BEST FRIEND

zephyralexxx

i love the lyrics..

the lyrics are GREAT!! Especially these lines...

maybe I challenged you a little too much

We couldn't have two drivers on the clutch

and the pre-chorus is amazing....

your picture's off my wall,but I'm still waiting for your call

And every man that walks through that door,will be compared to you forever more

As a songwriter,Madonna is exceptional on this album.She really wrote some great lyrics.

I had forgot about this, but this one is fucking amazing.. possibly even in my top 3. I loved it right away, but it keeps getting better, one that's striking but a grower much the way "Love Spent" is.

That second disc is so good, I can't believe they even made a deluxe option with those, obviously I was joking about it being her Bionic but not far off in terms of how good those "bonus" tracks are.

I love this song! The chorus is great. It does remind of me something that could have been on Shitty Candy, but I like it regardless. Parts of the melody remind me of Incredible... "I don't want this to end, I am missing my best friend"...

I like it but the production is very early '00s Victoria Bekcham ("This Groove" :wow: ).

Still I have no regrets

Cause I survived the biggest test

I cannot lie and I won't pretend

But I feel like I lost my very best friend

It's so sad that it had to end

The production sounds like early 2000s R&B....the kinda song that Destiny's Child might have recorded in 2001.

But,it's still a good song! I love the vocals and the lyrics.

This is an odd duck. I have loved it from the beginning. It's heartfelt, and the no regrets theme is classic Madonna. Lyrically, vocally, and melodically, the song is ace. The chorus soars! But just not sure why the production choice was made. I can get past it, but I can see how it would sully a really good song for some people.

Anyway, I tip my hat to Best Friend!

Probably my favorite song on the album! This song is INCREDIBLE! Her voice is just amazing. Lyrically it reminds me kinda of Til Death Do Us Part, musically the strings remind me of Papa Don't Preach. I thought GB would be my favorite song on the album, but this has been on repeat the most. The chorus and background vocals are just fucking AWESOME!! This to me is classic Madonna.

Scared_Girl.jpg

Esther, The Missus :dramatic:

I miss your brain, the way you think

But I don't miss the way you used to drink

I miss our talks, the universal law

You had a way of seeing through my flaws

I miss the countryside, where we used to lay

The smell of roses on a lovely summer day

You made me laugh, you had a clever wit

I miss the good times, I don't miss all of it

Maybe I challenged you a little bit too much

We couldn't have two drivers on the clutch

I lover her delivery...this track is intense. This one and 'Beautiful Killer' :inlove:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...this one is definitely not a winner.

It sounds like some Justice Timberriver song (reminds me of Ayo Technology to be more specific) and the beginning also reminds me of some 90s Bjork (Homogenic era, probably the last 20 seconds of Pluto? something like that). This song would have fit perfectly on American Life (production-wise), this one I'm sure about.

Who would have thought this is the same team that brought to life the PERFECTION that is I'm Addicted? :(

Anyway, I love the lyrics.

I love it! But the idea of mashing it up with "Heartbeat" is good because the production makes it sound like a demo (not in a bad way.)

I imagine they'll just use the shimmery synth beat from "Heartbeat" because you can easily imagine that with the "Best Friend" beat really..

I wish the deluxe ballads (being I Fucked Up and Best Friend) had been filtered through Orbit. They're missing a certain oomph that I feel he could have given them. They are undoubtedly my least favorites on MDNA, even though I do like them lyrically.