I'M FALLING FREEEEHE

ryan

One of the best songs I have ever heard by anyone. Fact. Had a moment with this one. Tears. Anyone who ever said she has no talent would listen to this and feel like a mammoth douche.

:clap:

Guest groovyguy

EPIC. DIVINE. GORGEOUS.

Absolutely brilliant! The love grows even more with each repeat. The production. The music. Her voice. That emotion in her heartfelt vocal delivery. No word can describe. :inlove:

Sigh.

How wonderful is this track?

Whenever I play the album I always wanna skip ahead to this track.

It fills my heart with so much emotion. It gives me a smile in the beginning, but ends with a frown.

And William Orbit's ROL 8.0 production. It's like a mix of Drowned World and Has to Be, but fit for this decade.

It's so angelic. Airy. Beautiful. Dazzling. Somber. Ethereal. Compelling. Honest.

It's a gift from god.

By far one of the best tracks from MDNA.

Thankyou Madonna.

This!! I also feel the electronic harmonies enhance the emotion of the vocal performance.

Great vocals and production.

It's in my top 5 for sure as far as my fave songs from the album go.

Your a week late.

The first time I heard "Falling Free", I almost broke down into sobbing tears. It had that strong of an impact on me. And it took me a while to have the courage to hear it again (which was like a week and a half later). I've since heard it a few more times and it's just so beautiful, haunting, gorgeous. It definitely is a magnificent song.

• 4 weeks later...

this song is just so indescribably good. i agree with everyone about the instrumental bit near the end. it is godly.

Agree with everyone, and I'll add the "break" of "I'm Falling... I'm Falling... I'm Falling Freeee..." with the strings is my favorite moment in the album.

And now that over a month has passed I've began comparing it to Easy Ride and Mer Girl... which are some of my favorite songs ever. Which one's "better," you think?

And now that over a month has passed I've began comparing it to Easy Ride and Mer Girl... which are some of my favorite songs ever. Which one's "better," you think?

Falling Free strongly reminds me of Mer Girl.

I've noticed that I listen to Love Spent, Masterpiece, and Falling Free more so than the other tracks on the album. I wish there were more tracks like these on there.

I've noticed that I listen to Love Spent, Masterpiece, and Falling Free more so than the other tracks on the album. I wish there were more tracks like these on there.

Yes, I love the sound of those three too!

• 5 weeks later...

I've really taken to this track lately. Dare I say, I would rather hear this on the tour than the reinvented "Like A Virgin". :blush:

I'm sure everyone knows the lyrics are about Guy, but there is a wonderful - almost subliminal - message here. All those rumors about her horse riding accident being the beginning of the end for her marriage seem to be true. The falling off of the horse = the falling out of love. When she says, "When I move a certain way, I feel an ache I've kept at bay. A hairline break that's taking hold, a metal that I thought was gold." I love that she may be comparing her fractured collar bone to the pain of lost love. The original fracture in her marriage, and one that has not completely healed all these years later.

"When I let loose the need to know, then we're free...free to go." I feel like she's saying, "I don't even want to know who you're with or what you're doing anymore, and therefore - absent of that need - I am free of you."

One of her best written songs ever...

^ Excellent analysis. :clap:

I love this, too ... on my more melancholy mornings, I listen to just Masterpiece and Falling Free on my way to work. I, too, find the opening and closing lines the most haunting ('when i move a certain way / i feel an ache i've kept at bay' and 'i let loose the need to know / we're both free, free to go'). The final strings are so mournful sounding, even though she's free, the sadness still lingers. How sad to think that when -- perhaps on a rainy day, when you feel the weather in your bones -- M's collarbone feels sore, she's reminded of all the loss. :sad: Poor M.

I wish she was performing this one, too, but I guess I can understand why she might not. It's probably technically more difficult to sing, for one reason. Another being that she does make some concessions to have a few of the big hits included. BUT -- who knows? -- she might pull a reverse-DWT "Gone"/"You'll See" substitution. You never know!

I've really taken to this track lately. Dare I say, I would rather hear this on the tour than the reinvented "Like A Virgin". :blush:

I'm sure everyone knows the lyrics are about Guy, but there is a wonderful - almost subliminal - message here. All those rumors about her horse riding accident being the beginning of the end for her marriage seem to be true. The falling off of the horse = the falling out of love. When she says, "When I move a certain way, I feel an ache I've kept at bay. A hairline break that's taking hold, a metal that I thought was gold." I love that she may be comparing her fractured collar bone to the pain of lost love. The original fracture in her marriage, and one that has not completely healed all these years later.

"When I let loose the need to know, then we're free...free to go." I feel like she's saying, "I don't even want to know who you're with or what you're doing anymore, and therefore - absent of that need - I am free of you."

One of her best written songs ever...

Wow, I like reading stuff like this. :inlove: My mind can't read so deep into that type of lyrics. I'm such a superficial fan.