TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

Guest Not4Pussies

if this does get released great. i like the song a lot.

but im not even gonna care right now if there's gonna be a video for it.

probably no video or something shitty will be released

I can understand why people think TUTR would b a good commercial single...but I thing it falls in the same cutesy, generic

category as GMAYL & GGW...it will totally get lost in the shuffle. We need something *NEW* that'll get people's attention cuz it's unique:

Gang BANG

LoveSpent Accoustic/Love spent album version (double A-side)

or

Falling Free

If we want dance:

I'm Addicted, will take Europe by storm.

I agree. TUTR will flop just as hard as GGW and GAYL. They should release something totally different from the last few singles.

But to be honest I can't see any song from the album becoming a hit.

I agree. TUTR will flop just as hard as GGW and GAYL. They should release something totally different from the last few singles.

But to be honest I can't see any song from the album becoming a hit.

um,just because the album is not your cup of tea, doesn't mean there are no potential hits :confused:

um,just because the album is not your cup of tea, doesn't mean there are no potential hits :confused:

And just because you like the album doesn't mean that there are.

The first single was a flop. The second single is an even bigger flop. Do you really think that that the next one is going to be some killer hit?

When was the last time she had a third single becoming a huge hit? Was it Cherish? I would love to be wrong but I don't see it happening...

And just because you like the album doesn't mean that there are.

The first single was a flop. The second single is an even bigger flop. Do you really think that that the next one is going to be some killer hit?

When was the last time she had a third single becoming a huge hit? Was it Cherish? I would love to be wrong but I don't see it happening...

:thumbsup:

I can predict that the radio stations don't even touch it!

I hope this tanks so hard! Haven't they seen any impact with the releases of GMAYL and GGW?

The song is shit. Shit after shit is a pile of shit!

It would be ironic if radio refused to play a song that actually *promotes* listening to the radio ;) I think it could be a hit if they came up with an interesting way to promote it.Something like this...

"Turn up the radio to win tickets to see Madonna! When you hear her new single "Turn Up The Radio",call us up to win tickets"

• 2 weeks later...

and please, I hope this time release the remixes in the proper time, and the physicals, and everything...

Yes, how difficult is it to a least get that right?

No doubt the remixes will be released weeks later!

Not thinking about Madonna here, but one huge act that released a flop (but good) album and suddenly turned it around keeps coming to mind:

Rihanna.

Rude Boy. That was the third single from Rated-R, after Russian Roulette and Hard. Remember those? Didn't think so.

Then again, Rihanna lives doing promotion and nothing else. She barely tours. How that's possible is beyond me. But my point is, she released Rude Boy, promoted the heck out of it, didn't release any more singles from that album, and three months later was already releasing Only Girl in the World... She really saved her career admirably.

Guest Pud Whacker

Turn Up the Radio is such a Madonna song.

TUTR:

When the world starts to get you down

And nothing seems to go your way

And the noise of the maddening crowd

Makes you feel like you're going to go insane

There's a glow of a distant light

Calling you to come outside

To feel the wind on your face and your skin

And it's here I begin my story

VOGUE:

Look around everywhere you turn is heartache

It's everywhere that you go

You try everything you can to escape

The pain of life that you know

When all else fails and you long to be

Something better than you are today

I know a place where you can get away

It's called a dance floor, and here's what it's for

I don't dislike Oseary per se, and I see what he's trying to do (reward fans that take the time to do this kind of amazing stuff) BUT it must be awful nice to be getting all these phenomenal FREE promotional material, no? :sassy:

this song is growing on me. i didn't like it that much at first but after hearing it on the radio today, i'm luvin it!

say what? :shock:

I agree though. Sometimes I don't like a particular song at all, but when I hear it on the radio, especially in the car or on the bus, I find myself actually loving it. Don't know why. It's so strange.

yeah it is a great promo vid but it gives them ideas not to shoot a new one...

oh wake up she's not gonna shoot one. the T starts this month.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Still not that big on this song, for me it's decent filler, it's missing something, i'm not sure what.

Anyway, heard it at a cafe last night in Aussieland.

I think Madonna should have grabbed a gun and gone on a dancing/shooting spree with tracks like Gang Bang, I'm Addicted and Some Girls for single choices this era. Would have been phun tbqh.

Still not that big on this song, for me it's decent filler, it's missing something, i'm not sure what.

The original Solveig demo with Sunday Girl was killer. Madonna kind of neutered it. :shy:

Guest Not4Pussies

in a perfect Madonna world she would take time to shoot a music video for TUTR on her 3 day break between Abu Dahbi and Istanbul

and shoot the video there.

in a perfect Madonna world she would take time to shoot a music video for TUTR on her 3 day break between Abu Dahbi and Istanbul

and shoot the video there.

I absolutely agree and in fact thought that that was the reason for all those days in between shows...

It seems absurd to not release a new single about the same week that the tour starts, no? With all the media coverage she'll get...

I think people over on the MDNA Tour - Promo Videos threads are right: we are gonna get a tour video for Turn up the Radio and THAT will be video used to promote the single starting June. Let's hope that's not the case.