World Tour 2012 VOCALS DISCUSSION thread

Apples388

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

She mimed a lot more than one or two songs on both CT and RIT.

Like a Prayer at the Superbowl WAS mimed. It's the rehearsal vocals clearly recorded during the Sticky and Sweet Tour rehearsals...

they sound just like the rehearsals that are on youtube. You can even hear that they're a bit melodyned. Like a Prayer Hope For Haiti

is a fantastic example of how LAP sounds LIVE.

Which songs do you think were mimed on those tours? On RIT, Vogue and Nobody Knows Me obviously were. On CT, Future Lovers/IFL and Sorry were obviously, and Erotica and Jump sounded mimed, but on bootlegs you hear slight variations. Not much more, though. Remember, the DVDs are generally re-recorded and heavily Melodyned vocals. Jump and Lucky Star were the most obvious re-recordings.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

There's A LOT of high pitched singing on MDNA.

Spread your wings Madonna, because on this tour, you'll be out crowing yourself. TIME TO FLY BYTCH. X.

Which songs do you think were mimed on those tours? On RIT, Vogue and Nobody Knows Me obviously were. On CT, Future Lovers/IFL and Sorry were obviously, and Erotica and Jump sounded mimed, but on bootlegs you hear slight variations. Not much more, though. Remember, the DVDs are generally re-recorded and heavily Melodyned vocals. Jump and Lucky Star were the most obvious re-recordings.

DWT:

Sky Fits Heaven

RIT:

Vogue

Nobody Knows Me

American life (rap and chorus)

Die Another Day

Papa Don't Preach and Into The Groove on later shows inc. Lisbon.

CT:

Future Lovers

Get Together (I forget which show)

Jump

Sorry

Erotica

La Isla Bonita in Fresno

Lucky Star on some shows.

Hung Up on most European shows.

S&S:

Rap in Vogue, First verse of Into The Groove from "Music can be" and becomes live at "Only when I'm dancing"... although she mimed the whole thing I think on some American and South American shows to the same track as the DVD. But it's a beautiful track!, End of Devil on some shows, but generally live (walking back to stage) and Give It 2 Me.

There were also rumours about You'll See and Gone on DWT but as far as I'm aware they're 100% live. Also, certain phrases like whisperings tend to be mimed over and over.

This is all opinion of course but it's what I've gathered from other fan opinion and my own ears from reading forums for 6 years or so :)

Edited by ConfideInMe