TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

Just read a tweet this morning saying that TUTR is released August 5th. I think that's too late for the UK as she's been and gone but might good for other countries.

I read that too. It was an official announcement from Interscope. I think it's wayyyyy too late . God why so late ?

Agree 5th August is too late. But that's the UK for you. Record companies have to "work" the track before they sell it (we're lucky with this - usually they work a track for 8-10 weeks!). So we'll probably get 2 weeks of radio/video airplay before they drop the single/remixes. I (and I'm sure many others) could write an essay on how Interscope have screwed up the whole MDNA campaign. It's pity that such a great pop record really suffers because of campaign strategy! Madonna was all a bit coy in the Deejay TV interview (http://wearethefilter.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/madonna-talks-mdna-men.html) about the TUTR promo - that would have been an awesome opportunity for her to announce something about and get some hype happening.

5 months after the 2nd single is far too long. "Turn Up the Radio" should be released as soon as possible, IMO.

It has also been confirmed that "Masterpiece" will be oficially released as the 3rd German single on 13 July.

Masterpiece...really, it´s not that good.I was happy because it was a proper ballad, and it could have done something before the album was released, both for W.E. and maybe for the album. But...

So we'll probably get 2 weeks of radio/video airplay before they drop the single/remixes.

MadonnaTribe previously confirmed that the new remixes would be released to iTunes on the day of the video premiere, in mid-July.

Maybe Interscope/Universal/Live Nation changed their minds?

Video and radio debut in 10 days' time, remixes on 5 August?

The following remixes have been delivered digitally to DJs:

Leo Zero Remix 7:22

Marco V Remix 5:48

R3hab Surrender Mix 5:43

Richard Vission Speakers Blow Remix 6:15

The Offer Nissim Club Remix of "Turn Up the Radio" has been sent to DJs, too.

So far, that's my favourite remix of the song apart from the tour version, by a comfortable margin! :)

Here's a clip of what appears to be Martin Solveig's own remix:

I don't know why Madonna never used Offer Nissim before. However, he has done unofficial remixes of Hung Up, Isaac, Jump, Beat Goes On, She's Not Me and Like a Prayer.

His biggest-selling original production remains Dana International's "Diva", the winning song of the 1998 Eurovision Song Contest.

Btw, this is Offer Nissim (in the middle) - he's 48:

20070318004632-offer-velasquez.jpg

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't know why Madonna never used Offer Nissim before. However, he has done unofficial remixes of Hung Up, Isaac, Jump, Beat Goes On, She's Not Me and Like a Prayer.

His biggest-selling original production remains Dana International's "Diva", the winning song of the 1998 Eurovision Song Contest.

Btw, this is Offer Nissim (in the middle) - he's 48:

20070318004632-offer-velasquez.jpg

where can i hear/download them?

where can i hear/download them?

I don't know. Only heard his remix of "She's Not Me". It samples "Voulez-Vous" by ABBA.

I actually heard TUTR on Radio 2 today! That's only the fourth time I've heard an MDNA track on the radio so hopefully this is a more positive sign!

Here's the R3hab mix - it's better than the previous rubbish mixes like the last few we've had. Not a classic but listenable.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx1iII1Aehg[/media]