MDNA Leakage Rumors

mrlover

Guest LoveSpent

Ugh...I already pre-ordered the deluxe version and will be getting more copies because I bought tickets to the tour so I say bring on the leak!

:dramatic:

I remember when Hard Candy leaked, I had that shit on repeat obsessively. But by the time it was officially released, it was so anti-climatic and not as Madge-ical as I may have wanted it to be. This time will be different. I cannot WAIT for the day MDNA is here in full, HQ! I'm going to roll myself a j, put on my beatz, and let the music take over my sooouuuul.....

I remember when Hard Candy leaked, I had that shit on repeat obsessively. But by the time it was officially released, it was so anti-climatic and not as Madge-ical as I may have wanted it to be. This time will be different. I cannot WAIT for the day MDNA is here in full, HQ! I'm going to roll myself a j, put on my beatz, and let the music take over my sooouuuul.....

:thumbsup: ditto

Oh it may be that, but I think people are purposely trying to fuck with him as well. Some people (even fans) love to cause some hysteria and drama, posting fake lyrics, pics and leading people to believe this album has leaked.

most likely this is the case. agree.

I just had a hilarious thought. Maybe they think GMAYL didn't do well because of the leak :lmao:

I swear to God, I read something to that effect in one of the gazillion reviews that were posted.

I swear to God, I read something to that effect in one of the gazillion reviews that were posted.

It was said... by one of the producers?... that they wanted to scrape it as the lead single since it had been leaked, but because of the songs guests scheduled for the SB and all, they stayed with it.

It was said... by one of the producers?... that they wanted to scrape it as the lead single since it had been leaked, but because of the songs guests scheduled for the SB and all, they stayed with it.

That might be what I was thinking of. And thank you!!

I am, and have always been, truly baffled by the people who never want things to leak! I can understand the concern if an album leaks like 3 months in advance. That's bad and can definitely hurt sales. But we're literally 2 weeks away from MDNA's release. If it leaks Interscope/UMG can just go ahead and release the pre-order downloads. And as for physical copies, one would hope they'd be experienced enough with this shit to know they gotta be ready for anything. Have those discs sealed up tight somewhere just waiting to be shipped, just in case. And before anyone says we're only 2 weeks away it's not gonna kill you to wait, just know my dick is hard for this album and it needs release NOW. ;)

J an MDNA is the order of the day here too ;)

Guest Mdnaboy

I am pre- ordered even bought the ggw single. I wish iTunes/Madonna would give us a track every couple of days .. Then the finals on release date. I'm anxious for gang bang!

Guest Mdnaboy

I am, and have always been, truly baffled by the people who never want things to leak! I can understand the concern if an album leaks like 3 months in advance. That's bad and can definitely hurt sales. But we're literally 2 weeks away from MDNA's release. If it leaks Interscope/UMG can just go ahead and release the pre-order downloads. And as for physical copies, one would hope they'd be experienced enough with this shit to know they gotta be ready for anything. Have those discs sealed up tight somewhere just waiting to be shipped, just in case. And before anyone says we're only 2 weeks away it's not gonna kill you to wait, just know my dick is hard for this album and it needs release NOW. ;)

Nice........I agree.....release the pre-orders at least a bonus track something!

Same here :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

If they want to release it early do they actually have that option though? I find it hard to imagine otherwise major labels would have done stuff like that already when things have leaked.

If they want to release it early do they actually have that option though? I find it hard to imagine otherwise major labels would have done stuff like that already when things have leaked.

Someone told me they released Lana Del Rey's BTD and gaga's BTW early because of leaks. I'm not certain if this is true so maybe someone who knows can back this up.. they are both on interscope as well ..

Does anyone know when the scheduled release dates for Lana and Gaga were versus when the supposed early itunes release date happened? When did the actual physical albums end up shipping? How did they chart for each?

Edited by Louise Oriole

Guest northernlad

Gaga's didn't change, and Del Rey's album was released on iTunes the weekend before the physical in some countries, but I can't remember if that was always the plan or not. Even with an advance leak I think they'd be reluctant to separate the physical and digital dates and risk it not getting to #1, at least in the US & UK.

Guest Vanderpump

Gaga's album wasn't pushed forward or back, the release date was set in stone. Even when the album leaked, Gaga commented on twitter and let it be.

Lana's album did leak but they released her album on iTunes on the scheduled release date. I haven't heard about the physical release not being sold in stores until the next week, I know the deluxe version was not sold in stores but I know some people who picked up a physical copy soon-ish after the release, but I can't remember if it was the week of it's release or the following week!

Even if the album does not leak, people will still download it illegally when it gets released. I don't think leaks affect sales as much as some people think. I do think it affects people's excitement though. Listen to it so much before the release and by the time the release date comes, it's not as exciting! :(

Edited by Vanderpump

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Erm......Lana's album didn't get released early due to a leak and the U.S got the physical same day as U.S. iTunes did.

Gaga's album release wasn't shifted either.

The fuck? :wacko:

I read that Lana sold somewhere in the 77,000 range and that was enough to land her at #2 on the US chart.

Yes.

Guest bluejean

I don't believe leaks do not effect sales much.

It's just logical, if people download it a week or more before its released they will a) hear it and decide its not worth buying or b) hear it and feel too lazy/cheap to actually buy it. The idea that people will buy it anyway when they already have it makes no sense at all. Only obsessed fans or people who want physical copies will do that.

It's just logical, if people download it a week or more before its released they will a) hear it and decide its not worth buying or b) hear it and feel too lazy/cheap to actually buy it. The idea that people will buy it anyway when they already have it makes no sense at all. Only obsessed fans or people who want physical copies will do that.

I'm pretty sure that most downloads happen AFTER an album is released. Sure it might b sourced from the leaked file, but it's the freaks (read: innernet gays)who will go first.

vogue.gif

YOu have to consider the people who will support the artist by purchasing hard copy/ downloads in order to insure

future releases from artist...... thats what i do for madonna....and others that i appreciate....

when madonna releases her stuff...i always buy 2 copies....one for me and one for my sister. vogue.gif

according to madonnatribe the album will be released march 23rd in some european countries due to the fact that that is when they release albums there

so the leak could very well happen anytime, unless M&team r really on their shit, which obviously they r not