"I Don't Give A" OFFICIAL THREAD

Guest Sinnerboy

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

um, this is going to be in my top 3 favorite albums by her if these snippets are any indication. :wow:

I can't believe this CD is full of such great music and they released the weakest tracks as singles. I LOVE this song. This Madonna doing hiphop right.

I can't believe this CD is full of such great music and they released the weakest tracks as singles. I LOVE this song. This Madonna doing hiphop right.

Seriously! I truly think she has lost her ear/taste for what would give her a great critical reception.

But I'm glad she still has enough sense to make some great music, if the last several clips are indicative.

this album has serious potential to blow everything she's done since ray or light - or maybe even 'prayer' out of the water (for me)... but it's way 2 early to say that for sure. mama's got guns on this record!

That's a little too much. :wacko:

this album has serious potential to blow everything she's done since ray or light - or maybe even 'prayer' out of the water (for me)... but it's way 2 early to say that for sure. mama's got guns on this record!

So true!

Guest Xanthium

Seriously! I truly think she has lost her ear/taste for what would give her a great critical reception.

Maybe she was worried and went with the safest option. Who knows. It's obvious from the clips, the fans raving about them, and the fantastic reviews from critics that she still makes killer pop music. So the only thing that's left is that she really thought songs like GMAYL and GGW would fit in with what's currently playing on the radio. Which goes to show that she doesn't really think highly of today's mainstream pop music :lol: I'm thinking GMAYL and GGW were just a marketing strategy.

Maybe she was worried and went with the safest option. Who knows. It's obvious from the clips, the fans raving about them, and the fantastic reviews from critics that she still makes killer pop music. So the only thing that's left is that she really thought songs like GMAYL and GGW would fit in with what's currently playing on the radio. Which goes to show that she doesn't really think highly of today's mainstream pop music :lol: I'm thinking GMAYL and GGW were just a marketing strategy.

What makes you think SHE made the decisions?

Guest Xanthium

What makes you think SHE made the decisions?

Well either she made the decision or she did it in tandem with her record company. They didn't do it without her consent :manson:

I totally see why they went with those songs - they played it safe like you said. However I think she underestimated things - I bet radio would be more receptive to a song that had a more unique sound. That's how her biggest comebacks came about really. Frozen, Music, Hung Up were all big hits because they didn't sound like anything else at the time.

Anyway, GGW (despite some of the vitriol its received from some fans) is a cute little song and if radio GAVE IT A CHANCE, it would definitely connect with people and help promote the album. But I doubt after the GMAYL fiasco that'll happen.

Guest Xanthium

I totally see why they went with those songs - they played it safe like you said. However I think she underestimated things - I bet radio would be more receptive to a song that had a more unique sound. That's how her biggest comebacks came about really. Frozen, Music, Hung Up were all big hits because they didn't sound like anything else at the time.

Anyway, GGW (despite some of the vitriol its received from some fans) is a cute little song and if radio GAVE IT A CHANCE, it would definitely connect with people and help promote the album. But I doubt after the GMAYL fiasco that'll happen.

Oh yeah she definitely underestimated what the public and radio loves about her: pop songs that sound fresh and unique. Which is a shame really. She could've really brought it with this era's first single. If the rumors are true that she wanted GMAYL for the 1st single and the record company wanted GGW instead, I bet Interscope is pissed. The momentum is totally ruined now and GGW is gonna die a sad death because of it. Not that I like GGW (and I do like GMAYL) but it would've done better than GMAYL as a single (if I had to pick between the two).

Oh yeah she definitely underestimated what the public and radio loves about her: pop songs that sound fresh and unique. Which is a shame really. She could've really brought it with this era's first single. If the rumors are true that she wanted GMAYL for the 1st single and the record company wanted GGW instead, I bet Interscope is pissed. The momentum is totally ruined now and GGW is gonna die a sad death because of it. Not that I like GGW (and I do like GMAYL) but it would've done better than GMAYL as a single (if I had to pick between the two).

I completely agree. "Girl Gone Wild" SHOULD have been the first single. It's insanely catchy. At the bar I D.J. at, people are LOVING it. When I played "Give Me All Your Luvin", people ran from the dance floor.

I agree, she totally underestimated the audience, which in turn, might kill off real interest by casual listeners. That's what gives her big hits (along with payola from the record company).

In spite of misfires of GMAYL and GGW, I'm glad the album sounds like it's full of killer stuff. It'd be nice if it can reach a broader audience beyond the fanbase.

GMAYL is good as first single, it is all about SB, but honestly you cannot keep this song from being the real MDNA single ... from all what we heard, this is just what should have worked ... Mr Guy O if you are out there

benfoden.jpg

I want to eat this face clean off. I love his expression. Yes this is OT but if you continue your F COADF campaign I can stop to comment on the tastiness of this guy's facial expression and what it does to me. He looks so adorable right here. To bring Madonna back into the conversation: Don't Pretend Your Not Hungry / I've Seen It Before / I've Got Turkish Delight And So Much More