The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

I love love love this song !

I am secretly hoping she would perform this on tour and follow it with Don't Tell Me .

It is hands down the best Madonna track in a long time, the folk influence is genius. I just love her honesty on it, takes a lot to admit someone used you for your status/money, and she put it out there for the world to hear. It’d be a crime for her not to release it. I’m that addicted to this track that I’ve forgotten about the rest of the album.

Does anyone know in what language the girl is singing in the acoustic version (the chant-like thingy bob) and what she's saying? It's so haunting.

I thought it was just Madonnas vocals sped backwards..whatever it is I love it

I don't think she'll do this on tour.

I think she most definitely will . When I first heard the snippet I thought Meh but when i heard the full Banjo-rrific version OMG. Speechless.

Guest northernlad

I do enjoy this song but I despise the vocal processing. I hope it gets included on the setlist just to hear a clean vocal.

Remember when Spin picked DTM as the best single of 2001 and said nobody had ever released a hit that good so far into their career? Well, who the hell has ever released a GEM like this 30 years in? This is fucking perfection!

And her voice sounds just so so so ... So Madonna!

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i wasn't impressed with the snippet, hated the song the first time i heard it, but it really is amazing, isn't it? i love how bitter and angry it is with that sad undercurrent running through it at the same time. i've had to force myself to listen to it less so other tracks on the album have a chance. :lol:

Can't bring myself to listen to the acoustic yet, 'cause I love this so much in original form and seems like it will be utterly transformed! That's the magic, I guess.

Well, I've gotta post. "Love Spent" is my favorite song on MDNA, and it is definitely in my Top 10 Madonna songs, and I have been a fan of hers since 1982.

When I first heard "Love Spent" (as it's the 10th song in), I thought "Holy Shit"! I was shocked at how insanely catchy it is: not that she is not capable of incredible material like that.

My favorite lyrics of LS are:

"You had all of me, you wanted more

Would you have married me if I were poor

I guess if I was your treasury

You'd have found the time to treasure me"

If we opened up a joint account

Would it put an end to all your doubt

Frankly, if my name was Benjamin

We wouldn't be in the mess we're in"

Didn't Jimmy Fallon even admit that LS was his favorite song on MDNA in the interview they recently did together?

Stunningly beautiful...and that oh so modern-sounding beat. At her ethereal best.

Guest dressUup

After listening to Love Spent for the past week, its risen to Top 5 status. Absolutely love this song and am really loving the acoustic version, too.