SUPERSTAR

Guest ditaluver

http://www.eonline.com/news/madonnas_superstar_single_leaksmdashcan/300848?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&%3Fcmpid=eonline-twitter&dlvrit=48939

Can You Hear Lourdes Singing Background?

And the hits just keep coming! Well, the sneak previews of Madonna's new songs just keep coming, anyway. Whether or not they'll end up as hits remains to be seen.

But today's leak, a minute-long snippet from her forthcoming single "Superstar," is a cut above the rest, thanks in very large part to her partner in song: none other than her daughter, Lourdes Leon.

So how does she do? Judge for yourself...

Madonna's 15-year-old daughter is starting slow—and good on her for it—easing her way into the musical spotlight by contributing to the background vocals for the tune. While you can't necessarily discern her pipes amidst the pack, she does blend in nicely.

And rather than just serving as a press release-worthy superfluous addition to the song, Lourdes' involvement is probably much more down to sentiment: After all, the tune, "Superstar," is a followup of sorts to "Little Star," the 1998 song that then-new mama Madonna penned in honor of her daughter.

Am I the only one here who actually doesn't hear Lourdes at all? lol

Am I the only one here who actually doesn't hear Lourdes at all? lol

I hear backing vocals. But from the clip, I can't distinguish who it is... Madonna or Lourdes or someone else. I was under the impression that Lourdes did backing vocals. If it's just a matter of harmonizing with Madonna, we may not be able to actually distinguish her from the track. Only those involved in the track will know where she comes in and out, I suspect. But no, I can't really make out Lourdes in this clip.

I'm not as enthralled with this as Gang Bang or I'm Addicted but it is very cute and very pure pop along the lines of GMAYL. A very "sunny" song. Shows another yet another dimension of MDNA. One thing I love about this album so far is that there is so much variety....

GGW- is the dance by numbers made for radio track (even if radio isn't playing it :lol: )

GB- is the hard, dark, industrial style...Madonna does Manson type track that ALL M loons jizz themselves over

IA- would be a by the numbers dance track ala GGW but it seems to have that "Madonna edge" to it...a little left of center, a little trippy...a little perfect! :)

GMAYL- welcome back pure pop Madonna

LS- the sound harkens back to the most melodic parts of ROL yet sounds fresh and there is a classic Madonna melody in there that I can't get out of my head

M- Seriousdonna 2012.

First Madonna did "Jimmy Jimmy" for me, now svperstar gets his own track. :D

I guess Vogue was for me then...

Anyway, I feel incredibly bloated right now and my muffin top is exploding over my pants. I ate a big tuna melt earlier, that must be why. Gonna go to the loo to fart.

I think it's my favorite song with falling free from what I heard... Maybe I'm more into pop than dance music, or maybe I just have bad taste :nocomment:

Hey where are all the new emoticons, I can't find them????

Well, GU, Jimmy is my actual NAME (stemmed from James)... :D

I realize svperstar doesn't stem from his birth name, just being silly)

Come to think of it... excluding Evita tracks, "Jimmy Jimmy," "Jessie" and "Isaac" are Madonna's only songs with a proper name in the title, it looks. Though with "Vogue" and "Superstar,' she throws out many proper names.

Well, GU, Jimmy is my actual NAME (stemmed from James)... :D

I realize svperstar doesn't stem from his birth name, just being silly)

Come to think of it... excluding Evita tracks, "Jimmy Jimmy," "Jessie" and "Isaac" are Madonna's only songs with a proper name in the title, it looks. Though with "Vogue" and "Superstar,' she throws out many proper names.

and Super Pop... :wow:

There's something in the Chorus, which screams BIG euro hit. Yes, the verdict is out. The Ooh lalala is very clever, all those dumbass euros who bought Hung Up will lap this shit up. :fag: From kids 2 grandmas.

I guess Vogue was for me then...

Anyway, I feel incredibly bloated right now and my muffin top is exploding over my pants. I ate a big tuna melt earlier, that must be why. Gonna go to the loo to fart.

:rotfl: Which bitch edited this?! :lmao:

There's something in the Chorus, which screams BIG euro hit. Yes, the verdict is out. The Ooh lalala is very clever, all those dumbass euros who bought Hung Up will lap this shit up. :fag: From kids 2 grandmas.

the easy oe lala & "cuteness" gives me pre-made single for idool/x factor feel. its the oldest trick in the book. puke. Aside from that I love the way she sings it though "you can have the password to my phone, i'll give you a massage when you get home" :dramatic:

Guest northernlad

I love how obviously surprised M is in in the Larry Flint interview when he mentions this as one of the album's standout tracks. REALLY? You like THAT ONE?

I suppose she just didn't think that would be one interviewers would automatically gravitate to.