The OFFICIAL "LOVE SPENT" WORSHIP thread

Je5u5

what does 'frankly if my name was benjamin we wouldn't be in the mess we're in' mean?

It's speculation of course but the line could also be referring to her perception that if she were a man things would have gone differently or she may have been treated differently.

Isis (and LUV), 'Benjamin' refers to Benjamin Franklin, who is on the US hundred dollar bill. She means that if she were money, her 'lover' would have no problem loving her ('we wouldn't be in this mess we're in').

Guest sasca1971

I think it's a play on words ... Benjamin Franklin ... on the $100 dollar bill.

It's speculation of course but the line could also be referring to her perception that if she were a man things would have gone differently or she may have been treated differently.

it is my favorite song on the album. it gave me goosebumps the first time and still does. the acoustic version is a wonderful treat. i have listened to the original about 50 times already. i would love if the song was the next single and would hope that the remixes of it would do the original justice. i don't think any remix of the song is needed though. it is perfect the way it is :)

I love this song. It's like she's letting us into her world just a little and it feels so personal.

And :bow: at the melody!

I think I almost like the acoustic version better than the original. Both are great though.

I wish more of the album was like Love Spent full of emotional depth while musically adventurous.

And it gets better with each play :inlove: