World Tour 2012 VOCALS DISCUSSION thread

Apples388

As noted, "Vogue" also was not album vocals, but "live" vocals that she recorded. I think even "Music" sounded different in spots- but maybe that was vocal "distortion" taking place.

As noted, "Vogue" also was not album vocals, but "live" vocals that she recorded.

Yes and that new "live" vocals is awful. She should stick with the album vocals if she is doing playback, everyone knows she is not singing live and this new vocals only makes it look worst.

This is news to me. I thought she started singing live at the open your heart/express yourself bit and then for LAP

Me too. For me she started singing with the OYH/EY and LAP. I thought she was saving her voice for LAP but still, Vogue was completely mimed with that awful new "live" vocals she is using since the RIT. Even her live rendition at the SS is better than that.

The "Vogue" vocals sounded somewhat different from the ones she used for the RIT. Or maybe I need to compare the two.

Yeah, Suedey, the bulk of "Music" was, but there were a couple of moments that sounded "tinkered with"- but that's probably just what it was.

The "Vogue" vocals sounded somewhat different from the ones she used for the RIT. Or maybe I need to compare the two.

Yes it is different from the RIT, but it is the same used in the SS DVD. I guess she recorded a few versions of it, all horrible.

This is news to me. I thought she started singing live at the open your heart/express yourself bit and then for LAP

I thought the few lines of OYH and EY were the only real live vocals of that performance. Everything else sounded pre-recorded. Shame about LAP though because I think she could have handled it live even in that stadium with decent vocals.

I think if she put down the guitar half the time, she wouldn't sound so forced when singing. Also S&S focused so much on dancing that she seemed to have skipped her vocal training during rehearsals. I'll be happy if I can get a good blend of Confessions + RIT vocal quality. Cuz I would love to hear Masterpiece live.

But she sang "Vogue" live on S&S, no? I didn't notice if any other tracks o0 nthe DVD were new "live" vocals (aside from the obvious "Borderline").

Yes she did but they changed it for the prerecorded vocals on the DVD. That's why i said that even her true live vocals at the SS sounded better than this prerecorded crap she used for the DVD and for the Superbowl.

She started using this prerecorded vocals since the RIT, a different version though but equally terrible.

Guest LeJazzHot!

This person had this to say about Madonna's vocals lately on MDNA: Madonna just has zero conviction, passion, or inflections in her singing voice at all anymore... :/

What do you all think of that opinion?

Guest jamesshot

I've read so many conflicting things saying the last part of the SB performance was live starting with OYH/EY being the soundcheck, others saying it was mimed. I think she sang live starting with OYH/EY but if it was mimed, I wouldn't blame her wanting to play it safe.

I had never heard anyone say that SB LAP was not live until this thread. I mean, wasn't everyone creaming over that msn writer who said it was fine that she lip synced but that for those who want real vocals, she nailed it with LAP.

Guest jamesshot

I had never heard anyone say that SB LAP was not live until this thread. I mean, wasn't everyone creaming over that msn writer who said it was fine that she lip synced but that for those who want real vocals, she nailed it with LAP.

Yes, and that writer wasn't the only one. There were many music crtics who said the same thing. I have only heard bloggers or fans say she lipped the entire thing. I've watched the LAP performance many times and her lips and movements match up perfectly with the output except one brief time but it isn't like that brief moment is conclusive either. I think she sang everything live from OYH/EY on.

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

First off, the entire Super Bowl performance was mimed. Anybody who's seen M a bajillion times will tell you this. It's like those who claim Vogue from RIT wasn't mimed. Duh. And they were all re-recorded. Don't worry - Janet Jackson was a trendsetter with this shit back in the 90's - re-recording ALL vocals to sound live, then lip-syncing to them.

Also, I suspect we'll have some lipsyncing on this upcoming tour. If she's set the bar with the Super Bowl, people will expect that. I think we'll have the first instance of more than 2 songs sung lipsynced (obviously, on CT, RIT, and DWT, she lipped at least 1 or 2 songs... and on SS she had a lot of vocal doubling).

Yes, and that writer wasn't the only one. There were many music crtics who said the same thing. I have only heard bloggers or fans say she lipped the entire thing. I've watched the LAP performance many times and her lips and movements match up perfectly with the output except one brief time but it isn't like that brief moment is conclusive either. I think she sang everything live from OYH/EY on.

Agreed! I have no reason to think LAP was not live. What next? People will be saying Live 8 was mimed? YMLM Oscars?

I think if she put down the guitar half the time, she wouldn't sound so forced when singing. Also S&S focused so much on dancing that she seemed to have skipped her vocal training during rehearsals. I'll be happy if I can get a good blend of Confessions + RIT vocal quality. Cuz I would love to hear Masterpiece live.

I agree with this.I think Madonna should put down the guitar and maybe dance a little less,so that she can concentrate on her vocals.I want songs like "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" to sound amazing in concert.

Also, I suspect we'll have some lipsyncing on this upcoming tour. If she's set the bar with the Super Bowl, people will expect that. I think we'll have the first instance of more than 2 songs sung lipsynced (obviously, on CT, RIT, and DWT, she lipped at least 1 or 2 songs... and on SS she had a lot of vocal doubling).

She mimed a lot more than one or two songs on both CT and RIT.

Agreed! I have no reason to think LAP was not live. What next? People will be saying Live 8 was mimed? YMLM Oscars?

Like a Prayer at the Superbowl WAS mimed. It's the rehearsal vocals clearly recorded during the Sticky and Sweet Tour rehearsals...

they sound just like the rehearsals that are on youtube. You can even hear that they're a bit melodyned. Like a Prayer Hope For Haiti

is a fantastic example of how LAP sounds LIVE.

Edited by ConfideInMe

Like a Prayer at the Superbowl WAS mimed. It's the rehearsal vocals clearly recorded during the Sticky and Sweet Tour rehearsals...

they sound just like the rehearsals that are on youtube. You can even hear that they're a bit melodyned. Like a Prayer Hope For Haiti

is a fantastic example of how LAP sounds LIVE.

For me she sounded just like the Haiti concert :wacko: