TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

And no concept whatsoever.

What she's gonna do? Poll over her fiat at a fountain and sing in front of it while Guy O holds tha camera and Rocco splashs in the fountain?

Guest Not4Pussies

Better yet, they'll shoot random people going on their days intertwined with Madonna lipsynching and dancing in a room in front of a white wall.

They most likely reached out to bunch of directors and are waiting to hear back from one who can fly in to film it on those days.

Let's consider this - which I understand is a very hard thing for a fan to do:

Maybe it's for the best for Madonna to appear very little in this video. We tried putting her front and center TWICE now, and once with a good and perfectly timely song (Girl Gone Wild): the first time she appeared as a cute and quirky MILF, the second time she appeared as a complete youthful vixen C*NT. We ate it up - the world didn't. Or they will in 20 years, as usual - when it's too late.

In any case. Now we're hoping to save the era, because it deserves it. And this time we have the best pop song on the record (POP in the sense that it has wide mass appeal) and once again we're gonna have her looking young and flawless and amazing? It seems that it won't work for "people" in 2012. And that's okay - it might work next year with another album. If she doesn't get fed up and retire from making records.

Back to my original point - perhaps it's time to take Madonna out of the picture (quite literally) and let the song do the work. GMAYL and GGW were not musically nor lyrically interesting enough to stand on their own - the videos and Madge gave them gravitas, drama, life. People didn't pay attention to them - not enough to support it with their pockets, anyway. I think it's because Madonna is all over them: young people don't want to identify with an aging person, and older people (defeated and boring) can't connect to her youthful and punk persona. Again, WE love it - she's more alone and in a way more punk than ever before. But WE are clearly not enough.

This time it can be different - the song tells a story and structurally it actually goes somewhere, despite what some lovely forum members say! ;)

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just want this song to do really well - have loved it since I heard the demo. I really freaking hope next time (if there is a next time) she doesn't go this pop again. It's just not worth it.

A video with no Madonna would flop. The song is ok, but it aint anything amazing like Love Spent or I m Addicted thats why it clearly needs an amazing video... Madonna set in the 60ties with the look she had in the JML interlude driving in her 60ties car around Romes treasures...

I'm expecting another celebration. She likes cheap, short shoots and sick dancers to show she's down with the kids and can do all the work. I really hope I'm wrong but given the previous flops I can't see her investing too much in a third video.

People didn't pay attention to them. I think it's because Madonna is all over them: young people don't want to identify with an aging person, and older people (defeated and boring) can't connect to her youthful and punk persona.

I disagree. People didn't pay attention because outside her fanbase, nobody knew Madonna still existed released a new album + new songs.

DrownedMadonna said Tom Mumro will be the director.

The chances for a white wall just increased....

OH NOOOO! how are we going to go on anymore with our lives????? LOL

A madonna video is always an exciting occasion...whether its half assed or not!!

This era doesn't need any saving....

I'm not sure what you children are on, but may I suggest to stop taking it.

Tom Munro=Die Another Day video from Sticky and Sweet.....thats enough for me.

TURN UP THE RADIO!!!

and might I add while the rest of you bitches are complaining MADONNA is breaking her ass to give it ALL to us....this ain't no Mariah carey meltdown....Christina Aguillllaearaera fat suit.....Britney narcotic thrust....Rihanna "i'm sick" ....Janet "i'm fat" moment....THIS IS THE QUEEN working her ass out!!! ..so shut the fuck up

I'm glad the song is released as a single.

I really love when she goes all freestyle dance on her videos (ROL, Celebration) so I wouldn't mind if she do this again with Akerlund, GI2M was dreadful and didn't catch the spirit of the song like Akerlund's fast-forward effects. :wow:

I don't know if you are referring to my comment but I was not implying anything negative.

MDNA doesn't need a song to save itself because it's already perfect.

GI2M is one of my favorites videos. I love free-style Madonna, she's the best at it.

My point is that she's already done that. And his naming don't change Madonna's plan in my opinion. Live Nation Italy said they were finding and setting up the locations among the archeological treasures of the ancient Rome, so to me, this means outdoor video.

Cant' wait for the result. Nothing to do with charts and sales.

I just hope it's not b&w because it doesn't fit the song vibe at all.

Tom Munro directed one mediocre video for Midge (Give It 2 Me - which I enjoy when I watch the remix), and one beyond amazing one (Die Another Day). Could go either way, but at least it's not Jonas Akerlund. I don't hate Jonas, but he doesn't seem to have the magic touch with music videos much anymore, maybe films are more up his alley now.

Guest Not4Pussies

not complaining about Tom Munro. if he is the director, I hope he is directing alone since GI2M and DADay (S&S) were codirected by Nathan Rissman aka The Gardener

god help us, i m sure he is not paid thats why the stingy bitch chooses him over and over and over. Where is Romanek?????????????????????

maybe it is time to shoot video in front of white screen and with guitar ! ahahahaah i m kidding

maybe it will be reference like on a wall durring the tour on her past...like all videos from before and theme with her in rome..who knows

hope it will be something new..and not GI2M video couse it was borring...we need creative moments not catalogue

I'm just glad that shes even making the effort to do a video considering how busy she is with the tour and ofcourse family life, well done M! I can't wait to see it. i just hope they time the release well and do things properly.

I'm just glad that shes even making the effort to do a video considering how busy she is with the tour and ofcourse family life, well done M! I can't wait to see it. i just hope they time the release well and do things properly.

This! I'm excited that at least we're getting a new video!

I'd love it if they do something a la Kylie in Come into my World, following Madonna through the streets of Rome in long takes :inlove:

I disagree. People didn't pay attention because outside her fanbase, nobody knew Madonna still existed released a new album + new songs.

I find that hard to believe. GMAYL has over 40 million views on YouTube - and the SuperBowl, where she performed that song, was seen by hundreds of millions of people (including the youngsters that then saw it on YouTube - I believe between a previous video that was taken down and the one that's there now it's amassed close to 20m views). They eyeballs were there. The song was available two days before the big event. And it WAS bought. It's not like no one bought it. It was on Itunes Top 10 the first three or four weeks.

GGW has also been seen millions of times. And now the tour.

Surely that could've gotten her enough sustained attention and more opportunities... IF PEOPLE had even moderately supported the songs.

Of course, it's more complex than this, and the promo theory has a lot of good merits - and I believe it could've made the record even more successful. But the truth is that ultimately it's all about people's perceptions. Absolutely everyone knows Madonna. Everyone has an opinion about her. And people buy things based on how they feel about them, not always on how good they are. This is why someone like Justin Beiber or the Jonas Brothers or Taylor Swift sell records in spades, why people are willing to pay $500 for an iPhone when they can barely make rent, etc.

What's worse - I live in an area where everyone watched the SuperBowl and everyone watched Madonna. 80% of people didn't like the new song. Fans didn't either. And there's your promo.

This! I'm excited that at least we're getting a new video!

I'd love it if they do something a la Kylie in Come into my World, following Madonna through the streets of Rome in long takes :inlove:

Nice idea!