The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

I don't think so at all... If anything, it sounds more like J-Lo (!!)

If anything, parts of I'm Addicted sound more Kylie to me.

Not Kylie, but Dannii Minogue. actually the instrumentations of I'M ADDICTED sound similar to a remix of Dannii's So Under Pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

SO I GUESS WE'RE DONE W/ SINGLES FROM THIS ALBUM AND NOT GETTING LOVE SPENT, I'M ADDICTED OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT HUH.

PFFT.

At least I have a few quality remixes of 'Gang Bang' but damn Madonna, it's a bit disappointing.

Turn Up The Radio... REALLY?

I love this song even more now than I did before. But, I can understand why she's not performing it night after night; may be a strain on the voice, unless she changed the key or something.

In that video, where is that footage of her singing it from?

I love this song even more now than I did before. But, I can understand why she's not performing it night after night; may be a strain on the voice, unless she changed the key or something.

In that video, where is that footage of her singing it from?

It was a soundcheck from Copenhagen

I looked at my iTunes play count today and noticed that "Love Spent" is my most-played track from this album. "Gang Bang" and "I'm Addicted" are tied for second. If you add the plays for "Love Spent (acoustic)" to the regular version, it is 2.5 times higher in plays than anything else on this album (by me anyway). I guess I didn't realize how much I loved it.

This really should've been a single. :(

what would have been...

LS released and promoted as a single before the tour....the song on the setlist from the beginning...and the whole stadiums singin-a-long to this song...

however, i liked more the first cut of LAV/LS than the following...

I just listened to this song again today after a long time. It's such a brilliant track...it's almost unbelievable that it didn't turn out to be a single. The song is risky both musically and emotionally for Madonna and the result ended up being surprisingly good. The lyrics are solid and mature and the song has this twist in the middle that is so different from the usual compositions. Unfortunately, this will pass hidden from the main public because of the lame marketing strategy developed for MDNA.

• 2 weeks later...

I just love it more and more and more and more. The album version, acoustic version, tour version - all perfect. It surpassed all my favorites from MDNA and is now officially the best Madonna song since the Confessions era.

I will never understand why they initially wanted it as a bonus only track, why it didn't make the tour from the very start and why it wasn't the first fucking single!

i just think there were so many directions they could have gone with the promotion of this album considering how many different genres and types of songs on this amazing album and they just made all the wrong choices/gambles. This song should definitely have been in the line of singles for sure. it sums up the pain of her divorce and would have made her more human in people's minds. Unfortunately they chose the most candy coated and crappy tracks to represent an amazing and dark album. Tis a shame but whatever...we all love it and that's really what matters right?

I'm Addicted... Girl Gone Wild... Love Spent... (edit) Beautiful Killer...

That's how this gorgeous song is placed in my MDNA tracklist. It makes the album magically so much stronger. Stuck between I'm A Sinner and Masterpiece this song makes no sense to me.

He said to someone on this forum on a recent show! Guy O said was almost certain.

Dont hold your breath guys, he was saying the same thing a month ago about Gang Bang and until now..... nada.

But YES, would be amazing, specially if she decides to make a video. I'm pretty certain she has a lot of ideas to a LS video with all her anger mixed with sadness. I wonder if that Terrorist Bride dress rumour was for Love Spent! :wetpants:

And she could sing it on the Grammys! She could do the same version of the show. Starts with LAV and then LS. The next day: worldwide comma about her 54 yo hot granny body.