MDNA Leakage Rumors

mrlover

Me too! It's 5 am here and I'm already in a bad mood. I had a dream right before I woke up that it leaked already and I wake up to find it has not. Ugh. Now I have to go to work...

All this waiting is really starting to piss me the fuck off. Ugh.

IKR.

In all my years as a M fan, the waiting time for MDNA is excruciating. I've never known anything like it.

when is it getting shipped to retailers in australia?

They usually deliver stock on a Thursday, ready for the standard Friday release date. This is pretty much why Universal moved the release date here - they knew full well that retailers wouldn't be able to keep the stock off the shelves until the 26th, after having received it on the 22nd. Any stock sold on Thursday night won't count towards the chart. Some stores might sell it then, but it depends entirely on the store manager ("Celebration" was available on the Thursday at some stores, but not others, even within the same chain of stores in the same city).

Interscope/Universal has done a brilliant job of keeping this under wraps. The one-minute leaks have worked a treat and worked everyone up into a frenzy. Two weeks ago, many were claiming that Madonna had lost the plot and saying that there was no way that there could be anything decent on the album, since it was highly likely that GMAYL and GGW were considered to be the very best that the album has to offer. Now, people are declaring it a masterpiece, based on a dozen carefully chosen snippets. Maybe....just maybe....Madonna and Guy Oseary actually know what they're doing ;)

I've listened to all of the clips - I never listen to whole album leaks, but always make a habit of listening to anything that is officially issued (e.g. the AL tracks that were played before its release). I rarely make an exception, choosing to wait until I have the CD in my hands on the official day of release. If the entire album leaks in the next four days or so, I won't listen to it. I've loved everything I've heard so far and don't need to hear the full songs until I have the CD. I know that many of you will struggle to make it through the next few days, though, so I wish you all the best....!!! :)

Guest groovyguy

IKR.

In all my years as a M fan, the waiting time for MDNA is excruciating. I've never known anything like it.

Time goes by so slowly

Interscope/Universal has done a brilliant job of keeping this under wraps. The one-minute leaks have worked a treat and worked everyone up into a frenzy. Two weeks ago, many were claiming that Madonna had lost the plot and saying that there was no way that there could be anything decent on the album, since it was highly likely that GMAYL and GGW were considered to be the very best that the album has to offer. Now, people are declaring it a masterpiece, based on a dozen carefully chosen snippets. Maybe....just maybe....Madonna and Guy Oseary actually know what they're doing ;)

People are in a frenzy? And I don't mean us here.

Guest Xanthium

Yes it was very smart of them to do this. I was definitely one of those people who was dreading the album and fearing the worst. I was gonna buy it anyway regardless of the quality (hey it's Madonna) but I'm sure there were tons of people who were canceling their pre-orders because of GMAYL and GGW. The snippets of the other songs probably brought a SHITLOAD of people back into the fold.

I was definitely one of the ones that was forced to eat crow (heh) and change my prediction that the album would be subpar based on the quality of the snippets. But to view everything through perpetually rose colored glasses and reward the UTTER LACK of any promotion because they released a bunch of snippets on Facebook? I mean the album is out in a week and Madonna and camp haven't lifted a FINGER. It is utterly mind boggling. I'm not one of those promotion whores but I don't think I've EVER seen a major album be released without ANY PUSH WHATSOEVER.

Guest Xanthium

I was definitely one of the ones that was forced to eat crow (heh) and change my prediction that the album would be subpar based on the quality of the snippets. But to view everything through perpetually rose colored glasses and reward the UTTER LACK of any promotion because they released a bunch of snippets on Facebook? I mean the album is out in a week and Madonna and camp haven't lifted a FINGER. It is utterly mind boggling. I'm not one of those promotion whores but I don't think I've EVER seen a major album be released without ANY PUSH WHATSOEVER.

Yeah it's just bizarre. No magazine covers, no David Letterman interview, nothing. I'm disappointed for sure but I'm just grateful the album is (most likely) gonna be kickass. I never said the album was going to be shit (I just feared it would be) but I'd rather eat crow than have my fears come true and have Madonna release a sub-par album..

Guest Xanthium

due to the fact that Interscope has a contract with Cubomusica and MSN they will prosecute all leaks before March 21st :dramatic: I doubt that MDNA leaks before that date

But if leaks are anonymous and you can't track them how can one prosecute? I mean, has there EVER been someone who was arrested or prosecuted for leaking an album?

But if leaks are anonymous and you can't track them how can one prosecute? I mean, has there EVER been someone who was arrested or prosecuted for leaking an album?

That guy from Zaragoza who leaked GIVEMEALLYOURLUVIN' was found and arrested

Guest Xanthium

But I read that he wasn't even the one who did it.

Oh well. If it doesn't leak there's only 3 more days of torture until we can listen to the album in full :|

and....................................... nuthin. i didn't think it would. haven't heard it but i heard there was an early demo of 'gang bang' floating around? and i'm calling BULLLSHITTTTTT on the people who are playing like they already have it. you ain't gotta lie to kick it babies!

Maybe it is just us here :lol:

Absolutely not. On ATRL, people are going CRAZY :crazy:

A few days ago, it was a total mess there, everyone was SOOOOOOO mad because of a few trolls :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wow. :) I'm not the only one praising the marketing strategy of this album. More than one article has commented that, unlike other artists, who document their whole lives on social media, Madonna is using social networking very effectively to market MDNA. You might not agree yourself, but that doesn't mean that I'm viewing anything through rose coloured glasses. The fact remains that on this forum and others, doomsday predictions were coming thick and fast. Now, after an innovative method of promo kicked in, the tone of the forums has changed completely and people are positive about this leak. Literally dozens of reviews have been published worldwide and they are helping to build the buzz. Even my local radio station was discussing the leaks last week (and they're anti-Madonna) and they've been discussed on various music news shows in Australia (and, I'm sure, around the world).

and released as there was no case against him. He got it from somebody else.

Wow. :) I'm not the only one praising the marketing strategy of this album. More than one article has commented that, unlike other artists, who document their whole lives on social media, Madonna is using social networking very effectively to market MDNA. You might not agree yourself, but that doesn't mean that I'm viewing anything through rose coloured glasses. The fact remains that on this forum and others, doomsday predictions were coming thick and fast. Now, after an innovative method of promo kicked in, the tone of the forums has changed completely and people are positive about this leak. Literally dozens of reviews have been published worldwide and they are helping to build the buzz. Even my local radio station was discussing the leaks last week (and they're anti-Madonna) and they've been discussed on various music news shows in Australia (and, I'm sure, around the world).

Its great they are thinking new ways of promo but I fear its not that effective in the bigger scale. Sure the clips can get fans excited, but how many casual music buyers they can reach? And positive reviews are great, but again I'm not so sure they can have any larger impact. Do people really read them and buy music based on these reviews? Some probably do but I sure don't.

I think generally first singles success (radio play and sales) of the album can help album debut sales in a major way.

Also, music performances on tv can get casual people to buy the album and the single.

Tour can't really have an big impact but tied albums to ticket sales potentially can.

Lets hope the best. And if its good word of mouth surely will help her.

I just can't...really. At least ya'll have listened the previews...going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't listened to the previews either. That's why I'm dying for the full leak. :dramatic:

Guest Xanthium

Its great they are thinking new ways of promo but I fear its not that effective in the bigger scale. Sure the clips can get fans excited, but how many casual music buyers they can reach? And positive reviews are great, but again I'm not so sure they can have any larger impact.

Exactly. The only thing this new form of promotion (leaked song clips, rave reviews from critics) is doing is whipping the fans up into a frenzy and reassuring those who were disillusioned that the album wouldn't be good. These new tactics are not registering with the general public. The general public is not visiting Madonna message boards, reading her Facebook page for updates, going to Perez Hilton's website or Madonna's youtube channel to listen to the album snippets. It's foolish to think what's going on is being spread out on a much wider scale. All this information we are receiving right now is basically going to those who are actively seeking it out.