MDNA at the Grammys next year?

mtzlplk

With all this overwhelming good to great reviews that MDNA is getting, do you think it stands a chance at the Grammys next year?

She doesn't have any good competition this year so far right?

I hope so! She had her chances, it's not like she never won any Grammy. From what i have heard so far, the album sound amazing and varied. And yeah, the critics love it.

WE HAVENT EVEN HEARD IT :manson:

uhm, even if we heard it in snippet or in full, it's the critics and reviews that will get it to the Grammys... which have been plenty already... it's like 80% to 90% good to great reviews...

Guest LeJazzHot!

From the sounds of this album so far, it sounds like it would be submitted to Pop Vocal Album instead of Electronic/Dance Album. There are too many ballads on here for it to be considered a full-out dance record like COADF was.

I was thinking it should be a Grammy nom based on the reviews. Worse got nominated this year.

yups... ROL had very positive reviews 14 years ago... but it was able to sustain the positivity even until the nominations came out later that year...

has anyone encountered a negative review of MDNA?

With Bruce Springsteen receiving ass licking reviews for his new album i doubt she has a chance for record of the year :/ Pop album ? Definitely !

Isnt he too old for making music? Let youngsters do it grandpa..

^are they writing that? just like they write about Madonna.

are they writing that about the boss?? lol i doubt that

i wish ALBUM OF THE YEAR - i mean look at the shit they nominated this year!

but ya, best dance, pop, packaging, i dream of best female

It's only March and people can submit through August, I believe. I think you can count on a Dance category nomination and maybe Female Pop Album. I don't think this album is going to be a major commercial success like Ray of Light was so Album of the Year will probably not happen.

well...it can be submitted to both categories...

I believe it can only be submitted to one category. It's either pop or dance, the label needs to decided in which category to submit the album.

I believe it can only be submitted to one category. It's either pop or dance, the label needs to decided in which category to submit the album.

I'm no expert, but isn't it two entries per artist regardless of the category?

commercial success doesnt even matter to the grammys - bon ivor anyone

Exactly. Don't forget Arcade Fire, they WON Album of the Year last year and it's not like they sold 20 millions either.

i was looking through the list of categories that madonna has a chance of getting... here they are:

1. record of the year

2. album of the year

3. song of the year

4. best pop solo performance

5. best pop vocal album

6. best duo/group performance (give me all ur luvin')

7. best dance recording

8. best dance/electronica album

9. best song written for visual media (masterpiece)

10. best compilation soundtrack

11. best compilation score

12. best recording package

13. best short form music video

14. best remixed recording

15. best engineered album, non classical

did i missed out anything...?

I hope they add a new category, Album of a Decade. MDNA might get nominated. :lol:

haha, we are only 2 years into the current decade... i'm be the most happy if it can score half of the nominations listed.... :)

a guy can dream, can't he?