MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

UK 1day of sales

1. (-) MADONNA "MDNA" (32,845) 12th album #1

2. (2) DAVID GUETTA "NOTHING BUT THE BEAT" (6,810)

3. (5) ADELE "21" (5,228)

4. (4) EMELI SANDE "OUR VERSION OF EVENTS" (5,098)

5. (34) KATY PERRY "TEENAGE DREAMS" (4,213)

Buy it on Amazon UK for £4.99 who hasn't bought it there yet

and write your review. It's 4.5/5.0 album there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mdna-Explicit/dp/B007ML05FU/ref=zg_bs_digital-music-album_1

61Sk6YTdBbL._SL160_.jpg

Guest groovyguy

Madonna Launches Her First iPad App

To celebrate the release of her new album MDNA, Madonna has decided to take her fans’ mobile experience to a brand new level.

Interacting, sharing, shopping, watching and listening was the goal when the superstar launched her first smartphone app, powered by the leading self-service mobile app platform Mobile Roadie.

Today, Madonna announced the release of her revamped iPhone app, but also the launch of her first iPad app. No matter where they are, fans can now stream Madonna’s music, photos, videos and share their thoughts, images and news with other fellow fan friends from around the world using their favorite mobile device.

The free app is available for iPad along with iPhone and Android. Go ahead and download your copy of it from the iTunes App Store, Google Play or Download the Madonna App Here

UK 1day of sales

1. (-) MADONNA "MDNA" (32,845) 12th album #1

2. (2) DAVID GUETTA "NOTHING BUT THE BEAT" (6,810)

3. (5) ADELE "21" (5,228)

4. (4) EMELI SANDE "OUR VERSION OF EVENTS" (5,098)

5. (34) KATY PERRY "TEENAGE DREAMS" (4,213)

Buy it on Amazon UK for £4.99 who hasn't bought it there yet

and write your review. It's 4.5/5.0 album there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mdna-Explicit/dp/B007ML05FU/ref=zg_bs_digital-music-album_1

61Sk6YTdBbL._SL160_.jpg

How does that compare with COADF and Hard Candy?

Guest groovyguy

William Orbit:

Salut @msolveig! Ma copie de MDNA est arrivée et j’apprécie vraiment vos chansons! Je suis Addicted !

Martin Solveig:

@WilliamOrbit ahah merci bcp sir William u BANG it hard too

Google Translate

William Orbit:

Hello @ msolveig! My copy of MDNA arrived and I really like your songs! I'm Addicted!

Martin Solveig:

Ahah thank you @ WilliamOrbit bcp Sir William u BANG it too hard

Guest groovyguy

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/madonna-teams-up-with-spotify-on-mdna-promotional-1006579752.story

Madonna Teams Up With Spotify On 'MDNA' Promotional Streaming Campaign

March 27, 2012

By Jeff Benjamin, (@Jeff__Benjamin), N.Y.

Despite a career spanning three decades, with the release of her latest album Madonna has made it clear she is not going the traditional route that she may have gone promoting her past albums.

With the release of "MDNA" yesterday, Spotify announced that "to celebrate" Spotify users have the chance to win a pair of premium tickets to Madonna's already sold-out US tour. To enter, users need to listen to the album three times through within the next two weeks (until April 9).

"The goal of this campaign is to showcase Madonna's latest album as a whole, while rewarding her fans in a unique and engaging way," says Jordan Walker who works in Label Relations at Spotify. "Spotify worked closely with Madonna's management and Interscope Records to create a 'stream to win' campaign around MDNA that will drive album streams and leverage Spotify's social integration to generate buzz and virality on Facebook. We want to reward Madonna's super fans on Spotify by giving them the opportunity to see her live in concert in every US city of her tour."

Fans can increase their chances of winning by signing up for an e-mail list from Madonna and Interscope Records at a site called MDNA Superfans.

Facebook seems to be an integral part of the "MDNA" campaign with one of the few promotion opportunities being a live interview with Jimmy Fallon on the social network. Additionally, with its new Timeline feature, which includes an icon of the album most recently listened to as well as the four most recent tracks; the album will have high visibility with Spotify's integration with Facebook. The fact the album cover is so bright and vibrant will only help its chances of being noticed.

I am one of these sados who waited until the album was released before listening to anything. Love it, Gang Bang makes me feel so dirty and very horny. I can imagine it playing in a dark room of a sleazy sex club in Berlin.

Guest groovyguy

I am one of these sados who waited until the album was released before listening to anything. Love it, Gang Bang makes me feel so dirty. Makes me want to go to Berlin, get in a sling and get f**ked all night.

:wow:

:wow:

You got in before i changed it, but I stand by it, its a hot dirty sweaty song and makes me moist, the kind of song only Madonna can do. For me its the stand out track so far, and I will sound amazing booming round a stadium / arena if she does it on the tour.

I feel over the moon with this album. I've had it on repeat since last week...and I'm playing it even more now I've got my pre-ordered copy from iTunes. Absolutely lush album...I love the vocals, the lyrics, the production, the artwork...pretty much everything about it...apart from Superstar...and I'm stil not too keen on Some Girls...the rest of the album is fucking stellar though!

Guest groovyguy

Promotional clip released by Universal Music Italia for MDNA -

with headlines from the raving reviews by the Italian press on Madonna's new album.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=madonna-rocked-to-kreayshawn-french-films-making-mdna&t=fb

Mar 27 2012 6:53 AM EDT

Madonna Rocked To Kreayshawn, French Films Making MDNA

'We liked what we're doing in this current time and space,' producer William Orbit tells MTV News about working with the Queen of Pop.

By Jocelyn Vena

When Madonna hit the studio with longtime pal William Orbit to work on MDNA, in between brainstorming and recording sessions for the tracks, the twosome also shared many laughs. And in the lull of long recording sessions, they zeroed in on fun, instead of deconstructing the current musical landscape.

When Orbit spoke to MTV News about making the album, he insisted that despite the flurry of pop music floating around these days, they didn't give much thought to the music on Top 40 radio. Instead, they focused on their own music and the bubble of creativity they were living in.

"We never played tracks by everybody else, all the current artists. It's a dangerous road to go down," he said. "It doesn't work," he explained, because those songs are good for their own reasons, so it's futile to find out why they were good and how that can be replicated.

"We liked what we're doing in this current time and space," he continued. "What we tended to do was watch old French films from the '60s or listen to music that was so far away that it wasn't, in any way, relevant."

However, there was one person who managed to squeeze into their bubble and give them a good laugh: "I did remember, one day, there was a moment when we were waiting for Pro Tools to reboot, or something like that, and we were just looking at links on YouTube," he recalled. "And I was showing her Kreayshawn, and I've been working with her, and I really like her. And she's obviously got this track out called 'Hoes on My Di--' [with the line] " 'cause I look like Madonna.' And, I played it for Madonna ... then she was saying afterwards 'Hoes on my di--, 'cause I am Madonna.' That was about the only time we looked at any serious contemporary pop music."

At the end of the day, with the dance parties and Kreayshawn sing-alongs long over, Orbit insists the team couldn't be more pleased with the way MDNA turned out. He added, "It was a good adventure, and we pulled it off."

I just read on Popjustice about the mixing of the album and how bad it is (like Hard Candy.

Has anyone had any problems with the audio in this album. I haven't noticed anything yet.

I copied one of the postings below:

Quote from: dominic spez on Today at 08:29:52 AM

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=20502.msg2102583#msg2102583#ixzz1qLhj4tTu

Is it just me or is this album mixed HORRIFICALLY? I bought mine off iTunes and the sound quality is terrible. It's quieter than literally all other albums I've ever purchased from iTunes. I also put my CD in my car to listen to it on a good sound system, and it sounds quieter than all other albums, less clear, and muffled.... It's bizarre. Having someone like that newbie from the Demolition Crew mix the album was a serious mistake.

Guest bluejean

I still have the leaked files on my computer as I haven't ripped the CD yet and looking at the files in an audio editing program the level is significantly lower than normal. I don't imagine this is the case on the CD/iTunes version so I think this report is bullshit and they are probably listening to the leaked version.

I've noticed, in my car, on my iphone, and my computer speakers, certain songs have muffled vocals. Especially I'm Addicted. Maybe it's intentional sometimes, but I feel like I can barely hear her. Gang Bang too. The music overpowers her. I understand that, in Gang Bang, she is basically whispering, but I feel like you should still be able to hear her over the music. Especially in the "you had to die for me baby" parts... barely audible.

I just read on Popjustice about the mixing of the album and how bad it is (like Hard Candy.

Has anyone had any problems with the audio in this album. I haven't noticed anything yet.

Mine is fine. Although I think it might be a little quieter than other recent CDs I've bought.

I've noticed, in my car, on my iphone, and my computer speakers, certain songs have muffled vocals. Especially I'm Addicted. Maybe it's intentional sometimes, but I feel like I can barely hear her. Gang Bang too. The music overpowers her. I understand that, in Gang Bang, she is basically whispering, but I feel like you should still be able to hear her over the music. Especially in the "you had to die for me baby" parts... barely audible.

That's funny... on my copy "you had to die for me baby" is pretty loud.