The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

Totally trolling this thread right now, but I'm on a roll. Is this a great remix of the acoustic or what??

https://soundcloud.c...ve-spent-dj-taj

That's excellent.

Here it is in full. You can download it too!

https://soundcloud.com/dj-taj-remixes/madonna-love-spent-dj-tajs

Who's Jessie Ray? I saw some Facebook statuses saying M filmed a video for Love Spent where we all thought itwas a shoot or forSuperstar and he also said he was working on a demo called "Mesmerizing Lover" that he had worked on for M...

Sounds like BS to me. Why would the dancers say Issa shoot if it was fora music video...? They just wouldn't have said anything at all.

Who's Jessie Ray? I saw some Facebook statuses saying M filmed a video for Love Spent where we all thought itwas a shoot or forSuperstar and he also said he was working on a demo called "Mesmerizing Lover" that he had worked on for M...

Sounds like BS to me. Why would the dancers say Issa shoot if it was fora music video...? They just wouldn't have said anything at all.

he had said that too she is performing GGW with Britney, Gaga, Xtina at AMA..

Stupid but apparently Jean Baptiste said "there's a rumor going around that Queen Madonna is filming a LS video. Don't know how true that is but if it is, you guys are the best fans. Let's get crazy remixes going"

Or something like that. But it seems as though it could've all gotten started by what this Jessie Ray said and it's all based on speculation even on Jean Baptiste's end...

he had said that too she is performing GGW with Britney, Gaga, Xtina at AMA..

Yes and he also said Madonna will do a Ray of Light 2.0 in 2014. He's full of bullshit. It seems he's a fan making statements about wishful thinking.

If a studio recording of the Tour version hasn't been made yet, M better make one!!!

:bow:

What does she have against Love Spent? geesh lady, get the clue already. It's like she won't do it bc she knows fans want it.

From almost not including the song on the (standard) album to not performing it on half the tour, to not releasing it as a single or even a lousy youtube video----there has been a weird resistance to do anything with this song - unfortunately since she doesn't let us in into her creative process as much as before, we probably won't know why.

Im just curious, when she let us take part in her creative process?

I cant remember.

It's not common, but since being part of this forum I've read/heard extensive interviews about the making of Erotica and Music. For Erotica, not sure she was the one speaking (it was a press article), but at least their producers were pretty open about how everything had come together (and showed several instances where Madonna was a creative force behind the project). For Music, someone posted a radio interview she did at the time where she expressed in great detail how she worked with Mirwais, and it showed how much she actually does know about sound. The interview may have been for Billboard - which earlier this year did a horrendous and boring interview with her for MDNA.

Lastly, I also remember MTV had a half-hour special back in the day about the making of Ray of Light. That's a gem that I haven't seen in forever, but basically she let us into the studio, shows us the maternity room right next to the studio for Lola, and we can see William and her working away. It was amazing. Again, I'm sure they allowed that because they were carefully trying to reposition Madonna as a serious artist, and thus it was cool to see her "at work."

She did the same kind of "behind the music" short documentary for the making of W.E., but she didn't do it for MDNA. To me, that's telling.

Oh yes! Now I understand what you said! I tought you were saying she let us make decisions about the creative process of her career.

I agree with you! I would love to know more about the process! Is so magical! Lately all we get is how she raise her children.....

It's not common, but since being part of this forum I've read/heard extensive interviews about the making of Erotica and Music. For Erotica, not sure she was the one speaking (it was a press article), but at least their producers were pretty open about how everything had come together (and showed several instances where Madonna was a creative force behind the project). For Music, someone posted a radio interview she did at the time where she expressed in great detail how she worked with Mirwais, and it showed how much she actually does know about sound. The interview may have been for Billboard - which earlier this year did a horrendous and boring interview with her for MDNA.

Lastly, I also remember MTV had a half-hour special back in the day about the making of Ray of Light. That's a gem that I haven't seen in forever, but basically she let us into the studio, shows us the maternity room right next to the studio for Lola, and we can see William and her working away. It was amazing. Again, I'm sure they allowed that because they were carefully trying to reposition Madonna as a serious artist, and thus it was cool to see her "at work."

She did the same kind of "behind the music" short documentary for the making of W.E., but she didn't do it for MDNA. To me, that's telling.

I love inside looks like those especially the ROL special. Really gives us insight on the record and also how brilliant and passionate M is about music.

I believe that any type of resistance coming from LS is 100% because it's specifically about her divorce with Guy. I get the feeling that she wants to empower herself through it and yet, somehow he still has some control over her and she feels bad performing it.

Come to think of it, the way the corset portion has progressed is interesting cause she's now being "controlled" on a leash like a dog...reminds me of the way she controlled the men in future lovers in CT but anyhow, I think it says something about her raw feelings towards Guy and even so long after the fact and even with a boyfriend, she will always love Guy.

I believe that any type of resistance coming from LS is 100% because it's specifically about her divorce with Guy. I get the feeling that she wants to empower herself through it and yet, somehow he still has some control over her and she feels bad performing it.

Exactly what I think. LS is too honest and clear,different from "Gang Bang",which has all the theatrical pose and let her more comfortable to play it. "Love Spent" is part of the "uncomfortable songs",like "Promise to Try","Mother and Father","Oh Father",etc,songs that we know that are tough for M for its subjects. It must had been hard to convence her to include LS on the MDNA Tour setlist and even on MDNA album itself,'cause it was firstly a deluxe-only track,maybe a attempt to cover the truthness on this album (have you realized the disc 2 songs have more direct and explicit lyrics?).

Exactly what I think. LS is too honest and clear,different from "Gang Bang",which has all the theatrical pose and let her more comfortable to play it. "Love Spent" is part of the "uncomfortable songs",like "Promise to Try","Mother and Father","Oh Father",etc,songs that we know that are tough for M for its subjects. It must had been hard to convence her to include LS on the MDNA Tour setlist and even on MDNA album itself,'cause it was firstly a deluxe-only track,maybe a attempt to cover the truthness on this album (have you realized the disc 2 songs have more direct and explicit lyrics?).

Very true on the disc 2 bit, I didn't notice. Was the original listing beautiful killer on the standard and love spent on the deluxe? I forgot but if it was, that would make sense.

Tbh, I don't think it was hard for her to include LS to the tour. I think she becomes courageous when she's showered with her fan's energy and every M fan loves when she's ballsy and honest and so I think she just put into context of the show and actually enjoys doing it. Maybe it's somewhat therapeutic for her.

The only thing it's "telling" about is the intentional lack of conventional promotion (NTP anyone?) as Guy Oseary pointed out. And nothing to do with the making of the album.

But anyway in this radio interview, she talks about the album making process; and in this EPK William Orbit goes into great detail as well. So we do have something.

Very true on the disc 2 bit, I didn't notice. Was the original listing beautiful killer on the standard and love spent on the deluxe? I forgot but if it was, that would make sense.

No, the original track listing features "B-Day Song" on the standard disc.

1. Girls Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I'm Addicted

4. Some Girls

5. I Don't Give A

6. Turn Up the Radio

7. Give Me All Your Luvin'

8. B-day Song

9. Superstar

10. I'm a Sinner

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

Deluxe version bonus disc:

1. Love Spent

2. I Fucked Up

3. Beautiful Killer

4. Best Friend

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)

No, the original track listing features "B-Day Song" on the standard disc.

1. Girls Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I'm Addicted

4. Some Girls

5. I Don't Give A

6. Turn Up the Radio

7. Give Me All Your Luvin'

8. B-day Song

9. Superstar

10. I'm a Sinner

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

Deluxe version bonus disc:

1. Love Spent

2. I Fucked Up

3. Beautiful Killer

4. Best Friend

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)

I thought the original tracklisting didn't feauture Best Friend and it was a last minute addition? That's how I remembered it.

Anyway, Thank GOD they changed their mind about LS and Bday Song and switched them. What the hell were they smoking, really...

I thought the original tracklisting didn't feauture Best Friend and it was a last minute addition? That's how I remembered it.

Anyway, Thank GOD they changed their mind about LS and Bday Song and switched them. What the hell were they smoking, really...

Well, originally, only 15 titles were announced for the Deluxe Version - not including "Best Friend" - but it was always clear that the Deluxe would feature more tracks than that. First, it was announced that it would feature 18 tracks - a month later, MadonnaTribe revealed that only 17 tracks would be included (only the Japanese version and the iTunes Super Bowl version feature 18 tracks).

Sometime in February, it was revealed that the 17th track would be the Party Rock Remix of GMAYL. A month before the album was released, MadonnaTribe exclusively revealed that a song titled "Best Friend" would be included in the Deluxe Version. This was confirmed then the final tracklisting was officially revealed.

For the love of god can't someone find that Love Spent club remix posted in that short vid clip earlier? No luck for me either and I've been LOOKING.

I SIMPLY MUST HAVE IT. There will be no rest lol