MDNA at the Grammys next year?

mtzlplk

i was looking through the list of categories that madonna has a chance of getting... here they are:

1. record of the year

2. album of the year

3. song of the year

4. best pop solo performance

5. best pop vocal album

did i missed out anything...?

I'm sorry, but ROTY/SOTY for what, GMAYL?? :lmao: Maybe if she releases Gang Bang (or another worthy song).

I can see GGW nominated in the Best Dance Recording category (if Celebration could get in, so can GGW)

Guest LeJazzHot!

I'm sorry, but ROTY/SOTY for what, GMAYL?? :lmao: Maybe if she releases Gang Bang (or another worthy song).

I can see GGW nominated in the Best Dance Recording category (if Celebration could get in, so can GGW)

I could see TUTR getting nominated for ROTY and SOTY

Guest jamesshot

It's the Grammy's people. Do not get your hopes up. It could get universal 5 out of 5 stars and they would still likely not nominate her especially if it underperforms commercially.

Guest LeJazzHot!

i'm hoping either turn up the radio or masterpiece could be nominated for record and song of the year... that would be amazing!

I say TUTR should be submitted for ROTY and Masterpiece should be submitted for SOTY for sure

Guest LeJazzHot!

Remember peoples, if you're nominated in pop you can't then be nominated in dance or vice versa!

She can compete in the Pop Vocal Album and Dance Recording categories so in this case she can be nominated in pop and dance (just not both album categories)

She can compete in the Pop Vocal Album and Dance Recording categories so in this case she can be nominated in pop and dance (just not both album categories)

Here I am thinking I know the rules! :lol::doh::scared:

EDIT: READ that They've moved Gaga, Rihanna and Britney from the dance categories so that DJ's and stuff can get noms, so maybe M will be included?

Edited by bionic

I think in Madonnas case sales will matter to Grammy people..

True. Those people will be looking for an excuse not to nominate Madonna, and diminished sales would provide an easy out for them.

Of course, I'm hoping that longterm sales of the album will be good, as the positive word of mouth spreads.

Guest LeJazzHot!

Here I am thinking I know the rules! :lol::doh::scared:

EDIT: READ that They've moved Gaga, Rihanna and Britney from the dance categories so that DJ's and stuff can get noms, so maybe M will be included?

Idk, how recent was this?

if they were to cancel out a category, i think it would be better for madonna to be nominated in the pop album category instead of the dance/electronica album... chances of winning the album of the year would pose a higher %%%

Hmm unless she releases something that's commercially successful I don't think there is much hope for SOTY.ROTY depends on how MDNA does commercially. I hope that she's nominated at least for Best Pop Album though.

I think the following nominations are strongly possible -

Best Dance/Electronic album

Best Packaging

These are less likely, but still possible -

Best Female Pop Vocal ("Masterpiece")

Best Song from a Motion Picture ("Masterpiece")

Best Pop Album

And she'll probably get a nomination for the tour DVD when it's out the following year.

So we're looking at a total of 7 possible categories.