TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

nice to see the video and remixes being released concurrently. the three Smirnoff remixes, for which i paid for, were terrible. i deleted them, that's how ripped off i felt.

maybe they are taking this break to REHEARSE and BRAINSTORM, and the next break to shoot. Now that would be something! ;)

4.) This has previously been confirmed to be the 4th single off the album which would seem a safe choice given the song's radio-friendly qualities: upbeat, danceable and positive vibes. Turn Up The Radio could be remotely similar to BEP's I Gotta Feeling and Craig David's Insomnia. The only drawback is the rather uninteresting chorus ("Turn up the radio, don't ask me where i wanna go. We gotta turn up the radio.") and the draggy bridge part between 2:16-2:50 which seems like an everlasting half-a-minute down-tempo interjection. It could've been cut to 15 seconds then compensated with chorus repetitions till the end because it is supposed to be a dance track! More of this when the single is out.

Vocals: 2, Production: 2, Lyrics: 1, Chorus Strength: 0.5, Mainstream Appeal: 2 = (7.5/10)

other tracks on http://mymonumentali...nce-review.html

4.) This has previously been confirmed to be the 4th single off the album which would seem a safe choice given the song's radio-friendly qualities: upbeat, danceable and positive vibes. Turn Up The Radio could be remotely similar to BEP's I Gotta Feeling and Craig David's Insomnia. The only drawback is the rather uninteresting chorus ("Turn up the radio, don't ask me where i wanna go. We gotta turn up the radio.") and the draggy bridge part between 2:16-2:50 which seems like an everlasting half-a-minute down-tempo interjection. It could've been cut to 15 seconds then compensated with chorus repetitions till the end because it is supposed to be a dance track! More of this when the single is out.

Vocals: 2, Production: 2, Lyrics: 1, Chorus Strength: 0.5, Mainstream Appeal: 2 = (7.5/10)

other tracks on http://mymonumentali...nce-review.html

You post nothing but this bullshit, what are you here for?

3rd one was the UK single Masterpiece. TUTR is the 4th when it gets out soon.

I don't think so.

It doesn't have a cover, it was not released to sale as a "single" and her camp didn't make any comment regarding this.

Masterpiece was only pushed to radios on UK. That doesn't mean it was an official single.

I don't think so.

It doesn't have a cover, it was not released to sale as a "single" and her camp didn't make any comment regarding this.

Masterpiece was only pushed to radios on UK. That doesn't mean it was an official single.

alright then Masterpiece wasn't a single due to it's failure to follow the "usual" single release guideline as perceived by many. :-D

I don't think so.

The confusion arose as there were two press releases. One saying about Masterpiece and the other saying about GGW being released. It was a hot mess! Basically, Radio 2 decided to play Masterpiece to promote MDNA and I think the record company didn't know what to do so stuck out the press release. But yes, in the end it wasn't treated like a single.

I imagine Turd On The Radio will drop in the UK the week she arrives on tour.

Masterpiece was never a single outside the UK. If we decide to count that, then TUTR should be the 5th single following Love Spent.

Guest bluejean

I don't know why people are so negative about it. I'm surprised we're even getting a 3rd music video.

How do we know Madonnatribe didn't just make that shit up about the remixes like they usually do?

You wait until the remixes are out, and then pretend you never heard about it from Madonnatribe.

Then go on saying they make shit up like they did for the past nine years.

When you're done, drop me a line to let me know how much making a fool of yourself makes you feel good.

You wait until the remixes are out, and then pretend you never heard about it from Madonnatribe.

Then go on saying they make shit up like they did for the past nine years.

When you're done, drop me a line to let me know how much making a fool of yourself makes you feel good.

Please go back to MadonnaTribe.

I'm OK with a simple video. I just love looking at Madonna. If she looks great, I can watch a simple concept repeatedly.

I much prefer Give It 2 Me over 4 Minutes and Die Another Day. I just hope she looks pretty and dances around a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Entertainment Weekly's critic gives TUTR a C:

Her Madgesty's latest single from MDNA commands us to crank up the FM station, but doesn't give us much reason to. It's flavor-free dance pabulum with vacant lyrics ("I want to escape/With a person just like you") and a blase vocal that would sound more at home on NPR. C - Adam Markovitz

EW review is one of many reviews to come and EW has been off the mark so many times. TUTR is the perfect choice for a single as many reviewers of the album have stated. I love it and so do many of my family and ffiends regardless if they are a M fan or not and that says a lot about this fun, uplifting, singalong headboppimg infectious song. It is what it is. Made for radio.

Entertainment Weekly's critic gives TUTR a C:

Her Madgesty's latest single from MDNA commands us to crank up the FM station, but doesn't give us much reason to. It's flavor-free dance pabulum with vacant lyrics ("I want to escape/With a person just like you") and a blase vocal that would sound more at home on NPR. C - Adam Markovitz

Entertainment Weekly is seriously pretty fucked up sometimes.

Entertainment Weekly is seriously pretty fucked up sometimes.

You can say that again.

I don't think they've featured her on the cover since 2001 with the DWT. :ohmy: ("The Mother of All Tours!") I think they are constantly trying to prove how "over" her they are, and it gets really annoying as a fan. I don't know why I let it bother me. :angry:

Just read a tweet this morning saying that TUTR is released August 5th. I think that's too late for the UK as she's been and gone but might good for other countries.

Just read a tweet this morning saying that TUTR is released August 5th. I think that's too late for the UK as she's been and gone but might good for other countries.

5 months after the 2nd single is far too long. "Turn Up the Radio" should be released as soon as possible, IMO.

It has also been confirmed that "Masterpiece" will be oficially released as the 3rd German single on 13 July.