SUPERSTAR

Guest ditaluver

The more I listen to this, the more I think that Svperstar may well be the best thing she's ever done. It's so swoonsome. It's a cosy cousin of "I Fucked Up" with some of the backing track of GMAYL and also recalls Roisin Murphy's "Movie Star" and Goldfrapp's "Number 1"

You can have the password to my phone

I'll give you a massage when you get home

Ooh la la, you're my svperstar

:inlove:

Guest SuperPop

I love 'Superstar' although I would have preferred a 'meatier' production

the beat of the chorus is very anemic

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I thought i'd eventually turn off this big time once the newness wore off, but i've come to actually not mind it.

The more I listen to this, the more I think that Svperstar may well be the best thing she's ever done. It's so swoonsome.

Is it possible you speak in hyperbole as much as I do? :lmao:

I'm just playing around, I really like it too! Although the Abe Lincoln line makes me laugh and I get the wrong image from the Ceasar line, I think it's all charming and effortless and giddy.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i loved the clip a LOT. like, it was one of my favorites.

then when i first heard the album sunday night, i was so disappointed. i hated the beat...the production...it just seemed so pointless. i still liked it, but i ranked it lower than most of the other tracks and generally forgot about it unless i was playing the album straight through.

but i'll be damned if this little fucker hasn't grown on me like a rash. although i still wish it had been...crisper...it's a damn cute song, and it's rapidly becoming one of my favorites on the album. i realize many are bitching about the lyrics, but honestly, the song is supposed to be cutesy...i wouldn't really expect some DEEP MEANINGFUL lyrics to a song like this, so it works for what it is. hope those rumors that it'll be getting the single/remix treatment are true, as i would love to see what some GOOD dj's could do with this one.

I don't get the dislike for this song, maybe the lyrics? I love it and I get tingles when the song plays. :inlove: I want to sing-along with this as often as it plays on my iPod.

Is it possible you speak in hyperbole as much as I do? :lmao:

I'm just playing around, I really like it too! Although the Abe Lincoln line makes me laugh and I get the wrong image from the Ceasar line, I think it's all charming and effortless and giddy.

I totally agree. I like the jovial tone of the song. But if I was to record the song, I'd re-write and edit out all the celebrity shout-outs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I find this song a little too "hippy dippy" for me, especially in the lyrical department, however it is very infectious and once it is in my head, it's in there all day.

The lyrics are terrible - "You can have the keys to my car, I'll play you a song on my guitar" rhyming car with guitar is just lazy.

"You're a hot track, you're my suppa duppa star". Seriously if that's the best she can do then she needs a good songwriter.