TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

I don't think it needed to be explosive, but something less repetitive and to distinguish it from the rest of the song would have been nice. Still, the more I listen to it, the more I'm absolutely appalled it wasn't the first (or at least second) single. This has got to be one of the biggest missed opportunities of her career to date.

I agree. It's mainstream enough without sounding too much like what the other pop tarts are putting out there, and the lyrics suggest more of an anthemic trademark Madonna song (like LAP, ROL, Secret, etc). It's a shame she missed the ball on this one, but I hope this song gets to see some light of day either on tour or as a single (even if it flopped). Plus the verses on the latter half of the song are quite a standout.

I could see this being a worldwide summer smash hit. It's the kind of song that is played by the radios over and over and over again and that you don't like at first but you eventually end up loving it. (that's me right now, anyway)

+ it has the word radio in its title so yeah...

i dont know why do you think she that she must put the best comercial single first? she s not stupid. she makes very good buisness. so. when sales slow down after few weeks, she ll realese the best single of the album and it will bring MDNA again on the top.

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/guyoseary

Islam & Life! ‏ @IslamAndLife

@guyoseary at least release a single at the same time the tour kicks off in the US..

Guy Oseary Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@IslamAndLife we are discussing next single... for now we are "Girl Gone Wild"... the song is #1 on dance charts...

-----------------------------------

Islam & Life! ‏ @IslamAndLife

@guyoseary cool :) Turn up Radio should be third single. jus sayin ;)

Guy Oseary Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@IslamAndLife a lot of people are talking about "Turn Up the Radio...

i dont know why do you think she that she must put the best comercial single first? she s not stupid. she makes very good buisness. so. when sales slow down after few weeks, she ll realese the best single of the album and it will bring MDNA again on the top.

This might work for Beyonce or Rihanna, because they're at the peak of their careers, but it doesn't work for someone like Madonna. If she's going to have a shot at commercial success, it needs to come right away. A third single from a Madonna album hasn't been a hit since the '90s, and that was following two big hit singles. They screwed up.

It's still possible for a TUTR to become a worldwide hit though, so they should definitely release it next.

Guest groovyguy

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2012/04/11/madonna-turn-up-the-radio-next-single-mdna/

Madonna's Manager Confirms That 'Turn Up The Radio' Will Be Next MDNA Single

They say "ask and you shall receive." Well, we asked … and it looks like we are getting what we want.

Guy Oseary, Madonna's hunky Twitter-phile manager, took to the social net this morning to respond to a Madge fan championing "Turn Up the Radio" as the next single from MDNA, saying the song "is feeling like the next single."

Madonna-single-TUTR.jpg

Now, we've been pushing for "Radio" to be a single since, well, before MDNA even came out, so this is music to our ears! At the time, we posited that Madonna was knowingly waiting until early summer to give the track an official single release because it's a perfect warm weather tune. The calculated perfectionism of some of Madonna's club jams can leave you feeling a little chilly, but that's not the case with "Radio." During our little pre-release listening party, I scribbled the words "effervescent" and "happy" in my notes.

The track has a propulsive energy that just feels so authentic and alive. It's a big, anthemic dance-pop wonder with glittery synths and fun lyrics. In short, it's a perfect single to reignite interest in MDNA before Madonna hits the road for her world tour.

hardcandymusic.com have posted that TUTR is likely to be the third single and what did people think of it. The comments so far are decidedly mixed and mostly in favour of other songs such as Gang Bang and I'm Addicted which I totally agree with :)

The point is though that the reaction is once again very mixed and polarised. This is not a good sign!

As much as I want TUTR to be the summer smash single, they should release Gang Bang - this song is having crazy buzz on the Internet, so it wouldn't even matter if radio doesn't play it.

Will TUTR save MDNA like Take a Bow saved BS? :dramatic:

Save it from what?! "Secret" was a Top 5 hit and a huge pop radio smash. TAB definitely helped sustain the album after it started to drop, but any second single could have done that.

Will TUTR save MDNA like Take a Bow saved BS? :dramatic:

For the US, but it was her biggest flop in the UK (with Oh Father) until Miles Away.

As pleasant as it is, and I do think if someone like Jessie J sang it, it would be huge, Madonna needs something more aggressive and more 'her'.

I'm glad it will be third single.....I can't stop listening to this at the moment. The song is pure joy for me :D

Who the hell can predict how it will go the the general public and radio.

The right single: LOVE SPENT. Its the best song on MDNA. I still think it could turn the tide around! If it is released quick!

TUTR is great, but nowhere near LS. A fact. People want a clever song with meaning like LS.

I'm glad it will be third single.....I can't stop listening to this at the moment. The song is pure joy for me :D

Who the hell can predict how it will go the the general public and radio.

I can predict that the radio stations don't even touch it!

I hope this tanks so hard! Haven't they seen any impact with the releases of GMAYL and GGW?

The song is shit. Shit after shit is a pile of shit!

I can understand why people think TUTR would b a good commercial single...but I thing it falls in the same cutesy, generic

category as GMAYL & GGW...it will totally get lost in the shuffle. We need something *NEW* that'll get people's attention cuz it's unique:

Gang BANG

LoveSpent Accoustic/Love spent album version (double A-side)

or

Falling Free

If we want dance:

I'm Addicted, will take Europe by storm.