MDNA Leakage Rumors

mrlover

Guest ditaluver

i was just in my bosses office listening to the gang bang clip over and over and dancing!

WE NEED IT!

LEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IMHO, there's one thing you miss about leaks being dangerous.

Just look at how the snippets are welcomed this days. There's a number of bloggers who are tearing Madonna apart basing their lame critics on 60 seconds bit of songs.

If an album leaks, it doesn't get straight to the mainstream audience, but these people will be among the first who will get their hands on it. And will write about it.

And people will read it - garbage blogs are very popular these days - without having a chance to actually listen to the album. And this will generate negative buzz.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the media was invited to listen to the record so early. That was necessary to set the trend but most of all it was necessary to have them writing about MDNA before it leaks.

that's why it is great move that the snippets are in MADONNA's official facebook and Youtube... so that these readers may, one or another, get to hear it for themselves...

I am sure most people here have already bought a copy (or two). Downloading a leak isn't going to hurt anyone.

Not necessarily true. Yes, those die hard fans such as ourselves who already pre-ordered every freakin' version available will scream with joy with a leak. Though, there are plenty of people who download albums with no intention of purchasing them. It's not so much as the case of it "hurting" by leaking early, but the fact it's so easily attainable by downloading it for free, can be hurtful to the artist. Whether it leaks early or not, the issue of it being downloaded free will remain an issue for most artists.

The thing that puzzles me is how someone like Madonna can have such low sales even for Hard Candy and American Life when many fans claim they have bought multiple versions or several formats of those albums. I know I have. She has millions of fans. You can't tell me that she can't attain a million sales world-wide with an album when we have fans buying multiple copies here. It makes me wonder if we have a lot of fans who aren't buying the album, yet downloading it for free.

Not necessarily true. Yes, those die hard fans such as ourselves who already pre-ordered every freakin' version available will scream with joy with a leak. Though, there are plenty of people who download albums with no intention of purchasing them. It's not so much as the case of it "hurting" by leaking early, but the fact it's so easily attainable by downloading it for free, can be hurtful to the artist. Whether it leaks early or not, the issue of it being downloaded free will remain an issue for most artists.

The thing that puzzles me is how someone like Madonna can have such low sales even for Hard Candy and American Life when many fans claim they have bought multiple versions or several formats of those albums. I know I have. She has millions of fans. You can't tell me that she can't attain a million sales world-wide with an album when we have fans buying multiple copies here. It makes me wonder if we have a lot of fans who aren't buying the album, yet downloading it for free.

You're so right about the leaking bit,

:blink: Wooooooaaaaaahhhhh

I never even thought about that last part until you mentioned it. It's very very interesting. So I'm guessing nobody outside of the Madonna-obsessed fans bought American Life and very few of them actually bought it. I bought the deluxe and the digital. I went to the signing.

Madonna's a legacy act now. New music releases aren't a priority to those in the public willing to pay a high premium to see her live.

Madonna's a legacy act now. New music releases aren't a priority to those in the public willing to pay a high premium to see her live.

A legacy act? You really think so?

I still don't and I'm sure she's unaware of it lol but that's another story. M lives in her own bubble.

I can understand that point of view for a starving artist. Madonna has made millions, and will continue to do so. Besides, people who don't want to pay for her album are never going to do that. They aren't waiting with baited breath for the release date to pirate it. They will download it before or after the release. You can't keep a lid on it forever.

I think people in this forum are living in a bubble. She does not have millions of hardcore fans. In the U.S., she probably has about 15,000 of them - and I say that because that is how many copies Remixed and Revisited sold in its first week. Most people do not buy multiple copies of an album. Just because you know 5 people who did, doesn't mean a million people do that.

I can understand that point of view for a starving artist. Madonna has made millions, and will continue to do so. Besides, people who don't want to pay for her album are never going to do that. They aren't waiting with baited breath for the release date to pirate it. They will download it before or after the release. You can't keep a lid on it forever.

I think people in this forum are living in a bubble. She does not have millions of hardcore fans. In the U.S., she probably has about 15,000 of them - and I say that because that is how many copies Remixed and Revisited sold in its first week. Most people do not buy multiple copies of an album. Just because you know 5 people who did, doesn't mean a million people do that.

At the same time, you have to admit there are some fans who even frequent here who don't always buy her albums, yet they know all about the album they claim that sucks. Some even admitted to downloading the album for free.

Also, I was referring to fans in general... not just HARDCORE. I realize just because she has a million fans, it doesn't mean they all are going to run out and buy her album on the spot. Though, the truth is her fan base makes up more than a million. It has to or she wouldn't have sold as much as she has in the first place. I guess it just puzzles me that there are a lot of fans who buy multiple copies as well as the fact she has probably a faithful bunch of fans that could easily be a MILLION WORLD-WIDE. But no, I am not saying that just because 5 people I know have bought multiple copies, means all her fans do that. But I do think there are a lot of fans who do not buy all her albums because they know they can get it for free now.

i am a huge fan! but HC i just stole when it leaked and i didnt buy the album cuz of the horrible pictures...confessions was a gift...but i got the leak for that as well and the cd months later

HOWEVER, FOR SOME ODD REASON, I WILL BE BUYING THE DELUXE VERSION OF THIS CD!! even if i get the leak next week...it truly does seem like an event cd, cuz its been so long, and the reviews have been so amazing, the artwork is stunning, etc

A legacy act? You really think so?

I still don't and I'm sure she's unaware of it lol but that's another story. M lives in her own bubble.

Madonna only accepts it when it comes to her ticket prices and accepting honors like the R'N'R Hall of Fame. Obviously when she goes into a studio nothing has changed for her--maybe she feels frustrated by not being able to get hit songs at domestic radio?--that could be the only thing that's different now.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

fuck leaking.

i wish they'd just push up the damn release date so we could all have it.

time goes by so slowly...

*cue abba sample*

fuck leaking.

i wish they'd just push up the damn release date so we could all have it.

I agree! Imagine if they surprised us by announcing that the CD would be released tomorrow.

Guest Xanthium

It should leak any day now. I'm surprised it hasn't already leaked. Isn't it released in some European countries a week from tomorrow? Then surely it's been pressed and sealed already and about to be shipped to stores, right? Where's a crooked factory employee when you need one?!?!

It should leak any day now. I'm surprised it hasn't already leaked. Isn't it released in some European countries a week from tomorrow? Then surely it's been pressed and sealed already and about to be shipped to stores, right? Where's a crooked factory employee when you need one?!?!

:lol::lol:

It has to leak either today, or not untill monday. I'll be on a citytrip to Berlin for three days and couldn't stand the idea of it leaking and not being able to download and listen to it immediately! PURE HORROR!!

Guest ditaluver

Where's a crooked factory employee when you need one?!?!

:lmao:

im realllllllllly enjoying the anticipation with all you guys. cant wait till we're all hearing it for the first time!

YAY

It has to leak either today, or not untill monday. I'll be on a citytrip to Berlin for three days and couldn't stand the idea of it leaking and not being able to download and listen to it immediately! PURE HORROR!!

LOL. Though, while I'm sure it could leak anytime, I think we'll all have our hands on it, the Friday or weekend before it's official release in much of the world. Isn't there a few regions where the release date is Friday, 23rd?? I would say it will definitely pop up on-line by next weekend. If so, then I'll be impressed because Madonna and company were successful in keeping a lid on it until it was released... granted it won't be released everywhere by then, but they can't really expect it won't be spread all over the internet if a particular region is getting the album.

Haha. I want it to leak...but I'd be just as happy to hear it streaming in high quality. A leak this early would definitely hurt first-week sales.