TURN UP THE RADIO CIRCLE JERK THREAD

EFMT

Madonna clearly fell down and bumped her goddamn head because this song SCREAMS 1st single.

Totally. A missed opportunity. I think that it would have done better worldwide as a first single (think "Hung Up", but probably not as big). It still may have struggled on U.S. radio, but with a title like "Turn Up The Radio" it would be a hard one to resist for radio airplay. ;) I have to admit that the original short sample (from the megamix) did not really impress me, but the full version is glorious!!!!! I would be surprised if this isn't the third single. "... Gotta turn up the radio until the speakers blow!" I love the build-up there, the brief pause, and then, bang!, the music/chorus jumping back in! Brilliant!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't LOVE this i must say, but it is catchy, you'll probably find me daggering to it in your driveway. Keep an eye out. x.

I don't LOVE this i must say, but it is catchy, you'll probably find me daggering to it in your driveway. Keep an eye out. x.

It's gonna hit you all of a sudden one day while you're in your room reading comix with no pants on and you're gonna realize that this is Get Together's grown up sista. Yala habibti.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

in your room reading comix with no pants on

That's actually real life. Will be in my biography for sure. You'll find it in your mail box soon. Keep an eye out.

Almost as good as the original version. I really liked the reverb/echo effect Solveig put on Sunday Girl's voice. Wish the same effect was applied to this version.

Broke down and listened to TUTR. The clip we heard did this song no justice. I wasnt feeling it at all.

I love the full version though. Its uplifting as hell. Makes me feel good.

Guest Xanthium

I get a total L.A. vibe when I listen to this song. I really wish Madonna would make a video for this (I doubt it though :( ) I can picture her driving around L.A. in a convertible, visiting all the different neighborhoods and then having a big, epic grand finale in front of the Hollywood sign. HOLLA.

Guest Xanthium

How much did she change the lyrics from the original version? There are some kabbalah-esque lyrics in MDNA's version.

I tired finding the demo on youtube the other day, but found no luck :( Can someone post it pretty please?!

This song is pop gold! Why wasn't it the lead single?!

Don't people love this one?! Epic bridge!

YES!! I've kind of missed her epic bridges in her songs of more recent years. This whole song is very 80's Madonna in spirit.

Totally. A missed opportunity. I think that it would have done better worldwide as a first single (think "Hung Up", but probably not as big). It still may have struggled on U.S. radio, but with a title like "Turn Up The Radio" it would be a hard one to resist for radio airplay. ;) I have to admit that the original short sample (from the megamix) did not really impress me, but the full version is glorious!!!!! I would be surprised if this isn't the third single. "... Gotta turn up the radio until the speakers blow!" I love the build-up there, the brief pause, and then, bang!, the music/chorus jumping back in! Brilliant!

Could've been great but I really love GMAYL and its video and performance.

Hopefully TUTR will have its chance too.

can't wait for summer + this tune in the car subway

can't wait for September + this tune live

TAARN UP THE RADI-AAAAOOOW

tumblr_m1rmza6AxB1qj28qwo1_r1_500.gif

the best part:

"I just wanna get in my car

I wanna go fast and I gotta go far

Don't ask me to explain how I feel

'Cause I don't want to say where I'm going

Turn down the noise and turn up the volume

Don't have a choice cause the temperatures pounding

Leaving this place is the last thing I do

That I want to escape with a person just like you..."

:dramatic:

Guest Drowned Bedtime

I always forget this exists with it's very limp chorus.

Why was this hyped/why is it the next single? :blink:

I'm Addicted or I'm A Sinner needs to be a single...

Guest bluejean

with it's very limp chorus.

I love this track but I have to agree on the limp chorus part. It doesn't quite get there, much like GMAYL. (Although it's better than that song thanks to the production and lyrics.)

I don't think it needed to be explosive, but something less repetitive and to distinguish it from the rest of the song would have been nice. Still, the more I listen to it, the more I'm absolutely appalled it wasn't the first (or at least second) single. This has got to be one of the biggest missed opportunities of her career to date.

Maybe we should start a radio request campaign on our own. :doh:

I don't think it needed to be explosive, but something less repetitive and to distinguish it from the rest of the song would have been nice. Still, the more I listen to it, the more I'm absolutely appalled it wasn't the first (or at least second) single. This has got to be one of the biggest missed opportunities of her career to date.

Maybe we should start a radio request campaign on our own. :doh:

u know u just never seem happy u never miss an opprotunity to talk of maadonnas failure...at least in YOUR PERCEPTION...........anyway love the song!!!!....one can see Madonna hearing this demo and falling in love!!