Random Madonna songs we hear at stores!

cross

Recently I've heard Don't Tell Me at my dentist, Turn Up the Radio at a cafe and The Power of Goodbye at JFK Airport.

that would be like a bad movie! Or that episode of Friends with Take a Bow

I manage my own store so if you ever walk in you will def hear RANDOM Madonna songs. haha. Demos, Remixes, Bsides, etc.

That is great!

Lately.I listened to Hung Up a couple of times.

And the supermarket I buy my things. They play I'll remember and This used to be may playground but in some kind of instrumental version.

there was a mall here in rome near my home the COIN, one of those where they sell all that cosmetics, i don't know the exact names in english, and it was a constant Erotica playing for years.... (plus rarely some other m album...) at every hour of the day, it was heaven....i suspect that 1 year ago the worker who decided what music play was fired or changed job cause all of a sudden it was riahanna and other shit.... :(

"True Blue"

What is it with this song? I hear it in grocery stores, department stores, and malls at least once every couple weeks. I heard it twice in the same week before Christmas -- in two different grocery stores, in two different states!

I understand that this was a gigantic hit, but why is it always on in public spaces like this? Is there some sort of "catchy and inoffensive songs" mixtape that all the big stores in America use?

I can see no other reason for hearing this song as often as I do in public spaces. I can't recall the last time I heard this song on the radio -- only big public spaces like shopping malls and grocery stores.

"True Blue"

What is it with this song? I hear it in grocery stores, department stores, and malls at least once every couple weeks. I heard it twice in the same week before Christmas -- in two different grocery stores, in two different states!

I understand that this was a gigantic hit, but why is it always on in public spaces like this? Is there some sort of "catchy and inoffensive songs" mixtape that all the big stores in America use?

I can see no other reason for hearing this song as often as I do in public spaces. I can't recall the last time I heard this song on the radio -- only big public spaces like shopping malls and grocery stores.

+1

I've heard Power Of Goodbye at Home Depot. Material Girl at some restaurant. And a few others I can't think of at the moment. I always go crazy when I hear MADGE in public.

Like a switch goes off and I can't help myself :lmao:

The classics I always hear but yesterday, I was at Dylan's Candy Store (this is the very very popular candy store owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter in NYC) and I heard Candy Perfume Girl. Stupid me, I wondered for a while - this store has a strange mix of music, 60s, 70s music and now Candy Perfume Girl, then it struck me - of course, they only play songs with Candy in it. Idiot!

They played the video for Frozen at a Wing Daddy's (chicken wing restaurant obvs). That's the second time it's played there.

My dad asked my sister who it was in the video and she replies Madonna (she loves the song and vid) and my dad's like "yeah, that's who I thought it was," while staring intently. He hates her tho.

He calls her Marana :lol:

Angel in the local Muffin Shop :wow: The playlist consists of the owner's library, so she must be a low-key LOON.

I think I've only heard "Angel" on the radio once in my life. (I recall it being on at a random corporate chain restaurant -- TGI Fridays or something of that sort.) Such a forgotten gem.

Die Another Day in the grocery store.

Oh....in the same store, I heard Sorry a couple weeks back too. I remember hearing it in the same store a while back too. At least it's getting airplay SOMEWHERE in the US......finally....lol....better late than never.

"True Blue"

True Blue is a pharmaceutical anthem.

• 2 weeks later...

Deeper and Deeper at a train station in Melbourne

Everybody at Spotlight (textiles shop). It's my ringtone and I was so confused because I didn't bring my phone into the store :rotfl: