"I'm Addicted" Appreciation Thread

Ugly Hecty

Easily the best song on the album. Thought so on first listen of the album. This should've beenthe lead single - it would have been perfect promotion for the album and a massive hit at leat in Europe if not in the US.

My favourite moment on the whole album is the key change at the very end with em dee em ay, em-dee-em-ay.

Second favourite moment is the beginning of the second verse, 'Now that your name pumps like the blood in my veins....'

i like the choreography on tour but wish it was for a different song. so right about how this should have ended the show....why oh why she chose Celebration to end the show is just mindblowing.

Those two songs should be switched on tour...(well i would rather Celebration just not be performed at all actually)

• 3 weeks later...

Probably my favourite off the album and the performance KICKS ASS!

I wasnt too fond of it in the beginning because I expected a fiull on dance explosion but after watching a gazillion of videos of it and after seeing it in person I absolutely LOVE the live performance now, it works really well

Also can I just say how INCREDIBLE the silver outfit looks. The videos don't do it justice AT ALL. It's like she's convered in diamonds,. Really looks amazing!

i still belive everything could happen couse this era is minblowing by crazy desissions.

you are right..it would be perfect encore. everybody could sing MDNA like they did with TIME GOES BY SO SLOWLY. but we should apreciate her choises anyway. the song is on the setlist and we have great coreography. it is very Drowned Tour style i think. like frozen+sky fits heaven style. dont you think?

anyway.

i belive there will be more videos...singles...surprising small shows...and who knows what else

I'm Addicted gained its very own wikipedia article!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Addicted

Oh God, I loved the article, I adore this song! Should have been the lead single! Okay here my thougts of the ideal MDNA campaign.

*Masterpiece - release as a WE single in early december, added as a bonus on MDNA.

*I'm Addicted - release as the lead single of MDNA in early january.

+Super Bowl - Vogue, Music, GMAYL (non-single performance just because of the game and the featured artists), ending with I'm Addicted (1 month of public exposure with an amazing performance, LAP out, yes is life, but is also a thunder stealer).

*MDNA - album release one day after the Super Bowl halftime.

*Gang Bang - release as the second single in april with a Tarantino video.

*MDNA Tour - starts in 31 may. Yes, she would have no problem starting the tour this soon because IA and GB are already hits.

*Turn Up The Radio - release as the third single in july with the Florence video, I loved it.

*Girl Gone Wild - release as the fourth single in october. She could record the video in the week off between the european and the american leg. I see no problem in doing the exact same video.

*Falling Free - release as the fifth and last single in january. Performance on the Grammy's.

That's what I would suggest to Madonna if I were her manager. Suck it Guy!

http://en.wikipedia....'m_Addicted

Oh God, I loved the article, I adore this song! Should have been the lead single! Okay here my thougts of the ideal MDNA campaign.

*Masterpiece - release as a WE single in early december, added as a bonus on MDNA.

+Super Bowl - Vogue, Music, GMAYL (non-single performance just because of the game and the featured artists), ending with I'm Addicted (1 month of public exposure with an amazing performance, LAP out, yes is life, but is also a thunder stealer).

*MDNA Tour - starts in 31 may. Yes, she would have no problem starting the tour this soon because IA and GB are already hits.

*Turn Up The Radio - release as the third single in july with the Florence video, I loved it.

*Girl Gone Wild - release as the fourth single in october. She could record the video in the week off between the european and the american leg. I see no problem in doing the exact same video.

*Falling Free - release as the fifth and last single in january. Performance on the Grammy's.

wow wow wow!!!!

I'm Addicted should have been the lead single.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/I'm_Addicted

I'm Addicted followed by Gang Bang as the second single? Nah, that would have been way too RISQUE as both songs are not vey commercial. Not that it matters very much since her commercial singles are flopping too but still...Gang Bang should have been the first single with a controversial video, then Love Spent as the second single as it's pure Madonna, very melodic and catchy, radio friendly and a fan favorite. I'm Addicted maybe as the 4th or 5th single.

I'm Addicted followed by Gang Bang as the second single? Nah, that would have been way too RISQUE as both songs are not vey commercial. Not that it matters very much since her commercial singles are flopping too but still...Gang Bang should have been the first single with a controversial video, then Love Spent as the second single as it's pure Madonna, very melodic and catchy, radio friendly and a fan favorite. I'm Addicted maybe as the 4th or 5th single.

I'm Addicted may not be commercial but it's perfect to promote the album. It's the song that best represent it's title. It's like Music in the Music album and American Life in the American Life album, it's completely attached to the MDNA name and theme.

I'm Addicted may not be commercial but it's perfect to promote the album. It's the song that best represent it's title. It's like Music in the Music album and American Life in the American Life album, it's completely attached to the MDNA name and theme.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest SuperPop

its magic has kind of wore off

it is still a really great song (one of the best in MDNA) but I HATE the fact that they fucked up with the production..I mean wtf with this anemic/weak bass-line?..it could have been the perfect dance-house song but it lacks the energy/punch

in any case the middle 8 and the last 1 minute of the song are pure ecstasy

its magic has kind of wore off

it is still a really great song (one of the best in MDNA) but I HATE the fact that they fucked up with the production..I mean wtf with this anemic/weak bass-line?..it could have been the perfect dance-house song but it lacks the energy/punch

in any case the middle 8 and the last 1 minute of the song are pure ecstasy

I'm sad to have to concur - but for the past month or so I've been craving a real BASS to just blow this thing up on my speakers. Particularly after "I need to dance!"

defs would have made a great lead single. as someone mentioned it also goes with the theme of the album name. sigh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...