Random Madonna songs we hear at stores!

cross

Guest Xanthium

For some reason I always hear "Secret" in department stores or grocery stores. Like all the time. There must be subliminal messages in the song to get people to buy stuff.

So far this year, I've heard Hung Up, Jump, and Revolver in K-Mart. Take a Bow in Coles Supermarket. Borderline in a bank ("Just standing in this queue, feels like I'm going to lose my mind!!!"). :p

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

There is this shitty tiny suburban plaza a few miles from my house. They have had the same 3 albums on their officially approved mall tracklist thingie for years, and one of the albums is Hard Candy :rotfl: i go there sometimes and i've heard stuff like Heartbeat and Dance 2Nite as well as the other tracks randomly. It's SO weird :lol: all the Carol Sue's and Grandma Beth's are walking to their flower stores, and Voices comes on, and not one Sue Joe in that entire place knows wtf the song is expect me :rotfl:

Yesterday i heard True Blue at a drugstore. :inlove:

I hear True Blue the most out & about. My mom and I heard it during Christmas time & she even said it was her favorite Madonna song. Must be more popular than I thought. :lol:

I heard 'Hung Up' today at Home Depot, get that working-class hetero demographic Madge. :bow::wow:

You just know Jethro, Nelson, & Buck were resisting the urge to drop the toolboxes and break out in a choreographed number. UNDERCOVER LOONS :confessions:

It's always Into The Groove. They play that at my work along with Cherish.

I heard Don't Tell Me today while eating lunch at a diner.

"Cherish" is HUGE in my local Shoppers Drug Mart. maybe a positive playlist to take their minds off the pharmaceuticals. :flirt:

I still can't believe I heard Across the Sky in TK Maxx once!

yeah 98% chance that manager is a huge Madonna fan and plays his/her Madonna favs. lol. total iPod at work

Shell gasoline stations are known for playing M's AC songs. Crazy For You, Into The Grove...etc.

Asda always seem to play Die Another Day or Hollywood round here

I was in Calvin Klein in Orlando a couple of years ago and heard Angel :wow: (followed by Culture Club "Time (Clock of the heart)"

I had a gay coma moment in the underwear section

I've heard "Holiday" play at the grocery store a couple of times. I was also surprised to hear "The Power of Goodbye" at the same store. It was a nice little treat. Though, I've only heard it the one time.

La Isla Bonita at a supermarket and at the vet's office.

Give It 2 Me at the bank.

Those are the most recent ones.

I remember a long time ago the tv was on one of those news channels. It was really late at night and as they were cutting to commercial they played Waiting.

When I worked at Tower Records I always played M in the video department which was my area. Usually one person was working that area at a time and sometimes I would have all 6 cds playing be M's. Always did that on her birthday. I made a bunch of greatest hits cds, remixes cds, favorite album tracks cds. One time a customer said, "Why do they always play Madonna in here?"

When the single for Die Another Day came out I put it on in the Loud room where the singles were. Some morons were in there reading magazines and one of them said something nasty about Madonna so I put the song on from the beginning and made it louder. Then they walked out.

Guest bluejean

Maybe this is what Guy actually meant by "non traditional" promo? In Kmart and Shell gasoline stations Girl Gone Wild may very well be on high rotation