I'm A Sinner Appreciation Thread

reQuiem4adream

I hear weird things, so this will probably sound as insane as most of my posts, but I seriously am in love with the two verses of this song. I feel like they are of another world than the rest of the tune while simultaneously working perfectly as part of the whole! The first verse, where she sings of the bomb and train in the night and the hills, I feel this really lonely, rustic vibe as though this will be a ballad, then bam that whoo-oh chorus hits! And the song basically has a three part chorus and an epic bridge, and I just love the whole damn thing!

You know, this song is great, but it's no favorite of mine. That said, I ALWAYS find this song stuck in my head. ESPECIALLY the bridge. It's made me pay much more attention to it than I would've otherwise.

You know, this song is great, but it's no favorite of mine. That said, I ALWAYS find this song stuck in my head. ESPECIALLY the bridge. It's made me pay much more attention to it than I would've otherwise.

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't one of my initial faves, but I find it in my head all the time.

the best is the Vogue influenced part:

Saint Christopher, find my way

I’ll be coming home one day

Saint Sebastian, don’t you cry

Let those poison arrows fly

Saint Anthony, lost and found

Thomas Aquina, just stand your ground

All those saints and holy men

Catch me before I sin again

I Luv it so much, The intro reminds me of Duffy's Mercy, Some parts are reminiscent of Beautiful Stranger & the liquid remix of Ray of Light but as a whole song its definitely a killer.

The bridge is simply the best part for me...

FFFFFUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that breakdown - i just really honest to god can not! i just can't... *shivers* when the st anthony part kicks in, i get so damn... i just.. i gotta go... i can't.

Hellllll yeah! I can't really comprehend all the things that make up this little epic!

lol reQuiem4ahole I would have gone ballistic had I not avoided this forum and saw the spoiler description in the subtitle, wonder when you added that. Though I'm getting more of an "Isaac" than "Shanti" vibe here.. but same difference really, cut from the same cloth.

And call me naive but I really didn't expect Orbit to recycle quite so many of his old stuff and expected more forward thinking new stuff, it's a shame but in that sense he really is a one trick pony. That very tired shuffling "Beautiful Stranger" beat crops up god how many times. It is forgiveable though as the songs are all so strong.

lol reQuiem4ahole I would have gone ballistic had I not avoided this forum and saw the spoiler description in the subtitle, wonder when you added that. Though I'm getting more of an "Isaac" than "Shanti" vibe here.. but same difference really, cut from the same cloth.

And call me naive but I really didn't expect Orbit to recycle quite so many of his old stuff and expected more forward thinking new stuff, it's a shame but in that sense he really is a one trick pony. That very tired shuffling "Beautiful Stranger" beat crops up god how many times. It is forgiveable though as the songs are all so strong.

Oh loomer. You're not naive. I can guarantee, Orbit will be using his signature "BS" beat again and again. I'm sure he was producing these tracks as a filler for each album; however, all of his tracks with this "same shit different bowl" beat (he must have a name for it) turned out more than decent. Amazing almost got cut as a single. I'm A Sinner is a good contender as well. I kinda wonder, if he gets to work with M again, what the next sibling would be called. Amazing Beautiful Sinner? :lmao:

PS i love my new name :lmao:

Best thing about "I'm a Sinner" of course is her nod to Saint Sebastian being shot by arrows, adding a lovely gay touch.

San Sebastiane is everything, references to him have cropped up in stuff like REM's "Losing My Religion" video.

Sebastianeposter.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMG6Qvog8GY&feature=related

OK, so the film is boring and shyt but this is what we had to fap to back in the day. :lmao: Anyway, it has an Eno score. :dramatic:

Derek Jarman was a Madonna fan as well, there was this doco about him after he died which showed him making a Madonna collage picture frame with a WTG era pic. :rosey:

I feel the same. In fact I rank this at the bottom tier of MDNA but when it's on, I get last-song-syndrome :lol: And sometimes I find myself humming and even singing to this :lmfao: which probably means it's not a bad song.

I think it's a great track - be perfect UK single material imo...

whenever I have an espresso MDNA moment on the go I'm finding I plump for 'I'm A Sinner', "I'm Addicted' and 'Turn Up the Radio'

great lyrics too - including:

"Hail Mary, full of grace

Get down on your knees and pray

Jesus Christ, hanging on the cross

Died for our sins, it's such a loss"

happy easter y'all!! :thumbsup:

I love this one. It makes me feel nostalgic since it sounds like it wouldn't be out of place on ROL. This is one of the ones that had me like :wow::dramatic: on first listen. It just has so much goin on!!

I found myself spinning this more often now..

I think its better than Beautiful Stranger and I don't consider it as BS/ROL part 2 at all..