan of FF. It's pretty, but it's obvious she had little to do with the lyrics and melody. It's just not a Madonna song at all to me. I don't mind it at all. There's nothing "bad" about it, but it's not one of my favorites on the album.

So a 55 year old has to sing choral music. Got it.

If you don't like it that's fine but to say Madonna at 53 needs to make *a* type of music is nonsense & ridiculous. I respect her more for pushing it at 53 than her making Something To Remember part Deux and if you have a problem I D'ONT GIVE A.

The album is pretty fantastic. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Where it ranks too early and i don't like polls/poles ;)

How can you not *LOVE* Love Spent is beyond me. This album has everything for a Madonna fan.