I'm A Sinner Appreciation Thread

reQuiem4adream

The tour version is sooooo awesome!! I just adore the mix with cyberaga, just fabulous!! Kinda harre krishna-esque haha x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can't wait to hear it live - haven't seen a YouTube clip of this one yet, as I'm a big fan and want the surprise.

I would love a radio edit someday of this one, or an acoustic version.

An acoustic version would be awesome! And I also really liked the slightly different sound of the MDNA Tour version, and how it seamlessly merged into "Cyber-Raga".

Speaking of "I'm a Sinner", this is what Jean-Baptiste said about it in a recent interview with MadonnaNewEra.net:

"Sinner was originally started by Orbit and myself at his place in Hollywood. It started out at a wine drinking night which evolved into the beginnings of the song. William definitely pulled that out of me. He actualized the song with Madonna and she did a masterful job of writing, producing all with Orbit and delivering the song. Much love to her for keeping some of my vocals. [...] I got to be in the studio with Madonna and William in NYC but I was more of a pupil watching masters at work. An amazing experience and career highlight for lil old me."

Guest Not4Pussies

MSig i always enjoy your posts, do you have a link of the Jean-Baptiste interview?

I'm A Sinner is one of my favorites off MDNA, i recite that prayer all the time haha

i wouldnt mind seeing Jean-Baptiste back as a songwriter on the next album

MSig i always enjoy your posts, do you have a link of the Jean-Baptiste interview?

I'm A Sinner is one of my favorites off MDNA, i recite that prayer all the time haha

i wouldnt mind seeing Jean-Baptiste back as a songwriter on the next album

:blush:

Sure do. Actually, most of the interview is about "Love Spent": http://www.madonnanewera.net/voices/336-jean-baptiste

Guest Not4Pussies

thanx much!! i ended up reading all the other interviews

she wrote the melody and lyrics to WIFLFAG

and she did write the lyrics to Love Spent! well co-wrote