"I Don't Give A" OFFICIAL THREAD

Guest Sinnerboy

This is the ultimate anti-Guy song. Oseary that is, cause here she berates some dumb nanny bytch for tweeting, what she's really saying is to prolific Twitter Oseary is: I hate you you cunt, you're a useless manager and even Maverick was shit cause of you, and tell Ingrid to get off Twatter too!

When I first heard it I was sure Nicki Minaj mentioned Gaga by name, I found she doesn't, but that has to be deliberate wordplay. This song is a more palatable "American Life" (it's even quoted at one point) with some of her less accessible and likeable themes distilled into a fantastic inventive tune. Awesome!

This is the ultimate anti-Guy song. Oseary that is, cause here she berates some dumb nanny bytch for tweeting, what she's really saying is to prolific Twitter Oseary is: I hate you you cunt, you're a useless manager and even Maverick was shit cause of you, and tell Ingrid to get off Twatter too!

When I first heard it I was sure Nicki Minaj mentioned Gaga by name, I found she doesn't, but that has to be deliberate wordplay. This song is a more palatable "American Life" (it's even quoted at one point) with some of her less accessible and likeable themes distilled into a fantastic inventive tune. Awesome!

definitely a wordplay. Nicki's rap:

"...you're more original than GaGa"

No she does not say gaga.

I know but it almost sounded like it at first. I was like wtf!? Surely not. :shock::rotfl: The "there's only one queen and that's Madonna. bytch!" goes with it as well. Don Dada is what she actually says.

1) if there is not an "i don't give a/fuck it" mash up of this and american life, then that's a missed opportunity and i'll teach MYSELF how to do it. 2) this needs to be the next single.

Right On! :headbang:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Nicki was on radio yesterday and she said she was e-mailing Madonna the other day!!!!!!

She said she isn't listed as MADONNA under her contacts, she has a NICKNAME! but she woulnd't reveal what it was.

OMG.

I DON'T GIVE A.

It's SO American Life

Thats what makes it an amazing song! It's Madonna's attitude summed up in 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2012/04/05/150056215/fractured-females-madonna-and-nicki-minaj-man-up?sc=fb&cc=fp

Fractured Femmes: Madonna And Nicki Minaj Man Up

Does anybody else get a chill listening to the new Nicki Minaj/Madonna collaboration, "I Don't Give A"? An Independent Women-style strut about resilience in the face of divorce, the song celebrates frantic multitasking as a route to material success. Madge crows about being at home so infrequently that she has to ask her baby sitter for the Wi-Fi password, while Nicki sneers about not relating to Volvos — the ultimate Mom car — before appropriating one of Jay-Z's most famous lines: "I'm not a businesswoman; I'm a business, woman!" crows Minaj, claiming dominance in a world where the most powerful individuals are, by necessity, also brands and corporations.

Minaj's Hova bite is a well-earned assertion of equality. Yet given the less-than-pleasurable life Madonna describes in her verses, it's also a disturbing sign of a certain, apparently inevitable dehumanization.

"Gotta get my money back!" snaps Madge, laying out the consequences of the prenup she and Guy Ritchie didn't sign. In the service of this goal, she endangers her body ("Ride my horse, break some bones"), reduces a new lover to a luxury display item ("Have you seen the new guy?"), shoves her spiritual life into a corner ("Baby Jesus on the stairs"), and even sacks her spa routine ("no time for a manicure"). Wow, fun.

In his review of MDNA in The New York Times, Jon Pareles described the album as "bipolar." Critics are employing the same language to describe Minaj's brand-new release, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Both albums veer between bubbly pop and something grittier: aggressive rap from Minaj, and unusually raw (though I wouldn't say vulnerable) lyrics on MDNA.

tumblr_lqadmkS4Ez1qb5fbso1_400.gif

Love this song! It's Such fun! Plus it's got an awesome message along with a great insight into Madonna's life. Can't wait to see how she does this live :wow:

The choir part (ah-oo-ee-oh-ah or however you want to write it) has always reminded me of the "tribal ceremony" part in "Finding Nemo" (I think it happens in the aquarium at the dentist's office) - the fish are chanting something during some sort of ceremony. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I thought of that when I first heard the leaked version. It's a great song!

definitely a wordplay. Nicki's rap:

"...you're more original than GaGa"

Yes! And i love that! Great wordplay! VERY daring from Madonna and Nicki Minaj! :lol: