The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

And her voice sounds just so so so ... So Madonna!

That line is so on point, great description. This song has entered my top 5 favorites as well. I love the acoustic version too, but nothing can touch the original.

Loved this song from first listen. Initially, I thought that Gang Bang would be my favourite song from the album, but it's definitely Love Spent. The song has been on repeat for a while now.

It's really heartbreaking though; Guy R really hurt her in a way that can't be undone. The thing that she probably dreads the most since becoming a rich woman has happened; someone using her or preferring her money over her and - painfully - it was done by the closest person of all.

.....If we opened up a joint account

Would it put an end to all your doubt?

Love spent

Feeling love spent

Yeah, I'm love spent

Wondering where the love went

Love spent

Yeah I'm love spent

Really love spent

Wondering where it all went.....

I really like the order where she put "Love Spent" on MDNA. The overall album has a very strong sequence. My two favorite sequences are: 1) Love Spent/Masterpiece/Falling Free/Beautiful Killer and 2) TUTR/Some Girls/I Don't Give A

I really like the order where she put "Love Spent" on MDNA. The overall album has a very strong sequence. My two favorite sequences are: 1) Love Spent/Masterpiece/Falling Free/Beautiful Killer

Hellllll yeah, me too!

Let's remember the very tasteful remark Guy Ritchie made last december (in Details) on his marriage to Madonna :

"When you end up with a lot of the things you set out to chase and find that you've stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I'm quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I'm glad I made money, in other words. And I'm glad I got married"

Let's remember the very tasteful remark Guy Ritchie made last december (in Details) on his marriage to Madonna :

"When you end up with a lot of the things you set out to chase and find that you've stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I'm quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I'm glad I made money, in other words. And I'm glad I got married"

What a disgusting pig. :thumbsdown:

Everything about this song works. I love how she uses different parts of her voice in different parts of the song. For instance, her vocal on the first go through of "I want you to take me like you took your money" is deeper than her vocal on the initial chorus.

Also, I find the line "now you have your flash car, women and bars, it's gone to your head" absolutely heartbreaking!

It is a very heartbreaking song I agree

Especially the opening lines - You had all of me you wanted more/Would you have married me if I was poor?

Imagine looking back at your marriage of 7 years and knowing you were in it for love, and the person you loved was only in it for money - how horrible.

All this pretend wasn't for free.

I like the lyrics in that she spells it out clear and simple what really happened - how she felt, what happened and how he behaved.

It's my favorite track on the album as well. At first, I only liked the second half because I had gotten so used to the preview clip. With repeated listening, it all flows together for me now and I like the whole thing. The acoustic version is amazing as well. I really hope she does it on tour.

Has it been confirmed that this was originally supposed to not be on the album, with B-Day Song in its place? I doesn't remember hearing that.

I can't believe he really said that, what a complete fucking asshole. I never had anything against him until he proved himself to be the disgusting gold-digger he is during the divorce.

I love this song, can't get tired of it just like Gang Bang! the lyrics are so heartbreaking.

firstly, the woman has had 12 proper studio albums and has sung countless other songs as well. she can sing so if she wants to use a little autotune or vocal fuckery; so whut.. it sounds cool, FRANKLY. secondly, i liked the song but i didn't love it when i first heard it. i do love it now. count me in on the worshiping.

The acoustic version of "Love Spent," at the intro of the song, reminds me of a southern rock ballad (almost "Skynyrd-like"). Anyone else notice that?

Also, what language is she singing in the bridge of the song?