SUPERSTAR

Guest ditaluver

• 3 weeks later...

Superstar is great.

In fact the only songs I don't really like are Girl Gone Wild and Gang Bang.

:sneaky:

I love Superstar! I think its so cute! It should be used to advertise MG at least!

Yes. They should just do a video and paste the song over it and make it go viral! Jeez, can they continue the non-traditional promo that they promised! :thumbsup:

thats actually a great idea! omg they should've filmed them in the studio recording it, filmed a clip of them designing MG stuff etc would go viral like that clip of them talking in the dressing room!

Since that's never going to happen. Somebody on here should mix the material girl footage with the bday song recording footage and the Madonna Lola video and put the song over it!

• 2 weeks later...

:electropop: I guess your second favourite is B-Day Song, right?

:rotfl:

superstar is a bit childish...have desime vibe like true blue...i could imagine video in wich madonna act like a little girl with lollypop - or maybe that is to scary :huh:

I would like this song I think if not for that lyric about letting her lover have the password to her phone. It's just so... ugh. Not only that, Janet Jackson had already used it for her "Nothing" song.

I would like this song I think if not for that lyric about letting her lover have the password to her phone. It's just so... ugh. Not only that, Janet Jackson had already used it for her "Nothing" song.

what a stupid reason for not liking a song!!!! :huh:

Lyrics do matter. That is all.

Agree!

Do I have to change my name?

Will it get me far?

Should I lose some weight?

Am I gonna be a star?

I'm drinkin' a soy latte

I get a double shoté

It goes right through my body

And you know I'm satisfied

I drive my Mini Cooper

And I'm feeling super-duper

Yo they tell me I'm a trooper

I do yoga and pilates

And the room is full of hotties

So I'm checking out their bodies

I'm diggin' on the isotope

This metaphysics shit is dope

And if all this can give me hope

You know I'm satisfied

I got a lawyer and a manager

An agent and a chef

Three nannies, an assistant

And a driver and a jet

A trainer and a butler

And a bodyguard or five

A gardener and a stylist

Do you think I'm satisfied?

VS

Ooh la la, you're my superstar

Ooh la la, love the way that you are

Ooh la la, that's what you are

I'm you're biggest fan it's true

Hopelessly attracted to you

You can have the keys to my car

I'll play you a song on my guitar

I'm you're biggest fan it's true

Hopelessly attracted to you

You can have the password to my phone

I'll give you a massage when you get home

Ooh la la

Ooh la la

Ooh la la

Ooh la la

Ooh la la, you're my super superstar

:electropop: I guess your second favourite is B-Day Song, right?

No. B-Day song is a bit rubbish.

Madonna can do a lot better than GGW. I don't think GGW is single material. And Gang Bang is brilliantly produced song but I don't really listen to it much - there are others I prefer on the album.

:electropop:

No. B-Day song is a bit rubbish.

Madonna can do a lot better than GGW. I don't think GGW is single material. And Gang Bang is brilliantly produced song but I don't really listen to it much - there are others I prefer on the album.

:electropop:

In 2012 where every single from Katy Perry's album + the re-release hits the Billboard top 10, it is single material. Probably more than most songs on the album. I like GGW, but I agree she can do better than that, at least we got an amazing video for it. I think nothing that Madonna would put out would get airplay in the US, unless it features an Abba sample. And Superstar as a single... :unsure: It really doesn't make sense if people criticize GGW for it's "bland" lyrics and then say that Superstar should've been a single and that it's the best song on the album.

:rotfl:

superstar is a bit childish...have desime vibe like true blue...i could imagine video in wich madonna act like a little girl with lollypop - or maybe that is to scary :huh:

glam92.jpg

She should dress up as Bette Davis in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, or do a video where she's in ageing make-up as a granny! She should make fun of/acknowledge her age.. ignoring and being in denial of it is one reason I think she isn't connecting to people. Ageism will never go away for a reason, it's the cycle of life and you can't fight mother nature.

Someone should do a Superstar vs B-Day Song poll. :lol: And one reason I sorta liked B-Day Song was there was an acknowledgement there but not in a bitter hectoring project on to people "time is running out/tick tock/hesitate" way.

glam92.jpg

She should dress up as Bette Davis in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, or do a video where she's in ageing make-up as a granny! She should make fun of/acknowledge her age.. ignoring and being in denial of it is one reason I think she isn't connecting to people. Ageism will never go away for a reason, it's the cycle of life and you can't fight mother nature.

Someone should do a Superstar vs B-Day Song poll. :lol: And one reason I sorta liked B-Day Song was there was an acknowledgement there but not in a bitter hectoring project on to people "time is running out/tick tock/hesitate" way.

:shock: You know I actually kinda like that, some interesting bits.. and I really dislike that "Get Stupid". What's the difference between that and the real video? I thought it didn't really have Madonna and was a lecture type one, I kinda avoided it and am unfamiliar. I like the pirate look that turned up in a photoshoot, interesting. Shame that wasn't used.. the audience applause bit is odd.

Get Stoopid is heaven. Should have been a b-side, no joke. The remix is everything. Who did it? Pharrell? Kevin Antunes? Steven Klein?

Get Stoopid is heaven. Should have been a b-side, no joke. The remix is everything. Who did it? Pharrell? Kevin Antunes? Steven Klein?

Yep. That mix in S&S was good.

And people complain about it being on the live CD. Are you kidding? Musically, it's one of the highlights from the CD, and it's great to run to!