GIRL GONE WILD VIDEO: FUCKING SUPREME!!!

Ai Papi Si.

Guest Mdnaboy

I've noticed that the most negative comments are coming from females about her age.. some girls, eh?

i-m-so-mad-o.gif

I Love Rue!! I met her once a few years ago. She was such a lady..she did say a few bad words. Madonna would love her LOL

Edited by Mdnaboy

OBSERVATION REMIX -

You know when she sings "I'm about to go astray" (1:48) and it's a close-up of her face and she's moving her hand I AM SURE she does the FINGER-POINT thing after that but it's been edited out :rotfl:

OBSERVATION REMIX -

You know when she sings "I'm about to go astray" (1:48) and it's a close-up of her face and she's moving her hand I AM SURE she does the FINGER-POINT thing after that but it's been edited out :rotfl:

DAMN. The video is perfection as is, but It would've been immensly better with a good ole' classic Fingerless Glove Finger Point :wow:

tumblr_lew5vrG9Rr1qezxsoo1_r2_500.gif

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/03/wild-at-heart.html

Wild At Heart

Madonna's video for "Girl Gone Wild" is here, and photographers Mert + Mercus do NOT disappoint, serving up an uncannily brand-savvy collection of images that are sexy (without being simply bluntly sexual) and that conjure up positive images of previous works like "Vogue," her W cover (so Carmen Dell'Orefice) and "Human Nature" and that haunting, Sex, circus-themed Japanese TV ad from the Erotica era.

Absolutely love it, especially the silhouettes of the man in heels, the spirited vogueing (where she looks simultaneously like Kylie and like those shots from Sex shot on the beach by Meisel) and those incredible gravity-fuck shots of that manage to make Madonna's yoga fetish fresh and exciting.

Terrific video with a potentially iconic ending shot.

WHOA. I just noticed during the "Forgive Me" bit, one of the guys on the right is hoisting her leg over his shoulder..

tumblr_m1c0sdzo6w1r2fpnwo1_500.gif...she's open ...and ready :rotfl:

omg I didn't notice her legs were spread that's hot.

I went to the bar last night and they played the video 3 times! the David Aude mix and everyone was living for it! legend.gif

um... that gif is so hot. look at their hands, she's getting rubbed all over by those men. must've been heaven, lucky bytch :lol:

And she looks GREAT with that hair and outfit. Her breastises are amazing, like wow can we trade M? Thanks!

I bet Mert and Marcus are fans. They totally got the SEX era image into this video. Fantastic! They clearly know what are her best feautures!

I'm probably very late for commenting on this video, but all I have to say about it is that it's BRILLIANT! There's no storyline in it, but that could be expected as it's the 2nd video. And for that, it's really great. I'm also happy that she's finally dancing to a choreography again! I can't remember she did that in any of the more recent videos.

And I also think M hasn't been so hot since quite a long time :drool:

LOOK AT HER :wow:

zinjt0.jpg

It's like she knows exactly what her face looks on film while shooting it.

That face was made for the cameras! :dramatic:

:inlove:

By now you’ve probably had the pleasure of seeing Madonna’s video for her latest single “Girl Gone Wild,” and have read that it harkens back to her Erotica and SEX days. She is blonde and chic, channeling Hollywood bombshell glamor, flanked by a cadre of male dancers. And as calculating as Madonna is, all that’s probably intentional. But with the help of visionary dynamic duo Mert and Marcus, the return of Dita is not a sleepy, lazy, recycling of old ideas. Girl Gone Wild is a political punch to mainstream pop that frees gay males from the saccharine castration we’ve been forced to endure in order to be accepted by the mainstream.

What Madonna has always done well is push fringe culture onto the masses, in a sexy way. For a song that seems to be about women, Madonna forgoes depictions of the fairer sex finding release and redemption through vice. Instead she chooses to address the other ladies in the room. The friends of Dorothy lost in a dirty club, half naked, sharing an apple, and a gym membership.

For decades gay men have been calling each other Girl, or Gurl, or even Guirrel (like squirrel). The juxtaposed imagery of well-built men in sheer tights and platform heels dancing to the chorus celebrates that subversive quality Gay culture, or any minority, has long cherished. It’s the inversion of a pejorative that helps build a strong new identity. It also doesn’t hurt when the men dancing like single ladies are Kazaky, who have taken Europe by storm. These “ladies” vogue, strut, and bang to the four-on-the –floor beat produced by Benny Benassi, embracing the transgressive qualities of homosexuality, and flaunt it without much costume or tricky hairdos. It’s just gay men, and a woman, indulging in lust, and music, and more lust.

Other pop stars love the gays, and love being theatrical, but there never seems to be much happening beyond the performance. So like a good politician using a dog whistle to speak to their constituents, Madge sends out a call for the most coveted of consumer demographics (single gay men with disposable incomes) to return to their roots, and her. Transgression is part of our community’s identity, and we’ve forfeited it enough for the sake of social acceptance and musical medleys on television. It’s time the mainstream remembers what makes us so exciting. Ciao Freddy Mercury, we miss you!

We’ve all seen men in stockings in videos before, but in harmless throwaway turns. This time around the stockings can barely contain an active libido enraptured with itself. It’s kinetic versus static imagery that’s so powerful and controversial here. Besides sex sells, and this is terrific looking sex. So if the material mom is telling me it’s ok to go out there and “get mine,” like a girl gone wild, well then gladly, gurl. Gladly.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/sunfiltered/2012/03/madonna-dita-reloads/

These “ladies” vogue, strut, and bang to the four-on-the –floor beat produced by Benny Benassi, embracing the transgressive qualities of homosexuality, and flaunt it without much costume or tricky hairdos. It’s just gay men, and a woman, indulging in lust, and music, and more lust.

We’ve all seen men in stockings in videos before, but in harmless throwaway turns.

So if the material mom is telling me it’s ok to go out there and “get mine,” like a girl gone wild, well then gladly, gurl. Gladly.

This video write-up is what the fuck I'm talking about; Madonnas not only sharpening her cougar claws, but managing to show the sexuality of gay men, without making us look entirely cartoonish or sexlessly campy.

WERQ 2

Looks like the official video just made a small or virtually no impact on the charts. :electropop: What with Interscope not yet releasing the official mixes and video on iTunes! How inept! :rant: Many fans want to download the video but just end up ripping youtube since it isn't available yet... :americanlife:

US iTunes as of 23 March, 2012 8:42 PM

# 489 Girl Gone Wild - Madonna

US Top 100

(out)

US Digital

(out)

US Dance Club Play

# 20

Canada Top 100

# 68

Canada Digital

(out)

On a positive note, Girl Gone Wild will still debut once the charts from other countries get published nextweek. I wish it charts better on there. :madonna2:

http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/03/madonna-girl-gone-wild-chart_24.html

Edited by danniilo13

How short did he actually cut M's hair? I love the big long hair she's been sporting this era, and I was hoping she would have it for the tour as well. BRING ON THE EXTENSIONS!

I know I'm late on the uptake with this but thanks for sharing that :thumbsup: loved hearing about what goes on to create the videos :)