TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

The 9.25 date was also announced by Billboard...

At first I thought it said 8.25, which I thought made sense.

But a late September release? How can they justify releasing at all? What manager or whatever sees a mid-July video release, an early august digital EP release, a late August tour start date, and then thinks, "Yep, late September for radio is FINE"?

It should go out NOW, while it's the most played song in clubs across America.

Guest pedrohdi

is not like radio is going to play it anyway. But yeah, if they insist on pushing it at radio now is the time. Sadly the days of M's radio hits have come and gone, at least we have a solid album and spetacular tour.

Absolutely! But I'm still waiting for another billboard hot 100 #1! It could happen! Not with TUTR i know!

considering they released on the radio give me all your luvin/girl gone wild too close (in Europe there is Masterpiece also) i guess end of September is the right time

turn up the radio couldnt been a summer hit after all / no radio release and the video came out too late

The 9.25 date was also announced by Billboard...

At first I thought it said 8.25, which I thought made sense.

But a late September release? How can they justify releasing at all? What manager or whatever sees a mid-July video release, an early august digital EP release, a late August tour start date, and then thinks, "Yep, late September for radio is FINE"?

It should go out NOW, while it's the most played song in clubs across America.

Guy Oseary unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

did tutr get a physical release anywhere? i've seen US cdr promo's - are these official?

I just saw the physical cd promo and cd single in a store in Paris. I think I even saw the vinyl but I may be getting confused (this place had more singles and Madonna rarities than I've ever seen in my life).

I just saw the physical cd promo and cd single in a store in Paris. I think I even saw the vinyl but I may be getting confused (this place had more singles and Madonna rarities than I've ever seen in my life).

Really? CD single? I can't find any mention of it anywhere. It's not listed on discogs and I can see only downloads on the French and Germany Amazon websites... Perhaps they are selilng the promos.. Pictures!!!

• 2 months later...

Naaah..theres not much to discuss really.

I dont think it was despised. It just come out at the wrong time.

People really wanted more serious songs from her. And it was the 3rd single with a bit rushed video.

This was just ignored.

still consider it on par with her other iconic songs. It would be perfect on IC.

I just had a look at Wikipedia - it hardly charted anywhere! Even Revolver performed better in general although that didn't chart in the UK at all.

I think the problem was the project was dead in the water so quickly that radio abandoned any support for it. There was quite a lot of negativity around the concert at this time too so it was overlooked.

It's disappointing TUTR was not a even a minor hit. I'm no expert, but the song was not promoted anywhere else besides Vimeo showing us a great looking Madonna (but tired) taking a car ride through Florence. I understand that she was already playing live shows when she filmed the video, but I wish TUTR video would have been more visually interesting or at least a little more creative.

Oh well love her anyway :vogue:

it flopped also in italy and the airplay was good there.so i guess it was a bad choice for a single.

Perhaps it would be a good hit for madonna even on her 40s but not anymore

no physical release, mediocre video

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem was the project was dead in the water so quickly that radio abandoned any support for it.

DING DING. We have a winner.

She should know by now that unless she hits a home run on the first time at bat, radio won't be on board. TUTR is yet another casualty of GMAYL.

She should know by now that unless she hits a home run on the first time at bat, radio won't be on board. TUTR is yet another casualty of GMAYL.

It was the same with American life in the UK. After massive initial radio support, it dropped off quickly when the album failed to take off.

It was the same with American life in the UK. After massive initial radio support, it dropped off quickly when the album failed to take off.

Hollywood was a big hit on UK radio though

Bullshit. GMAYL was a top ten hit just about everywhere except UK. In some countries even made#1.

TUTR was a flop. Radio thought it was dull. Keep on with the denial though.