B-Day Song

Flip The Switch

Svperstar has a melody that cannot be denied even if it's cringe city. Birthday Hole hmm.. at first I liked the fact it was a non-bitter unpreachy song about ageing (though subliminally it's there) even if there were more bad clumsy rhymes, light but (forced) fun.

The downside of course is M.I.A., she's really milking that British accent here, doing a reverse Vadge - this is after all the woman who sampled Wrecks N Effect's "Rump Shaker". I can't believe she agreed to be on this song, yet Minaj a twat gets a starring role on something better and actually has one of the indelible moments of the album.

I know someone who hates "I Don't Give A" more than anything. I think the Martin Solveig tracks are just polarizing.

The other day when they were doing a hysterectomy at the hospital, as the uterus was being taken out of the patient, I overheard it from the floor below and it was singing "BDay Song" because the song transcends age. Even though this was a woman in her 50s, her uterus loved the celebratory feel of "BDay Song".

If you don't like "BDay Song," not only are you an out of touch ageing homo queen in your 30s/40s, but you are also ageist and sexist against children, teenagers, aborted foetuses and menopausal women undergoing hysterectomies.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The other day when they were doing a hysterectomy at the hospital, as the uterus was being taken out of the patient, I overheard it from the floor below and it was singing "BDay Song" because the song transcends age. Even though this was a woman in her 50s, her uterus loved the celebratory feel of "BDay Song".

:rotfl:

BDay Song is also the fourth or fifth song on the album that reuses that 60s Beautiful Stranger shuffle beat! Even quoting "The Beat Goes On" for added psychedelia.

I dunno, I think the allmusic review was the best negative review and they have a point that by ignoring the ageing completely and going for a younger sound blah blah makes it all the more glaring, but they can't have heard her last few albums! I'm just glad there's no "tick tock time is running out/don't tell me to stop everrrrr" lyrics, only Gimme Your Hole has that annoying "let's forget about time" to torture her ageing fanbase and make that song even worse.

As for Martin Solveig, I think I heard that track recently - "Hello"? - and was gonna say in the TUTR thread. There IS a big similarity, but I much prefer TUTR. That Hello track was very familiar so I'm glad I only knew it subliminally before TUTR.

And the beat goes on

(and the beat goes on)

I'm a happy girl

(I'm a happy girl)

It's my birthday song

(oh yeah it's my birthday)

Definitely the worst thing she's ever done in her whole life :rotfl::lmao:

The other day my friend brought her 3-year-old in from nursery and he had a massive poo on the floor because he's not potty trained. But as we cleaned up the poo, I took a step back and the poo was singing "B'Day Song" because not only do toddlers like it, but their faeces also likes it. The song is that infectious; even human excrement can't escape it. Which means the song is within itself, excrement too.

And if you don't agree with that, then you are an ageing, out of touch homo queen. How dare you. Honestly, just how.. how dare you?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The other day my friend brought her 3-year-old in from nursery and he had a massive poo on the floor because he's not potty trained. But as we cleaned up the poo, I took a step back and the poo was singing "B'Day Song" because not only do toddlers like it, but their faeces also likes it. The song is that infectious; even human excrement can't escape it. Which means the song is within itself, excrement too.

And if you don't agree with that, then you are an ageing, out of touch homo queen. How dare you. Honestly, just how.. how dare you?

ROTFLMFAO.

This is one of those songs (along with Superstar) that truly show how "aged" and not "with it" Madonna fans are.

I own a retail store and 90% of my staff are teens and they LOVE this song. I notice young teenage customers enjoying this song as well when it comes on.

so there...

That's nice dear

This is one of those songs (along with Superstar) that truly show how "aged" and not "with it" Madonna fans are.

I own a retail store and 90% of my staff are teens and they LOVE this song. I notice young teenage customers enjoying this song as well when it comes on.

so there...

"Actually It's really cool to be uncool...."