Review/Rate/Rank MDNA

Guest Xanthium

Having just listened to the full album I think this ranks along side Music & Confessions On A Dancefloor as her strongest albums of this century. I would've dropped Girl Gone Wild & Give Me All Your Luvin, and released Turn Up The Radio & Gang Bang as the first 2 singles,overall I give the album 8/10. Can't wait to hear the songs performed live on tour. In my opinion MDNA now stands for Madonna Dancing Night Away!!! Xx

1. GGW (3.5/5) - generic dance song but the chorus is super catchy! I wish I were the producer instead. Even me would've saved the underwhelming production!

2. Gang Bang (4.5/5) - Dark. Edgy. Aggressive. BANG!

3. I'm Addicted (4/5) - The production is OFF DA HOOK!!!The melody could've been stronger thought

4. Turn Up The Radio (5/5) - POP PERFECTION. Easy, breezy, beautiful *cough*

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' (4.5/5) - her most underrated song to date. cute production, strong chorus, unpretentious pop at its best.

6. Some Girls (2.5/5) - No thx. This belongs to some other girls. weak vocal, weak melody, weak hook, weak production.

7. Superstar (3/5) - It's OKAY....served its purpose as a filler

8. I Don't Give A (3.5/5) - M-Dolla is BACK bitches! Nicki's verse slays!!!

9. I'm A Sinner (4/5) - I love Beautiful Killer and Amazing. That says it all.

10. Love Spent (4.5/5) - First half(5/5);second half(4/5). Feels like a journey to me!!

11. Masterpiece (4.5/5) - breathtaking ballad and I can relate to the lyrics SO MUCH. But I agree - this doesn't fit the album

12. Falling Free (3.5/5) - Lovely ballad. Should've just ended at 3:18. It DRAGS for soooo fucking long

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Beautiful Killer (4/5) - a great pop song and that's it.

2. I Fucked Up (3.5/5) - I love the part when the beat starts to kick off. Chorus is boring though

3. B-Day Song (4/5) - LOVES it! cute and fun!

4. Best Friend (4/5) - I'm not feeling the production but the relatable lyrics make up for that!

Overall: 4/5

gorgeous review. :inlove:

1. GGW (3.5/5) - generic dance song but the chorus is super catchy! I wish I were the producer instead. Even me would've saved the underwhelming production!

2. Gang Bang (4.5/5) - Dark. Edgy. Aggressive. BANG!

3. I'm Addicted (4/5) - The production is OFF DA HOOK!!!The melody could've been stronger thought

4. Turn Up The Radio (5/5) - POP PERFECTION. Easy, breezy, beautiful *cough*

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' (4.5/5) - her most underrated song to date. cute production, strong chorus, unpretentious pop at its best.

6. Some Girls (2.5/5) - No thx. This belongs to some other girls. weak vocal, weak melody, weak hook, weak production.

7. Superstar (3/5) - It's OKAY....served its purpose as a filler

8. I Don't Give A (3.5/5) - M-Dolla is BACK bitches! Nicki's verse slays!!!

9. I'm A Sinner (4/5) - I love Beautiful Killer and Amazing. That says it all.

10. Love Spent (4.5/5) - First half(5/5);second half(4/5). Feels like a journey to me!!

11. Masterpiece (4.5/5) - breathtaking ballad and I can relate to the lyrics SO MUCH. But I agree - this doesn't fit the album

12. Falling Free (3.5/5) - Lovely ballad. Should've just ended at 3:18. It DRAGS for soooo fucking long

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Beautiful Killer (4/5) - a great pop song and that's it.

2. I Fucked Up (3.5/5) - I love the part when the beat starts to kick off. Chorus is boring though

3. B-Day Song (4/5) - LOVES it! cute and fun!

4. Best Friend (4/5) - I'm not feeling the production but the relatable lyrics make up for that!

Overall: 4/5

+1 YOU mirrored what i was thinking.

Even though I pretty much agreed with everything Loowee rated, i'll just post my super quick score-only ranking

1. Girls Gone Wild - 4/5

2. Gang Bang - 3.5/5 (EDGY but not my fav!)

3. I'm Addicted - 5/5

4. Turn Up The Radio - 3.5/5

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' - 3/5

6. Some Girls 2.5/5

7. Superstar 3.5/5

8. I Don't Give A 3/5

9. I'm A Sinner 4/5

10. Love Spent 5/5

11. Masterpiece 4/5

12. Falling Free 2.5/5) - Loowee said it best: "It DRAGS for soooo fucking long"

1. Beautiful Killer 4.5/5

2. I Fucked Up 3.5/5

3. B-Day Song 3/5

4. Best Friend 3.5/5

OVERALL THE ALBUM is a 4/5. My top 3 Madonna albums!

1. GGW- 2/5

2. Gang Bang- 4/5

3. I'm Addicted 4/5

4. Turn Up The Radio 4/5

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' 3/5

6. Some Girls 5/5

7. Superstar 5/5

8. I Don't Give A 5/5

9. I'm A Sinner 2/5

10. Love Spent 3/5

11. Masterpiece 2/5

12. Falling Free 3/5

Bonus Tracks:

1. Beautiful Killer 2/5

2. I Fucked Up 3/5

3. B-Day Song 2/5

4. Best Friend 2/5

1. Girl Gone Wild 10

2. Gang Bang 11/10

3. I'm Addicted 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio 10/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin 10/10

6. Some Girls 10/10

7. I Don't Give A 9/10

8. I'm A Sinner 10/10

9. Love Spent 10/10

10. Masterpiece 10/10

11. Falling Free 10/10

12. I Fucked Up 10/10

13. B-Day Song 7/10

14. Superstar 9/10

15. Beautiful Killer 10/10

16. Best Friend 9/10

Splendid. Refuse to listen to the Party Rock mix of "GMAYL" though.

01. Girl Gone Wild 08/10

02. Gang Bang 10/10

03. I'm Addicted 08/10

04. Turn Up the Radio 09/10

05. Give Me All Your Luvin' 07/10

06. Some Girls 08/10

07. Superstar 09/10

08. I Don't Give A 08/10

09. I'm a Sinner 09/10

10. Love Spent 10/10

11. Masterpiece 08/10

12. Falling Free 10/10

13. Beautiful Killer 09/10

14. I Fucked Up 09/10

15. B-Day Song 08/10

16. Best Friend 08/10

Mdna album 09.5/10

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i know everyone has basically said all there is to be said, but dammit, I WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR THE ALBUM TO COME OUT SO I CAN FINALLY TALK ABOUT IT WITH YOU BITCHES AND I WILL HAVE MY SAY. :queenbitch:

now, here we go...for the two of you who care...ahem...

1. Girl Gone Wild - sure, maybe not the most original song in her catalog, but whatever. i've loved this skanky piece of trash-pop since i first heard it. perfect opening to the album...that prayer gets me everytime, and i still HAVE to thrust my hips to the 'desiii-i-i-i-iiire' bits. i wish it could be the smash it so deserves to be but oh well. i love it anyway. 10/10

2. Gang Bang- this one took me a minute, honestly. i've been fascinated by this one since it was 'bang bang' (what was the point in changing the title anyway?) and practically raped the replay button when we got that snippet, so i was a bit confused when i didn't love it immediately. the vocals irked me and the ending was a bit jarring...HOWEVER, upon repeated listening, this fucker just HIT me. that beat is absolutely SICK and i now adore how she sounds increasingly crazier as the song progresses. that "DRIIIIIIIIIVE BIIIIIIIITCH!!!" bit is LIFE. 10/10

3. I'm Addicted - not quite what i was anticipating based on the clip we got, and another one that seemed to be a letdown at first but, like with most of this album, it really clicked with me by the second or third listen. it's like a mash-up of 'impressive instant', 'future lovers' and 'rescue me' and that could never be a bad thing. and the lyrics? :dramatic: i love everything about this...the buildup and climax is stunning, and the whole affair is just so damn sexy. i know it's doubtful, but i'd love a single release/video for this. 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio - euphoric. even though i'm one of GMAYL'S biggest defenders, this would have made a great first single as well. it's classic M, and fits in perfectly with her other big, dance anthems. i really hope we get another ace video for this one. it deserves it. 10/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' - i don't care what anyone else says. this is easily one of my favorite songs M has done in recent years, and if i ever get around to making a list of my favorite M songs, i'm sure it'd rank somewhere in the top 20 AT LEAST. 10/10

6. Some Girls - WHY DID MOST OF THE REVIEWS DISMISS THIS?!?! it's like a robyn track, without the pretentious hipster shit, but still pure madonna MAGIC. hard to believe orbit had a hand in this. although 'ray of light' is my favorite madonna album, i wasnt too thrilled with him coming back again, as i figured all his shit would be nothing but whale farts and guitar loops straight out of 1998, but he really outdid himself on MDNA, keeping it familiar while still fresh. love the bridge on this one. 10/10

7. Superstar - i absolutely ADORED the preview, but hearing the full thing something just seems...off. i still love it, and certainly don't find it to be mere filler like many here, but something about the drum loop and the bass annoys me. it could have done with a 'crisper' sound, if that makes sense. still, a cute little track, and i actually really like the lyrics. sure, theyre not deep or groundbreaking, but they work in the context of the song. 9/10

8. I Don't Give A - :wow: such a badass song, and nicki absolutely KILLS IT. this is madonna tackling hip-hop THE RIGHT WAY. it's effortlessly cool and urban while still sounding like MADONNA. love it. 10/10

9. I'm A Sinner- another grower. i absolutely ADORE the bridge, and despite my initial thoughts that it was merely passable filler, i actually think this will end up being one of my favorites. hope she brings it out on tour. 10/10

10. Love Spent- oh WOW. i think i was one of the only ones who DIDN'T love the clip, and when some of the reviews started mentioned things like "banjo' and ' "hung up" reference' i cringed, but this song is LIFE. i always wondered if we'd ever get to hear what she thought of guy running off with her money, and here it is. i love the mix of bitchiness in the song mixed in with a kind of longing. and although i found the way a lot of the songs on 'hard candy' morphed as they progressed a bit jarring, this one works PERFECTLY. easily a favorite from this album, and sure to be one of my all time M faves when all is said and done. superb. 10/10

11. Masterpiece - loved it the first time i heard it, still love it now. fits in quite well on the album, and dare i say it seems to sound better when surrounded by the rest of the album. i know many find it blah, but i think it's stunning. 10/10

12. Falling Free- i was looking forward to this when it started getting compared to DW/SFL, as that is my all time favorite M track, so i wasnt too impressed when i first heard it. but again, repeat listens brought it to life, and although i still dont hear the DW/SFL comparison, i do hear shades of 'has to be', another fave of mine, and i love her voice on this. the lyrics are sublime, and it's a perfect way to end the standard album. i'm sure this will grow on me even more over time. 10/10

13. Beautiful Killer - not quite the stunner the reviews made it out to be, but still a great track, and would have been a worthy addition to the regular album. wish the strings were a bit more prominent and i think that last line is a clunker, but that bridge almost makes up for it. all in all, it's a sexy little track, and given her stinginess with b-sides and bonus tracks, i'll take what i can get. 9.5/10

14. I Fucked Up - probably my least favorite of all the songs. it's pleasant enough, and again, given her history of not giving us bonuses, i'll take it, but i can see why it didn't make the main album. maybe it'll grow on me. 8/10

15. B-Day Song - I LOVE THIS. i see most have their claws out for it, but i think it's awesome. i can see why it was cut as it doesn't really have much of a structure, but it's easily my favorite of the bonus tracks. i love the fun, carefree vibe it has, and i think MIA works extremely well. a shame the album wasnt released a week earlier...this would have been my JAM on my birthday. :lol:10/10

16. Best Friend - not what i was expecting given benassi's involvement, and i hated it at first...i thought it sounded like something she recorded for 'hard candy', but after first loving just the lyrics, the production finally got to me, and now i like it a lot. again, easy to see why it was left off the main edition, but it's probably the most confessional song here, so it still fits in with the rest. 9/10

17GMAYL (Party Rock Remix) - pointless. an edit of the demolition crew remix, or justin cognito's GGW would have been a much better choice if they HAD to throw a remix on here. doubt i'll be keeping this one on my album playlist. it's jarring amid all the other songs, and its just a fucking SHIT remix to boot. 0/10

18. Love Spent (Acoustic) - this song is stunning in any form. wish they had left the effects off her vocals for this version though. still stellar though. 10/10

overall, it's an amazing album, and well worth the wait. it's everything i expected and wanted it to be, yet nothing like either at the same time...and of course, it went above and beyond both. each song is different, but the album flows beautifully and feels totally coherent. i really love how she mixed the beats with some of her most confessional lyrics ever. the whole album is just so STUNNING. it's easily ranking up there with my top M albums, and i can honestly seeing it taking COADF's place as my 2nd favorite soon, and possibly displacing ROL from the top eventually. fuck the promo, the singles, whatever problems one may have with this era...it all comes down to the music, and THIS is SUPERB music. the perfect comeback album, and how pop music SHOULD be done. if anyone needs any more proof as to why madonna is the one true QUEEN, they need to look no further than MDNA. i'm so proud of her. 9.5/10

i know everyone has basically said all there is to be said, but dammit, I WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR THE ALBUM TO COME OUT SO I CAN FINALLY TALK ABOUT IT WITH YOU BITCHES AND I WILL HAVE MY SAY. :queenbitch:

now, here we go...for the two of you who care...ahem...

1. Girl Gone Wild - sure, maybe not the most original song in her catalog, but whatever. i've loved this skanky piece of trash-pop since i first heard it. perfect opening to the album...that prayer gets me everytime, and i still HAVE to thrust my hips to the 'desiii-i-i-i-iiire' bits. i wish it could be the smash it so deserves to be but oh well. i love it anyway. 10/10

2. Gang Bang- this one took me a minute, honestly. i've been fascinated by this one since it was 'bang bang' (what was the point in changing the title anyway?) and practically raped the replay button when we got that snippet, so i was a bit confused when i didn't love it immediately. the vocals irked me and the ending was a bit jarring...HOWEVER, upon repeated listening, this fucker just HIT me. that beat is absolutely SICK and i now adore how she sounds increasingly crazier as the song progresses. that "DRIIIIIIIIIVE BIIIIIIIITCH!!!" bit is LIFE. 10/10

3. I'm Addicted - not quite what i was anticipating based on the clip we got, and another one that seemed to be a letdown at first but, like with most of this album, it really clicked with me by the second or third listen. it's like a mash-up of 'impressive instant', 'future lovers' and 'rescue me' and that could never be a bad thing. and the lyrics? :dramatic: i love everything about this...the buildup and climax is stunning, and the whole affair is just so damn sexy. i know it's doubtful, but i'd love a single release/video for this. 10/10

4. Turn Up The Radio - euphoric. even though i'm one of GMAYL'S biggest defenders, this would have made a great first single as well. it's classic M, and fits in perfectly with her other big, dance anthems. i really hope we get another ace video for this one. it deserves it. 10/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' - i don't care what anyone else says. this is easily one of my favorite songs M has done in recent years, and if i ever get around to making a list of my favorite M songs, i'm sure it'd rank somewhere in the top 20 AT LEAST. 10/10

6. Some Girls - WHY DID MOST OF THE REVIEWS DISMISS THIS?!?! it's like a robyn track, without the pretentious hipster shit, but still pure madonna MAGIC. hard to believe orbit had a hand in this. although 'ray of light' is my favorite madonna album, i wasnt too thrilled with him coming back again, as i figured all his shit would be nothing but whale farts and guitar loops straight out of 1998, but he really outdid himself on MDNA, keeping it familiar while still fresh. love the bridge on this one. 10/10

7. Superstar - i absolutely ADORED the preview, but hearing the full thing something just seems...off. i still love it, and certainly don't find it to be mere filler like many here, but something about the drum loop and the bass annoys me. it could have done with a 'crisper' sound, if that makes sense. still, a cute little track, and i actually really like the lyrics. sure, theyre not deep or groundbreaking, but they work in the context of the song. 9/10

8. I Don't Give A - :wow: such a badass song, and nicki absolutely KILLS IT. this is madonna tackling hip-hop THE RIGHT WAY. it's effortlessly cool and urban while still sounding like MADONNA. love it. 10/10

9. I'm A Sinner- another grower. i absolutely ADORE the bridge, and despite my initial thoughts that it was merely passable filler, i actually think this will end up being one of my favorites. hope she brings it out on tour. 10/10

10. Love Spent- oh WOW. i think i was one of the only ones who DIDN'T love the clip, and when some of the reviews started mentioned things like "banjo' and ' "hung up" reference' i cringed, but this song is LIFE. i always wondered if we'd ever get to hear what she thought of guy running off with her money, and here it is. i love the mix of bitchiness in the song mixed in with a kind of longing. and although i found the way a lot of the songs on 'hard candy' morphed as they progressed a bit jarring, this one works PERFECTLY. easily a favorite from this album, and sure to be one of my all time M faves when all is said and done. superb. 10/10

11. Masterpiece - loved it the first time i heard it, still love it now. fits in quite well on the album, and dare i say it seems to sound better when surrounded by the rest of the album. i know many find it blah, but i think it's stunning. 10/10

12. Falling Free- i was looking forward to this when it started getting compared to DW/SFL, as that is my all time favorite M track, so i wasnt too impressed when i first heard it. but again, repeat listens brought it to life, and although i still dont hear the DW/SFL comparison, i do hear shades of 'has to be', another fave of mine, and i love her voice on this. the lyrics are sublime, and it's a perfect way to end the standard album. i'm sure this will grow on me even more over time. 10/10

13. Beautiful Killer - not quite the stunner the reviews made it out to be, but still a great track, and would have been a worthy addition to the regular album. wish the strings were a bit more prominent and i think that last line is a clunker, but that bridge almost makes up for it. all in all, it's a sexy little track, and given her stinginess with b-sides and bonus tracks, i'll take what i can get. 9.5/10

14. I Fucked Up - probably my least favorite of all the songs. it's pleasant enough, and again, given her history of not giving us bonuses, i'll take it, but i can see why it didn't make the main album. maybe it'll grow on me. 8/10

15. B-Day Song - I LOVE THIS. i see most have their claws out for it, but i think it's awesome. i can see why it was cut as it doesn't really have much of a structure, but it's easily my favorite of the bonus tracks. i love the fun, carefree vibe it has, and i think MIA works extremely well. a shame the album wasnt released a week earlier...this would have been my JAM on my birthday. :lol:10/10

16. Best Friend - not what i was expecting given benassi's involvement, and i hated it at first...i thought it sounded like something she recorded for 'hard candy', but after first loving just the lyrics, the production finally got to me, and now i like it a lot. again, easy to see why it was left off the main edition, but it's probably the most confessional song here, so it still fits in with the rest. 9/10

17GMAYL (Party Rock Remix) - pointless. an edit of the demolition crew remix, or justin cognito's GGW would have been a much better choice if they HAD to throw a remix on here. doubt i'll be keeping this one on my album playlist. it's jarring amid all the other songs, and its just a fucking SHIT remix to boot. 0/10

18. Love Spent (Acoustic) - this song is stunning in any form. wish they had left the effects off her vocals for this version though. still stellar though. 10/10

overall, it's an amazing album, and well worth the wait. it's everything i expected and wanted it to be, yet nothing like either at the same time...and of course, it went above and beyond both. each song is different, but the album flows beautifully and feels totally coherent. i really love how she mixed the beats with some of her most confessional lyrics ever. the whole album is just so STUNNING. it's easily ranking up there with my top M albums, and i can honestly seeing it taking COADF's place as my 2nd favorite soon, and possibly displacing ROL from the top eventually. fuck the promo, the singles, whatever problems one may have with this era...it all comes down to the music, and THIS is SUPERB music. the perfect comeback album, and how pop music SHOULD be done. if anyone needs any more proof as to why madonna is the one true QUEEN, they need to look no further than MDNA. i'm so proud of her. 9.5/10

Wow we have a lot of the same opinions! Great review! I also don't know why everyone isn't bowing to Some Girls. Your description of the mix of bitchiness and longing in Love Spent is spot on!

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Wow we have a lot of the same opinions! Great review! I also don't know why everyone isn't bowing to Some Girls. Your description of the mix of bitchiness and longing in Love Spent is spot on!

:D thanks. it felt good to finally be able to say SOMETHING about the album after seeing everyone else talk about it. it IS amazing though. are you gonna post your own? im interested to see what those of us who waited think about it.

Girl Gone Wild 3.5/5

Gang Bang 5/5

I'm Addicted 5/5

Turn Up The Radio 5/5

Give Me All Your Luvin 3.5/5

Some Girls 4.5/5

Superstar 3/5

I Don't Give A 4.5/5

I'm A Sinner 4.5/5

Love Spent 4/5 (wish it was more like the last half)

Masterpiece 3.5/5

Falling Free 5/5

--------

Beautiful Killer 4.5/5

I Fucked Up 4.5/5

B'Day Song 2.5/5

Best Friend 1/5

I'll have to let the album sink in before I know where it ranks in my Madonna album discography but I know for sure it's probably in the top 3.

I'm a ranking type of guy.... so here goes.

Gang Bang - 10/10

I'm a Sinner - 9/10

I'm Addicted - 9/10

Beautiful Killer - 9/10

Masterpiece - 8/10

Love Spent - 8/10

Some Girls - 8/10

B-Day Song - 8/10

Turn Up the Radio - 7/10

Superstar - 7/10

Falling Free - 7/10

Girl Gone Wild - 7/10

I Fucked Up - 6/10

I Don't Give A - 6/10

Give Me All Your Luvin' - 6/10

Best Friend - 4/10

Love the album. Here's my iTunes review. I rate every album I listen to, then use the information to come up with smart playlists for my iTunes & iPhone. So, here it is. The grouping keywords are used for the smart playlists:

screenshot20120326at215.png

Best Friend was originally rated 3 stars... then I later changed it to 4 stars. I'm unsure about that one.

Listen to the whole cd in full blasting out driving along,The album is like going out on a night out all pumped up ready and hoping to meet a hot guy then the ending being the going home alone and to your bed with just you and the after effects. 9/10 Loving it!

Superstar and B-day were much better than I expected :)

Girl Gone Wild - 9

Gang Bang - 10

I'm Addicted - 10

Turn Up The Radio - 7

Give Me All Your Luvin' - 8

Some Girls - 10

Superstar - 7

I Don't Give A - 8

I'm A Sinner - 10

Love Spent - 10

Masterpiece - 10

Falling Free - 10

Beautiful Killer - 10

I Fucked Up - 10

B-Day Song - 8

Best Friend - 9

Love Spent-Acoustic-10

Give Me All Your Luvin' *LMFAO RMX* - 8

Listen to the whole cd in full blasting out driving along,The album is like going out on a night out all pumped up ready and hoping to meet a hot guy then the ending being the going home alone and to your bed with just you and the after effects. 9/10 Loving it!

Superstar and B-day were much better than I expected :)

I adore those two. :inlove: