Review/Rate/Rank MDNA

Guest Xanthium

ALBUM TRACKS:

01) "Girl Gone Wild" 8 (thanks to the video)

02) "Gang Bang" 9+

03) "I'm Addicted" 9.5

04) "Turn Up The Radio" 9+

05) "Give Me All Your Luvin'" 6.5

06) "Some Girls" 8

07) "Superstar" 7+

08) "I Don't Give A" 8.5

09) "I'm A Sinner" 8

10) "Love Spent" 9.5

11) "Masterpiece" 7.5

12) "Falling Free" 9

BONUS TRACKS:

13) "Beautiful Killer" 8.5

14) "I Fucked Up" 7.5

15) "B-Day Song" 7+

16) "Best Friend" -

17) "(GMAYL - Party Rock Remix)" 6

OVERALL = 8+

After all the future listening, a sure round 9

MDNA Album Rating:

1. Girl Gone Wild – 10/10

2. Gang Bang – 10/10

3. I’m Addicted – 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio – 10/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin’ – 10/10

6. Some Girls – 10/10

7. Superstar – 10/10

8. I Don’t Give A – 10/10

9. I’m A Sinner – 10/10

10. Love Spent – 10/10

11. Masterpiece – 10/10

12. Falling Free – 10/10

13. Beautiful Killer – 10/10

14. I Fucked Up – 10/10

15. B-Day Song – 10/10

16. Best Friend – don't know yet.

100/100 :sassy::wow::inlove:

MDNA Album Rating:

1. Girl Gone Wild – 10/10

2. Gang Bang – 10/10

3. I’m Addicted – 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio – 10/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin’ – 10/10

6. Some Girls – 10/10

7. Superstar – 10/10

8. I Don’t Give A – 10/10

9. I’m A Sinner – 10/10

10. Love Spent – 10/10

11. Masterpiece – 10/10

12. Falling Free – 10/10

13. Beautiful Killer – 10/10

14. I Fucked Up – 10/10

15. B-Day Song – 10/10

16. Best Friend – don't know yet.

100/100 :sassy::wow::inlove:

I'm in that type of mood too! ;)

Any fan that has been listening to Madonna all these years who doesn't think Gang Bang is f*cking fantastic either works for the catholic church or is a bitch themselves. LOL It's better than anything on Born This way period on top of that.

Really luvin' what i'm hearing so far. Some tracks still growing on me. I wish Love Spent was more of the first part, it feels like 2 songs in 1. I'm a Sinner is defo a fave, i can't stop playing it!! 10/10

Giving the whole album an 8/10 for now :)

1. Girl Gone Wild – 6.5 /10

2. Gang Bang – 9/10

3. I’m Addicted – 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio – 5/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin’ – 6/10

6. Some Girls – 6 /10

7. Superstar – 3/10

8. I Don’t Give A – 3/10

9. I’m A Sinner – 5/10

10. Love Spent – 9.5/10

11. Masterpiece – 9/10

12. Falling Free – 5/10

13. Beautiful Killer – 7.5/10

14. I Fucked Up – 5/10

15. B-Day Song – 2/10

16. Best Friend – don't know yet..

i really like it and i am quite surprised, it turned out to be that good...

mdna sounds something i would expect between "music" and "coadf"

GGW - 7.5/10

Gang Bang - 1325562672772/10

I'm addicted - 20/10

Some Girls- 9/10

I don't Give A- 8/10

Turn Up the Radio - 30/10

Give me All Your Luvin'- 7/10 ( and that bcos of the vdo ! Song alone 5/10 )

Superstar- 8/10

I'm a Sinner- 8/10

Masterpiece - 9/10

Love Spent-50/10

Falling Free- 60/10

All in all 100000000000 +++ points out of 10 !

All the songs are starting to come together for me now. I was awestruck on first listen, I just didn't expect the twists and turns these songs would take. I think this is easily her best album since ROL. It's already in this group of albums for me....

MADONNA

LIKE A PRAYER

RAY OF LIGHT

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

MDNA

Not sure if I could rank the songs at this point but the ones I keep going back to the most are

GANG BANG

I'M ADDICTED

SOME GIRLS

I DON'T GIVE A

I'M A SINNER

LOVE SPENT

FALLING FREE

I LOVE TURN UP THE RADIO as well but I find myself listening to those above before it. I really don't think there is a bad song on the album. Literally like every hour I have a new favorite. I'm just getting to know Beautiful Killer so I'm sure by tomorrow at this time I'll be obsessed with it.

Overall A++. I knew it was going to be great but she totally exceeded my expectations. I actually find the lyrics to be honest, abstract and clever in some songs. Like how she incorporates MDMA into the mind fuck that is I'm Addicted...imagine that on MDMA! lol I like how a lot of songs reference her past songs..."into the groove" line in Beautiful Killer...."lucky star" in GMAYL....the little HU "sample" in Love Spent.....the "like a virgin" in a robotic voice in Some Girls and in the same song I found it clever how she says "I'm not like all the rest. Some girls are second best. Put your lovin to the test you'll see.", in Express Yourself she was saying that line to empower women and in this song it's like she's saying it to a male lover in a somewhat vulnerable way.

OK I'm done...I could go on and on.

All the songs are starting to come together for me now. I was awestruck on first listen, I just didn't expect the twists and turns these songs would take. I think this is easily her best album since ROL. It's already in this group of albums for me....

MADONNA

LIKE A PRAYER

RAY OF LIGHT

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

MDNA

You and I have very different taste.

EROTICA

AMERICAN LIFE

MDNA

HARD CANDY

MUSIC

You and I have very different taste.

EROTICA

AMERICAN LIFE

MDNA

HARD CANDY

MUSIC

Yeah, Hard Candy is my favorite out of those (minus MDNA) and that seems like it should be on my list for my LAP. :lol:

This may be too much of a LOON call for some at this point but....

I say this is the best pop album of at least the last 5 years by ANY ARTIST. Including her own album.

MDNA packs so much punch that rihanna wants to break up with it and record a song with it two years later! :lmao: Sorry this is was too funny to pass. Anyway i haven't heard the whole album yet but the 2 song I have I L.U.V Love spent 12/10 and Gang bang 13/10

Yeah, Hard Candy is my favorite out of those (minus MDNA) and that seems like it should be on my list for my LAP. :lol:

Kurt what isn't about

EROTICA

AMERICAN LIFE

MUSIC

that you're not too fond of?

It's not that I'm not fond of them. They all have their place as far as I'm concerned. With that said....

Music is actually a great album but AL and Erotica have just always lacked to me for some reason. Conceptually Erotica is brilliant but I just get bored with it after a while. Those breathy, spoken, sometimes barely audible vocals drone on and on after a point. With AL, I think it was just a bit too sparse for my tastes. It felt like Madonna trying to be a Sheryl Crow, Michelle Branch type of artist (with more interesting production). On first listen I remember I kept waiting for the songs to take off, a sparkling melody, bridge, hook something and they just kind of droned on and ended without anything eventful really happening.

Mind you I'm just highlighting the negative points. I can say more positive I'm sure.

It's not that I'm not fond of them. They all have their place as far as I'm concerned. With that said....

Music is actually a great album but AL and Erotica have just always lacked to me for some reason. Conceptually Erotica is brilliant but I just get bored with it after a while. Those breathy, spoken, sometimes barely audible vocals drone on and on after a point. With AL, I think it was just a bit too sparse for my tastes. It felt like Madonna trying to be a Sheryl Crow, Michelle Branch type of artist (with more interesting production). On first listen I remember I kept waiting for the songs to take off, a sparkling melody, bridge, hook something and they just kind of droned on and ended without anything eventful really happening.

Mind you I'm just highlighting the negative points. I can say more positive I'm sure.

I adore those albums. I guess I really have esoteric taste in Madonna material.

I adore those albums. I guess I really have esoteric taste in Madonna material.

That's why Madonna is the best though. She has a little something for everyone that's why I say ALL her albums have their place. It makes for a much more interesting listening experience when exploring her music. The only thing she could do to truly disappoint me musically is stay stagnant. I know many felt HC was stale but it was still different for HER and now listening to what came before and after it seems a natural part of the journey....not that it ever didn't for me. :) While you can hear traces of just about all albums in MDNA I think more than any others it's the ones from 1998 up mixed up and spit out in 2012.

That's why Madonna is the best though. She has a little something for everyone that's why I say ALL her albums have their place. It makes for a much more interesting listening experience when exploring her music. The only thing she could do to truly disappoint me musically is stay stagnant. I know many felt HC was stale but it was still different for HER and now listening to what came before and after it seems a natural part of the journey....not that it ever didn't for me. :) While you can hear traces of just about all albums in MDNA I think more than any others it's the ones from 1998 up mixed up and spit out in 2012.

Orbit's a formalist. His production approaches pop as though it were classical music. I had reservations about his return but he produced Love Spent.

Guest Xanthium

It seems like I will be the first person to piss on everyone's parade. I'm very happy most of you seem to love it, but it's not my cup of tea.

My biggest issue with the entire record are THE LYRICS. I didn't bother with the bonus tracks yet.

Girl Gone Wild - 2/10

Benassi throwaway. Easily her worst single and lead track in the history of her career. Half-assed vocals.

Gang Bang - 5/10

This could have been amazing. The spoken vocal is fairly intriguing. In fact I really enjoy the sampling and production. However that last minute or so is such poorly executed camp that I don't even know where to begin.

I'm Addicted - 5/10

This isn't terrible. Uninspired lyrics. Sort of reminds me of a William Orbit track that was probably dusted off from the Music era.

Turn Up The Radio - 7/10

Pleasant vocal delivery. This is basically Solveig-by-the-Numbers. This sounds practically identical to "Hello". I can see this becoming a single.

Give Me All Your Luvin' - 6/10

We all know this. The "pre-chorus" or whatever is quite good. Still sounds better suited for Katy Perry.

Some Girls - 2/10

This is a fucking mess. Some interesting production bits bump this up a point.

Superstar - 3/10

Solveig sounding though he had nothing to do with this. Very summery, could be good if it had a complete re-write. What's up with these fucking lyrics?? It sounds like she brought this to her Mercy's pre-school and they wrote it as a class during a history lesson.

I Don't Give A - 3/10

Fairly shit. Almost ridiculous enough that it could work but it doesn't. The production and the chamber choir are a good idea but again it would need a complete re-write to be tolerable. Nicki's rap in the middle works very well, it should have been given to her.

I'm A Sinner - 6/10

A bit retro. The instrumentation during the verses reminds me of "Beautiful Stranger"/"Amazing". Not awful, not good.

Love Spent - 8/10

Now we finally have a track that is worth repeated listens. The reminds me of something that she would have done during Music if it weren't for the lyrics echoing the recent divorce. This track is the most "Madonna" of the bunch if that makes sense.

Masterpiece - 7/10

Pleasant.

Falling Free - 9/10

Her best recorded vocal since the Ray of Light years that I can recall. Parts of this remind me of something Imogen Heap would record. The only song that I cannot fault in the lyric department. Mature. If the whole record went down this route it would have been amazing.

Of course I will but it to support her, and give the HQ version a spin to form a solid opinion. I'm still looking forward to the tour very much but as a whole this album offers me nothing to want to revisit on a regular basis bar the last three tracks.

I definitely agree with you on certain things and appreciate your honesty. Out of everyone on MN, your taste in music is the one I admire and respect the most so I understand where you are coming from. The lyrics are definitely the biggest problem on the album. Madonna has got absolutely no problem coming up with catchy hooks and melodies, and the production is great on every song (except GGW), but the lyrics really suck in certain songs like Superstar, GGW, and GMAYL. If someone wrote a song like Superstar for me, I'd break up with their ass. The lyrics on Gang Bang and Turn Up The Radio could definitely use some re-writing as well. The ending of Gang Bang is interesting but kinda cringeworthy at the same time. I don't know if I'm supposed to pretend to be shocked or just laugh. Plus the way she mumbles and annunciates in the song is just odd. Is she trying to be humorous or just some kind of caricature? The more I listen to the album the more I'm finding fault with it. I did listen to Falling Free for the first time in HQ tonight and it really is one of the most beautiful and artistic things she has ever done. It's going to end up being the go-to song you shove in the face of people who criticize Madonna's talent. Right now about half the songs I would keep on the record and the other half I would re-work and re-write.

Guest Xanthium

Orbit's a formalist. His production approaches pop as though it were classical music.

Yes! That's why his music is so sweeping and majestic.

Guest bluejean

GIRL GONE WILD 8/10

Great opening for the album, a classic Madonna dance song and her best single since 'Jump.' Fairly generic but that still great.

GANG BANG 10/10

An amazing fresh and unique Madonna song. The best track on the album, should have been the lead single. MUST be a single.

I'M ADDICTED 8/10

Very innovative production, at this point I'm amazed how non generic the album is sounding compared to the 1st 2 singles. A great track.

TURN UP THE RADIO 8/10

Sounded abit flat at first probably because it's quite similar to 'Hello' melody wise. But this is a real grower and could have been the lead single. Sure to be a single.

GIVE ME ALL UR LUVIN' 7/10

I've never hated this song I just never felt it was a strong single. But it's a nice track and definitely stands out as one of the catchier songs on the album.

SOME GIRLS 7/10

A cool sounding track, I like it. Probably a grower not a shower :lol:

SUPERSTAR 6/10

Abit generic and lame, but still a cute little song.

I DON'T GIVE A 9/10

Love it. Love the attitude, the lyrics and the Madonna rapping. Everything American Life wishes it could have been.

I'M A SINNER 8/10

Really like this track too. Very Beautiful Stranger esque with a touch of Orbit's remix of Ray of Light. It kind of reminds me of The Beatles (not sure which track.) particularly the melody. Love the bridge.

LOVE SPENT 8/10

Very good song. I was not expecting to like it this much based on the snippet but it's actually one of the highlights. Thrilled to see her slating Guy so much.

MASTERPIECE 10/10

Have always loved this track, a classic Madonna ballad. One of the highlights.

FALLING FREE 10/10

Whoa. Second favourite track after Gang Bang. Very special song different to anything she's ever done.

BEAUTIFUL KILLER 5/10

Meh. Total B side.

I FUCKED UP 7/10

I like this track alot, I'm guessing if Masterpiece didn't make the cut this would have gone in its place. I think they made the right choice but still a good song nevertheless.

BDAY SONG

Haven't heard it yet but I'm pretty sure its shit based on what I have heard.

Overall I'd say it's as good as Confessions. Definitely not as classic as Ray of Light or Music but it comes close on several songs. I actually think in terms of songwriting overall Hard Candy is a stronger album (gasp!) mostly because MDNA has more filler. But of course production wise the songs on MDNA are the styles that work better with Madonna and appeal to my personal taste. Also, with this album it is evident that Madonna was closely involved and the lyrics are far more personal than Hard Candy. So for those reasons it is a waaay better Madonna album than Hard Candy.

It seems like I will be the first person to piss on everyone's parade. I'm very happy most of you seem to love it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Love Spent - 8/10

Falling Free - 9/10

well as we all know her lyrics haven't been great since american life, so what we can hold on to is her music. At least you like these two tracks.

Orbit did fairly good job on the album (there are couple of cringe worthy 90's moments) but I must say I prefer Benassi and Solveig and Demolition Crew tracks..even Gang Bang is not produced thank god solely by Orbit (and you can hear that).

1. Some Girls 10/10: Really catchy 80's sounding, just overall awesome. Reminds me of one of the AL remixes. Also reminds me of another non-madonna song from the 80's.

2. Gang Bang 10/10: Production is amazing on this song. The end gets a little OTT though.

3. Best Friend 10/10: I love her voice on this, sounds like her 80's vocals!! I love the way she sings "Still I have no regrets, cos I survived the biggest test." It's likely this will become my favorite song on the album.

4. I Don't Give A 9/10: Really like the production on this and Nicki's appearance. Catchy lyrics, good vocals.

5. Love Spent 9/10: When I first heard the snippet I don't believe I was a big fan. The whole song though is great, particularly the start. If she didn't use her high-pitched Evita vocals towards the end it would probably be a 10.

6. Beautiful Killer 8/10: Great song, I like the production but again those high pitched vocals get annoying on the chorus.

7. I'm a Sinner 8/10: Pretty good song, I like the 60's sound.

8. Girl Gone Wild 7/10: Good song, good video.

9. Turn Up The Radio 7/10: Ok song, but the vocals are a bit shit.

10. Gimme All Your Lovin' 7/10: Good song but I really haven't listened to it for a while. I think this is one song where the live performances will be better then the album version.

11. Masterpiece 7/10: Not a bad ballad. Nice lyrics.

12. Superstar 6.5/10: Production is good, voice is good, lyrics are VERY shit.

13. I'm Addicted 6/10: Really don't know what it is about this song but it just gets annoying after listening a couple times. Especially the way she sings "I'm a addicted to your LAAAAARRRRRVVVV"

14. Fallin' Free 5/10: Annoying Evita vocals again borderline operatic. She over-enunciates the words which sounds odd. Good lyrics but she doesn't have that passion in her voice like she does in her older ballads.

15. B'Day Song 4/10: The music isn't too bad I like MIA, but again her voice is annoying. "Ooooooooooon" "Soooooooooooong" "Giiiiiiiiirrrrrrl"

16. I Fucked Up 4/10: I only like the fast bit half way through the song. Other then that it's just annoying.

Overall I would probably rate the album a solid 8.5/10 or 4/5. Definitely up there with her best albums.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

1. Girl Gone Wild – 6.5 /10

2. Gang Bang – 9/10

6. Some Girls – 6 /10

8. I Don’t Give A – 3/10

9. I’m A Sinner – 5/10

12. Falling Free – 5/10

14. I Fucked Up – 5/10

Kill yourself.

1. Girl Gone Wild 4/5

WHEW WHEW WHEW, PASS MY HEELS.

2. Gang Bang 5/5

I've never heard THE UNIVERSE turned into a song. NOW I HAVE.

3. I'm Addicted 5/5

WHHHHEEWWWW.

4. Turn Up The Radio 3.5/5

It's catchy, it's sungguh, it's a little bit of dance sunshine.

5. Give Me A Bucket 2.5/5

If i'm IN THE MOOD for the WHOLE album, i don't MIND hearing it, I MAY EVEN TAPPITY TAP MY FOOT A LITTLE, but i don't know i'm doing it. Let's just say it's on my iPod.

6. Some Girls 5/5

OMG.

7. Superstar 2/5

It's a bit shit isn't it? but it's OKAY for now because it's "new", otherwise, it's skip central. Eventually it will be taken off my iPod. RIP [/blackTearsPhaggot].

8. I Don't Give A 4/5

It's a little Kate Winselt, a little anal porn, two great combos.

9. I'm A Sinner 4/5

A grower, i really like it, makes me feel happy without inverting my testicles.

10. Love Sven 4/5

Lush!

11. Masterpiss 5/5

I just LOVE it. I don't even know why. It's not really THAT spectacular really, but it just grabs me so! Will def wear a big Spanish dress to this song.

12. Falling Free 3.5/5

A grower. Nice production, pretty, very darling, very Abrahamesque, like a dream.

13. Beautiful Killer 4/5

LETS GO FOR A DRIVE, maybe we can park and you can blow me too, we'll see.

14. I Fucked Up 4/5

A real MONGOOSE of a song.

15. Death Song 1/5

Look, i get it, it's very sweet, i'll give it that, but too much sweet can make you feel sick, and this makes me want to spew bubblegum ice-cream all over all your faggot faces. How she goes from Gang Bang to this i don't really understand, maybe dating children inspired her to write this Sesame St anthem? who knows. It's NO Kate Winslet, that's for sure.

16. Best Friend 3.5/5

Good fun, but not for everyone.

17. Give Me A Bucket [LMFAO remix or something] -/5

Who cares :rotfl:

One of her best albums tbh.

15. Death Song 1/5

Look, i get it, it's very sweet, i'll give it that, but too much sweet can make you feel sick, and this makes me want to spew bubblegum ice-cream all over all your faggot faces. How she goes from Gang Bang to this i don't really understand, maybe dating children inspired her to write this Sesame St anthem? who knows. It's NO Kate Winslet, that's for sure.

I don't agree but this made me laugh my ass off something ugly. You've endeared yourself to me with this one. I forgive you for all the dick-y things you've said to me. I'd blow you off this comment alone—yes I am a whore darlin'.

01) "Girl Gone Wild" 10/10

02) "Gang Bang" 25/10

03) "I'm Addicted" 8/10

04) "Turn Up The Radio" 11/10

05) "Give Me All Your Luvin'" 8/10

06) "Some Girls" 9/10

07) "Superstar" 9/10

08) "I Don't Give A" 6/10

09) "I'm A Sinner" 20/10

10) "Love Spent" 12/10

11) "Masterpiece" 8/10

12) "Falling Free" 25/10

BONUS TRACKS:

13) "Beautiful Killer" 8/10

14) "I Fucked Up" 10/10

15) "B-Day Song" 20/10

16) "Best Friend" 8/10

17) "(GMAYL - Party Rock Remix)" BIG JOKE

I am going to review the shit...

After being very worried when "Give Me All Your Luvin'" leaked and subsequently became the first single (sorry, Nicki and MIA don't add much to the original), I am pleasantly surprised. Well, maybe not surprised. Even on M's more disappointing efforts I can pan for some gold in the dry riverbed(and usually I find it). However, there was nothing to fear because despite opening this era with the musical equivalent of a pussy fart (GMAYL), she followed up with an hour-long hurricane of jagged and lethal dance music (sometimes literally). Tucked into the aftermath of the storm are some beautiful little coves represented by some of her finest (and most mature) balladry. I do feel like the first half of the record (or maybe even the first 3/4's) is a non-stop pummeling. So let's dissect this track by track...

1. "Girls Gone Wild" B

A high-energy marathon of synths and drum machines, this somewhat Eurotrash-y offering certainly packs the energetic punch of a lead Madonna single, but does come across a little simplistic. The video is killer, so I ended up liking the song even more after seeing its visual interpretation. One thing I do not like about it is that it sounds like the recent Chris Brown material (which I believe was also produced by Benassi) as well as a lot of other "hot" dance trends which have been popular since last year. Not cutting edge, but fun and celebratory. Which really is not a bad way to kick off your "post-second-divorce" album either.

2. "Gang Bang" A+

She doesn't waste any time getting down to business and this song packs a wallop. Immediately took a place in my Top 3 favorites on this album. The threatening beat, the dark lyrics, and the industrial synth licks...OMG. I cannot wait to see this live. I don't quite get why she renamed this "Gang Bang" because the song would be fine to keep its original name. Seems like a last minute hair-brained idea for shock value. The song speaks for itself and doesn't need a provocative title to blow you away (IMO). Would love to see and hear more from "44Magnum-donna." I love the "Drive bitch and while you're at DIE bitch!" Bitch has lost her mind and I love it!

3. "I'm Addicted" A+

Weird. Disjointed. An electronic jigsaw. While I originally liked this song when I heard the 60 sec clip, I was uncertain how the whole thing would unfold. Well, this joint is a fucking cobra!! I think this might be my favorite track right now. The twisting, winding digital effects and the unexpectedly interesting lyrics ("when did your name change from language to magic?" = HEAVEN) make for a fascinating club cut. I don't think this would probably make a good single (too weird for radio)

4. "Turn Up the Radio" A-

I still say this would've been the best first single, however I do have some gripes about this one. It's still a poppy ride on a summer wind for sure, but even though I couldn't make out the words in that Solveig demo with Sunday Girl, I felt like the song should've stayed closer to that incarnation. There was something more pure and simple about it (or at least the way Jade sang it). Some of that magic still remains in Madonna's version, and it's definitely a standout track, but I feel like Madonna shoe-horned in too many of her own lyrics ("nothing is what it seems" etc.). And where the fuck did the awesome cheerleader section go that was in the original demo's second verse? I'm telling you, if Madonna had just taken this track AS IS (like she did with Mirwais' "Paradise") and performed it at the Super Bowl with the cheerleader bits, BAM - nuclear bomb style opening to the era. Anyway, I'm just crying over spilled milk. I still hope this song is a single and I would love a video of Madonna full of camp and color.

5. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" D

I really bag on this song a lot. Probably more than I should. As far as first singles go, "American Life" is the WORST in my book, but this one is the runner up. At least "American Life" was believable in the sense that I actually believed what she was singing about - materialism, nannies and jets. Stupid, but hey, it's her life and I believe it. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is just too pedestrian for me. I feel like she wrote the song in 2 seconds with help from her kids. I don't feel transported to a place of joy or thought. It's mindless and not even in a fun way (to me anyway). I could see this easily as a B-side or a bonus track on the album, but not the harbinger of the forceful storm we finally got.

6. "Some Girls" B+

I am actually surprised that Orbit produced this...the attitude and verbal strut isn't typical of him. I am used to seeing oceanic landscapes or escape pods in outer space when I listen to his stuff. This track feels like cold steel and acidic glitter. Fat-bottom synths, echo chamber vocals, and washed out percussion make for a killer tune.

7. "Superstar" B-

Silly fun and corniness in a blender, but it makes a nice smoothie. Abe Lincoln? :lol: I do think the guitar riff is sunshine in the form of sound. This along with "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "I'm A Sinner" have an almost 60's poprock vibe. I dig it. I can't really notice Lola on this but it's a fun thought that she's in the mix.

8. "I Don't Give A" A-

I said this in another thread and I mean it: This is probably one of the most AUTHENTIC Madonna hiphop-ish tracks ever produced (and by Solveig no less). Probably one of her more honest and legitimate gripe tracks ever. It reminds me of a Notorious BIG track from the 90's...big on beat but dancefloor-ready. It even has a grand choir exit. I also seems like an anthem for single moms and I like the novelty of that. What superstar has ever sang about single mom concerns and problems - and made it danceable? Nicki's rap is pretty hot too...when she says "DaDa" you can practically hear the gun shells on the floor. This is a Gaga diss fo' sho'...

9. "I'm A Sinner" B

The vocal melody almost seems Middle Eastern in a way. The guitar recalls sonic photographs of "Amazing" and "Beautiful Stranger" - and it's all beach balls and orgies on the sand and surf. I don't know if there is much of a climax. The incantation of the Saints adds a mini Catholic school primer, and it serves to provide an interesting break. I like this track...it seems like it might be a grower.

10. "Love Spent" A+

Gorgeous. This is the third track to fight for the top of my list (along with "Gang Bang" and "I'm Addicted"). I love the folksy banjo entrance, and when the grand synths and clashes kick in halfway through...I am laid to waste. Creamy pop goodness spread thick with majestic strings and an absolutely overpowering hook..."Love spent, yeah I'm love spent. Feeling love spent, wondering where it all went?" Heartbreaking beauty if ever there was such a sight.

11. "Masterpiece" B-

I think this is a pleasant track and the lyrics are pretty decent. I enjoy it, but having heard this so many times, it pales next to the other magnificent cuts on this record. It's still lovely, but more understated than the rest of this roaring album.

12. "Falling Free" B

I can't help but think the style of this song recalls Guy Ritchie's pub songs. There is something almost Celtic about it...but wrapped in a twisted, melancholy mask. Lyrics that cut straight to the bone. Fantastic vocal...she doesn't even do that annoying thing with her "rrr's" in this song. Subtle flute distortions and descending piano keys help set the stage for a story about a shipwreck of a relationship. Great closer to the record. Despite so many hardcore fans loving this, I don't feel an immediately connection to it even though I think it is as perfect as a stained glass church window.

BONUS TRACKS:

1. "Beautiful Killer" B-

There is something that reminds me of Pat Benatar in this song. It does feel 80's retro, and I like the cushy beat...but I fail to see what the raving was about from some of the early critics. It's fun, but not fantastic in my book.

2. "I Fucked Up" A

WHY oh WHY isn't this on the regular album? Although the opening FUCK lands with a anvil-like thud, this track blossoms into a rich story of regret. The bridge with all the lost opportunities of things she wishes she could've done (or maybe did do) is pure poetic gold. I feel like this song really builds into a great head but leaves you feeling sad. Madonna says she never looks back, but obviously she does here and I feel that is a very refreshing perspective. It lends some vulnerability to our "Cast Iron Bitch Goddess". And I love her all the more for it. :inlove:

3. "B-Day Song" C

Total bonus track material. Throwaway fluff. Although I like this even better than "GMAYL" and its swill. I can totally hear MIA's contribution so I don't know what people were saying when they claimed she wasn't on it.

4. "Best Friend"

I'll have to give this a full review later when I hear the whole thing. What I heard sounds ok, but I can see why it is a bonus track.

5. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" (LMFAO Mix) C-

Fuck off already. Well, you are slightly more entertaining than your original counterpart.

Album (music): A-

Artwork: A+

Marketing Thus Far: C-

Videos so far: A

01 Girl Gone Wild 8.5/10

02 Gang Bang 9/10

03 I'm Addicted 10/10

04 Turn Up The Radio 7/10

05 Give Me All Your Luvin' (ft. M.I.A & Nicki Minaj) 7/10

06 Some Girls 4/10

07 Superstar 6/10

08 I Don't Give A (ft. Nicki Minaj) 8/10