The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

Guest imnachobitch

The acoustic version is the best!!

"How come you can't see all that you need was right here with me?" THAT PART KILLS ME! her voice sounds so vulnerable! specially in the acoustic version. Ughhh I wanna kill Guy.

GOD I LOVE M SO MUCH!

How about someone with a vimeo account messages Matthew Rettenmund, the guy who uploaded the video? He seems to be pretty into the gay and music scene, judging by his other uploads. He might know.

The reason why he uploaded the video is because he wanted to know what the name of the remix is.

He uploaded it a while ago, so maybe by now someone has told him but I haven't seen him post anything about it since.

awww damn. I REALLY SERIOUSLY must have this mix but don't wanna bother some guy on vimeo. I will wait a bit longer to see if it surfaces. If someone finds it PLEASE post here. I check this thread everytime I log in. thnx

The reason why he uploaded the video is because he wanted to know what the name of the remix is.

He uploaded it a while ago, so maybe by now someone has told him but I haven't seen him post anything about it since.

Great, thank you. If that had been me I would've pushed my way to the DJ booth right then and there ;)

In a recent interview with MadonnaNewEra.net, Jean Baptiste Kouame told more about how "Love Spent" was created:

The original instrumental demo of the song was composed and produced by Jean Baptiste, Ryan Buendia (DJ Replay) and Alain Whyte. The reference to the ABBA sample used in "Hung Up" was intentional and was part of the song from the very start, even though they didn't knew at the time that Madonna would end up recording the song.

The lyrics were written by Priscilla Renea, Madonna and Jean Baptiste himself. The "Frankly if my name was Benjamin" line is a play on Benjamin Franklin, who is used as a metaphor for money.

Though the MDNA liner notes credit William Orbit as a co-writer, Jean Baptiste mentions him "only" as a producer, whereas other sources have claimed that Orbit changed very little from Free School's original production.

Full interview at http://madonnanewera.net/voices/336-jean-baptiste.

While he may not have been involved in the main songwriting process, Orbit previously stated that he and Madonna reworked the melody slightly because Madonna wasn't able to replicate the singing style of Priscilla Renea, who recorded the original vocal demo. I guess that's why he is credited as a co-writer.

Guest Not4Pussies

good! now the skeptics can shut up!

she did write lyrics to Love Spent

i like how Jean-Baptiste said that he would want Madonna to do more songs like Falling Free and Love Spent (acoustic version)

i wouldn't mind either

Msig - one of the "other sources" that claimed that William barely touched "Love Spent" is the guy who conducted the interview with Jean Baptiste, in which he (Jean Baptiste) praises the "masterly" work that William did in terms of production! We've got the co-writer of the song saying one thing, and the guy who interviewed him saying another.....something doesn't gel there.

In a recent interview with MadonnaNewEra.net, Jean Baptiste Kouame told more about how "Love Spent" was created:

The original instrumental demo of the song was composed and produced by Jean Baptiste, Ryan Buendia (DJ Replay) and Alain Whyte. The reference to the ABBA sample used in "Hung Up" was intentional and was part of the song from the very start, even though they didn't knew at the time that Madonna would end up recording the song.

The lyrics were written by Priscilla Renea, Madonna and Jean Baptiste himself. The "Frankly if my name was Benjamin" line is a play on Benjamin Franklin, who is used as a metaphor for money.

Though the MDNA liner notes credit William Orbit as a co-writer, Jean Baptiste mentions him "only" as a producer, whereas other sources have claimed that Orbit changed very little from Free School's original production.

Full interview at http://madonnanewera...-jean-baptiste.

While he may not have been involved in the main songwriting process, Orbit previously stated that he and Madonna reworked the melody slightly because Madonna wasn't able to replicate the singing style of Priscilla Renea, who recorded the original vocal demo. I guess that's why he is credited as a co-writer.

What ABBA sample is this? Is it in the final version? The link doesn't work now....

Try this.

http://www.madonnanewera.net/voices/336-jean-baptiste

LS gives a nod to the main ABBA sample in "Hung Up". You've never noticed? It's bubbling away in the background in the "spend your love on me" part, then is clearly used in the instrumental break straight after this before the second verse. It's a recreation (with vastly different instrumentation), rather than a sample, as such.

I asked the guy who conducted the interview to explain why his own personal comments in other threads don't match up with what's written in the interview. He is ignoring me :(

Picture_5.png

Made this. Wish it were real :-(

Looks great! (Wish it were real too). It'd be perfect for a Maxi Single of Remixes, which reminds me, ANYONE FIND THAT REMIX YET?? :naughty:

Picture_5.png

Made this. Wish it were real :-(

AMAZING. Wish it was real. LOVE SPENT is now one of my all-time favorite Madonna songs. It's a MASSIVE shame it wasn't released as a single. I just don't get why it wasn't. I wish Madonna would realize her potential with ballads, I don't know why she won't release more music in this style. I'm hopeful in the future she will fully embrace the style and make an entire album.

• 3 weeks later...