TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

in a perfect Madonna world she would take time to shoot a music video for TUTR on her 3 day break between Abu Dahbi and Istanbul

and shoot the video there.

Hunty those days were left free in the schedule to add extra dates if there is demand.

Which there doesn't seem to be.

Oh WELL!

I absolutely agree and in fact thought that that was the reason for all those days in between shows...

It seems absurd to not release a new single about the same week that the tour starts, no? With all the media coverage she'll get...

I think people over on the MDNA Tour - Promo Videos threads are right: we are gonna get a tour video for Turn up the Radio and THAT will be video used to promote the single starting June. Let's hope that's not the case.

Well..probably will be just like that.

I think Madonna should have grabbed a gun and gone on a dancing/shooting spree with tracks like Gang Bang, I'm Addicted and Some Girls for single choices this era. Would have been phun tbqh.

I totally agree! They took the wrong direction choosing the "light" singles GMAYL, GGW and TUTR when they should have chosen the "dark" songs that are I`m Addicted, Gang Bang and Some Girls (kind of).

I totally agree! They took the wrong direction choosing the "light" singles GMAYL, GGW and TUTR when they should have chosen the "dark" songs that are I`m Addicted, Gang Bang and Some Girls (kind of).

Although I was a very early proponent of TUTR, the more I listen to this album the more I think you might be right. To me, MDNA's creative soul is an angry one, maybe even mildly depressed - but beautifully violent throughout. Why on earth they went with GMAYL and even GGW is beyond me. The more interesting stuff is in the darker tracks, and I think Europe would've responded better to that type of music rather than GMAYL. I almost feel like the Super Bowl (as glorious as it was) guided Madonna off that track. She obviously wanted to do a "safe" and fun song for TV, and that's probably why she picked a fluff track to perform. I do not think the first two singles, or even TUTR as the third, is very representative of this record.

Summer's approaching... get a video going for this shiz NOW.

Since we pretty much know that TUTR is the next single (per Guy O.), I wonder when and if they will shoot a video. She has like 2 weeks left until the tour starts. I hope to god we don't get a tour video for it. I am always disappointed by those.

Since we pretty much know that TUTR is the next single (per Guy O.), I wonder when and if they will shoot a video. She has like 2 weeks left until the tour starts. I hope to god we don't get a tour video for it. I am always disappointed by those.

only that we know is that parts of the show in Tel Aviv will be recorded and used for promotion..so..i think that maybe it s going to be (also) a video for turn up the radio. she never went on that kind staff really. we had some videos (like holliday from drowned world) but not official singles with video like that. so..maybe. :D

Still not an official word about the next single-video. How can be possible?

GGW is still in the charts in various places and only released this week in the UK. It will be quiet until the tour starts now and then they can do the next phase of promo. The tour will take precedence over the third single, especially given the performance of the previous two.

I've been really impressed with how they kept the album under wraps and now the tour so when something does happen, it does get the headlines.

I haven't heard it. Where do I find it?

I am not sure anymore. The demo was available on YouTube previously, but now you can't find it anywhere. :(

Guest groovyguy

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/743-madonna-wants-to-film-a-proper-video-for-turn-up-the-radio-before-the-tour-starts.html

Madonna wants to film a proper video for Turn Up The Radio before the tour starts

As we already reported a long time ago, Madonna's third single from MDNA is going to be Turn Up The Radio. Therefore, ignore the latest rumours!!

DrownedMadonna has now learned that Madonna wants to film a proper video for Turn Up The Radio, as Madonnarama also reported a few minutes ago. We heard that Madonna has only 3 to 4 hours to film the video, given her busy schedule, before the tour starts on May 31 in Tel Aviv.

Apparently, Madonna is having trouble finding a director that can film the video in just 3 to 4 hours. Madonna is so busy that she is even willing to shoot the video on opening day of the tour before the show begins.

Fingers crossed!

So TUTR video would be Madge dancing in front of a white screen? In that case a live performance would be better I guess...

I tried, but i've decided it's really boring and goes nowhere.

That's the point, sweets... Don't ask her where she wants to go ... just turn up the music and get lost in it. (Doesn't matter if you turn up the volume on another song, instead, of course! Just as long as it's Madonna. :wink: )

I hate the bit where she goes "I just wanna get in my car" because the suspension of disbelief factor just can't work. I'm sorry but I can't see Madonna jumping into her VW Polo and driving onto the M3 to escape the world.

I hate the bit where she goes "I just wanna get in my car" because the suspension of disbelief factor just can't work. I'm sorry but I can't see Madonna jumping into her VW Polo and driving onto the M3 to escape the world.

she meant "i just wanna get on my bike"!

:lmao:

I fucking hate this song. It's like a bad version of what's on the radio right now. Who produced it so I can go bombard their facebook with hate mail?

Solveig...the guy who did half of the album.

In his defense, I think Madonna ruined this one. His demo with Sunday Girl gave me goosebumps. This one with M, not as much.

Why in the world did she work with him? I'm playing C'est la vie, it's fucking awful. And that Hello song makes me cringe.

I know everyone is still cumming over MDNA, but the album would've been absolute perfection without him (and maybe that Benassi mess).

There, I'm done venting :lol:

I really didn't like this song at first, but now I think it's a perfectly cute song. It's very summery and very feel-good. Ironically, when you turn up the volume on this one, it's hard not to feel blissful and sing along.